Photo

SDK 1.2/VMC 0.0.1.3: Problems with the Plex app (via Google Play store)

Apps on Box

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 ricmorgpreston

ricmorgpreston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hello all,

I may be doing something wrong (quite likely) but I've installed Plex from the GPS, and the icon now sits on the main screen when the VidOn box boots up.

The apps works fine, I can access my library etc BUT when i want to play a video, the option to select the play button isn't available - It is on the screen but there seems to be no way of selecting play using the on screen commands or the remote. Am i missing something here ? Has anyone else had the same problem ?

BTW the Plex via XBMC works ok, but i like the layout of the Android Plex app so I hope to find a solution.

Appreciate the help, Many thanks.

#2 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

Which SDK and VMC (GUI) version do you currently have installed?

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#3 ricmorgpreston

ricmorgpreston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

Hi there - I did a software update last night to which brought down v 0.0.1.3, i installed version 1.2 of the SDK earlier in the month

#4 ricmorgpreston

ricmorgpreston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:56 AM

Further to this, there is other strange behaviour that has only started to happen after the latest software update.

When i go to PleXBMC and select it, i get a script error.

To get it to work, i have to go to the GPS version of Plex (that i can't get to play) click around for a few seconds then go back to PleXbmc and then it starts to work without the script error.

Really strange.

If only the play button would be selectable on the Google Play store version of Plex ! 

#5 ricmorgpreston

ricmorgpreston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:57 AM

Is no one else using Plex ? 

It's a shame this isn't working correctly because I wanted to replace my ATV with this box, but i'll be going back to it this weekend.

#6 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

Hey, ricmorgpreston

We will try the PleXBMC and give you a feedback asap.

#7 ricmorgpreston

ricmorgpreston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hi thanks - The PleXBMC is not really the main problem.

The issue is with the Plex Andriod app from the Google Play Store, it installs ok and the library appears but videos can't be played.

This is the main problem, if you can look at that then that would be great

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Apps on Box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users