• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 adstua

adstua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:18 AM

Hello, I am trying to use the VidOn Player HD on my new Kindle Fire HDX 7". The device quickly discovers my Serviio UPNP/DLNA network server and I am able to see the folder hierarchy I have setup there but when I drill into a folder to access my movies nothing is displayed. In other words the VidOn Player is not displaying the folder contents. Can someone please let me know what I'm missing. Thanks in advance.

#2 vidontaan

vidontaan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:32 AM

I am having the same issue on an Ipad. I can see my Serviio server and traverse the folders, but I can not see the movie files (.mp4) I also have Plex runnning on the same server for testing and the VidOn Player sees that server and the same folders but can see and stream the mp4 files.  I prefer Serviio, but I am wonderring if the player can access the files in Serviio

#3 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:28 AM

Hey, guys I've reported your questions to our developers and we just discussed it again. So now I want to know if only VidOn Player can not see the files, does any other player can connect to your Serviio and see the files?

Actually, we doubt that the DLNA(UPnP) applied on Serviio is not a standard protocol, each maker has their own way to make DLNA work.

We also tested the Plex with the Android Pad, which installed the VidOn Player HD v 1.2.2, it works well, we can see the files and can play the movies. So @adstua, could you tell me the version of the VidOn Player HD installed on your Kindle Fire HDX 7"? Can you update to the latest verison if it is not and try again?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VidOn Player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users