• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:25 AM

Hey, guys

VidOn Cloud v 0.2 Beta for Android Phone now is released!

Download link: http://www.vidon.me/...VidOn_Cloud.apk

Change log:

1. New: Added media info correction function so that you can correct manually the incorrect movie poster and info according to the movie title and category.

2. New: Added photo saving function so that you can save photos on VidOn Server to your mobile.

3. New: Added movie search function so that you can enter a movie title then search for the matching videos, movies and TV series.

4. New: Added subtitles display settings so that you can change the size, location and font of text subtitles on the video playback settings screen.

5. New: Added pull-to-refresh function so that you can pull a list to refresh data on each main functional module of VidOn Cloud.

6. Improvement: Work with the VidOn Server 2.0 [Download] protocol to create a unique streaming format – VMF for much smoother video playback. 

For iOS version, please read this topic, we will release the new version for iOS asap.

We hope hearing more feedback from you!

Regards,

VidOn.me Team

#2 arnie

arnie

• *Beta Tester*
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:46 AM

What is VidOn Cloud????  Is is a player?  What do we do with it?  What does it have to do with VidOn Server?  I am ver confused about this new VidOn Cloud.  Can you explain more about what we do with it?

#3 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:23 AM

You can regard it as a mobile client of VidOn Server.

After connecting to VidOn Server, it now has two big points:

1. Streaming video from VidOn Server to VidOn Cloud

2. Backup the photos from your mobilephone to VidOn Server.

Learn more >> http://vidon.me/vidon_server.htm

#4 arnie

arnie

• *Beta Tester*
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

I'm sorry, but maybe I am stupid.  After reading all of the online info about VidOn cloud I still do not know what it does.  Is it a player that I use to play my movies from the new VidOn Server?  Will VidOn Cloud work with 0.0.2.1 VidOn Server?  Or does VidOn Cloud only work with VidOn Server 2.0.1.0?  If VidOn cloud only works with version 2.0.1.0 of VidOn Server how ill I play my movies on my Android tablet?  VidOn player does not work with VidOn Server 2.0.1.0.

I am completely confused about this.  I must say that the Blu-Ray Android box I bought from you is much easier to understand.

#5 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

I'm sorry, but maybe I am stupid.  After reading all of the online info about VidOn cloud I still do not know what it does.  Is it a player that I use to play my movies from the new VidOn Server?  Will VidOn Cloud work with 0.0.2.1 VidOn Server?  Or does VidOn Cloud only work with VidOn Server 2.0.1.0?  If VidOn cloud only works with version 2.0.1.0 of VidOn Server how ill I play my movies on my Android tablet?  VidOn player does not work with VidOn Server 2.0.1.0.

I am completely confused about this.  I must say that the Blu-Ray Android box I bought from you is much easier to understand.

VidOn Cloud only works with VidOn Server v 2.0.1.0, and now only for iPhone and Android phone, no tablet version yet.

VidOn Player for mobilephone can work with VidOn Server v 2.0.1.0, but still have some bugs.

VidOn Player HD can only work with VidOn Server v 0.0.2.1, because we have not updated it to compatible with the new VidOn Server.

So if you want to watch movie on your Android tablet, please install the v 0.0.2.1 and turn off the auto update.

#6 James

James

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • iPhone:6 Plus
  • iOS on iPhone:8.1.1
  • iPad:mini 2
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.1

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:34 AM

To make this simple:

VidOn Cloud is our newly developed app which has:

1. Stream movies from VidOn Server

2. Show Movie library with posters.

3. Manage VidOn Server

4. Backup photos

VidOn Cloud is a personal media management tool which only works with VidOn Server,

On the other hand

New VidOn Player (Released) and VidOn Player HD (Under development)

1. Play local contents

2. stream movies from upnp, samba, and VidOn server

3. show movies by list, not posters

4. Media library feature has been removed (VidOn Player HD still have it since it did not get any update yet),

#7 Tryingtobepatient

Tryingtobepatient

• *Beta Tester*
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

Does VidOn Cloud work with a VidOn Box, or only the Server software?

#8 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:23 AM

Does VidOn Cloud work with a VidOn Box, or only the Server software?

Would only work with VidOn Server.

Now we are developing the VidOn Cloud TV and VidOn Server for Android Box, if you want experience the TV version, please wait some days.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VidOn Cloud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users