• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 snipes

snipes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

I had problems with XBMC Gotham 13.2 so I decided to re-do a CLEAN INSTALL. I reset the machine, waited for the booting and everything was fine until I wanted to update to SDK 1.2 . The reset was working because after it I was in the startup menu. I had the 'old menu' interface of VMC, XBMC, etc. So I updated to SDK 1.2 but after the reboot the screen still black with no response. Even if, I reboot, I un-power the machine and start it again there is nothing on the screen. I restarted the complete process but this time I updated to SDK 1.2 with the update.zip file that I downloaded on my USB key. Again, after the reboot to SDK 1.2 there ws nothing on the screen.

Please, need help

PS: cannot load the log file because I can't even load the star menu.

#2 trigu75

trigu75

• *Beta Tester*
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationIsrael
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • iPhone:4
  • iPad:4

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

Been there ....

You must download sdk 1.1 rom , and phoenixsuite , and load the rom using the phoenixsuite

After that the device will boot , during the 1st run the device will download the update and will perform the upgrade to sdk 1.2

#3 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:39 PM

Snipes,

Out of interest. Did you also 'Force stop' Video Media Center in the 'Apps' area?

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#4 snipes

snipes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:46 PM

Been there ....

You must download sdk 1.1 rom , and phoenixsuite , and load the rom using the phoenixsuite

After that the device will boot , during the 1st run the device will download the update and will perform the upgrade to sdk 1.2

Where can I download sdk 1.1 ? Because they put only the last version ( which is 1.2 ) available to download. And where I download phoenixsuite ?

Snipes,

Out of interest. Did you also 'Force stop' Video Media Center in the 'Apps' area?

What do you mean by 'Force stop ?' The only thing I tryed is to push on the 'menu start' button on the remote, when I saw that after the 'Video Media Center FIRST RUN dialogue' nothing occured. I pushed several time on the remote when Gotham freezed the machine but I was always been able to return to the start menu. It's after I installed VMC 0.0.1.5 that things got ugly... But it,s really SDK 1.2 that make the machine freeze for good after rebooting and trying to load for the first run of VMC

#5 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:49 PM

Where can I download sdk 1.1 ? Because they put only the last version ( which is 1.2 ) available to download. And where I download phoenixsuite ?

Here...

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#6 snipes

snipes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:19 PM

Thanks, but I dunno how to perform the install. I downloaded the 2 files on my USB key. Do I have to re-boot with the USB key plugged to the machine and let the things go like that ? I don t know what to do with the phoenix .msi program

#7 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

Here is the tutorial to tell you how to burn the image.
http://vidon.me/supp...ration/613.html

Burning image on Android device is a dangerous operation, I strongly recommend you to clean the data & cache of the VMC and VidOn XBMC, it may recovery your box from the unnormal status.

#8 snipes

snipes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

Here is the tutorial to tell you how to burn the image.
http://vidon.me/supp...ration/613.html

Burning image on Android device is a dangerous operation, I strongly recommend you to clean the data & cache of the VMC and VidOn XBMC, it may recovery your box from the unnormal status.

I will try the clean data and cache before. I do not trust the 'burn image' method

#9 snipes

snipes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

Forget all of this. My  box definitively died... I could not even more perform a reset ! It would not let me access the main menu, after the reset the screen goes blank... The only thing that I see is when I perform the reset there is the bar that show the reset progress and after it reboot and you see the VidOn box logo in 1280 x 720p. After that It reboot again to access the VMC for the fisrt time but never occurs

#10 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

Forget all of this. My box definitively died... I could not even more perform a reset ! It would not let me access the main menu, after the reset the screen goes blank... The only thing that I see is when I perform the reset there is the bar that show the reset progress and after it reboot and you see the VidOn box logo in 1280 x 720p. After that It reboot again to access the VMC for the fisrt time but never occurs

It seems the launcher cannot start up or it has been killed by the system before it starts up.

#11 snipes

snipes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

It seems the launcher cannot start up or it has been killed by the system before it starts up.

Yeah exactly, yesterday I was able to reset to SDK 1.0 and VMC 0.0.0.1 But now it impossible. How long will it take to ship me a new one ?

MODERATOR NOTE:
A replacement VidOn Box organised... Topic closed. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Firmware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users