Photo

Please tell us: About your IPTV 'addons' issues, here?

XBMC Addons

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:01 AM

Hello Everyone,

Can you please tell us exactly what the problems are with IPTV when you are attempting to use it VidOn XBMC? Is it a script error? Audio/Visual playback error? No stream available? Or something else entirely? Be sure to to include your SDK, VMC and XBMC versions.

Thanks, Joe

#2 paulie

paulie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.5 Beta

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:06 PM

I can get IPTV configured, but it won't load any channels. It works on my other boxes and windows, but not my vidon box.

#3 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

Hi everyone,

First things first. Can you guys please tell us which 'VidOn SDK' version, 'VidOn XBMC' version and 'Video Media Center' (VMC) version you currently have installed on your VidOn Box?

And when you find out the above, can you please visit 'My Settings' via your 'Profile' and add this information within your 'Devices & Software' area for future reference?
Click on your 'log-in name' (at the top right of the web page). Click on 'My Settings' and at the bottom of the page you should see these options: -

5dpe8j.png

Cheers

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#4 paulie

paulie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:34 PM

Ok. I found it and loaded the info.

I still can't get IPTV to load channels. I even did a clean install of vidon xbmc

#5 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:56 AM

Hi, paulie
We will test and discuss it to see if there is a solution or if our VidOn Box supports IPTV.

Edit: Just so there's no doubt. Do you mean an IPTV 'Android' app or VidOn XBMC addon?

#6 paulie

paulie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:11 PM

iptv in live tv in xbmc

#7 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:59 AM

Hey paulie,

You are not the only user right now that is experiencing this specific problem with IPTV channels, about three other people reported the same thing within the last week. We have just gotten back from our holiday so we are now looking into the IPTV problem.

Joe

#8 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:50 AM

iptv in live tv in xbmc

Oh, I see. I'm sorry to tell you that VidOn XBMC currently doesn't support IPTV :sad:

#9 Sako

Sako

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

Sorry to enter the discussion, but this option should be supported. It is very important in my opinion. Please do sth to have it.

SDK 1.2,

VMC 0.0.1.6,

VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 

#10 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:10 AM

Hey Sako, 

We are working on it right now, because it is important to us here at VidOn.me for all of you to be able to use the VidOn Box for whatever you want.

The problem right now is that with the new update some add-ons stopped working with our XBMC fork, and other add-ons suddenly started working... We think code from a different area of the program is interferring with the IPTV add-on so our developers are playing detective right now trying to locate the source of the problem. 

As soon as we have any news about this we will let all of you know. We understand now how important this particular add-on is to all of you and we want you to be able to use it.

Joe

#11 nexzus

nexzus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

If these broadcasts are multicast, one option would be to use a program called UDPXY (http://www.udpxy.com) to turn them into HTTP streams that XBMC can handle well. If they are unicast, VLC should work in a similar fashion.

I used VLC and a couple of HDHomeRuns to implement a homebrew IPTV solution. Works well.

• Joe likes this

#12 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:20 PM

Wow nexzus, this sounds great. I will have the testers implement this on Monday and see how it works.

Thank you for your help!

#13 ihoti2001

ihoti2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

Hi guys,

I'm new here. Just been following this thread with interest since I have literally just bought a box. However, reading on to find that IPTV does not work with your fork of XBMC felt a bit like a kick in the teeth. 99% of people who buy android boxes buy them for that reason alone. The Android OS is open source, xbmc/kodi is open source. How can you create a fork of the above and not test weather one of the major reasons (IPTV PVR on XMBC/KODI) for buying such a box actually works? I mean I'm sounding like a dick I know, but come on guys IPTV PRV HAS to be sorted out PDQ. At $70 this box is a still but for what? For browsing the internet on your 50" screen TV? Come let's get real and sort this out lads.

I'm kinda cursing myself now for not having done my homework properly before buying the box! I will let others know on forums and facebook pages concerned with XBMC/KODI (like All things XBMC etc) where I found out about this seemingly amazing box. But I will be honest and tell them to check the forums before actually buying the box to make sure that it runs all the features people buy XBMC boxes for in the first place.

Cheers and I look forward for a solution to this problem, hopefully before the box is delivered (couple of weeks hopefully). 

#14 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • Devices:RT1186 Linux
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Medion AP4
  • Android Pad:Medion Lifetab

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:03 AM

IPTV is a major reason????  B/S!!!!

For you maybe, but most users purchase it as a Media Player to play their OWN content, not PIRATED CRAP!

• Joe likes this

#15 Dazzlaa

Dazzlaa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:45 AM

Iptv works fine here... Added via xbmc add on.

Xbmc, system, addons> add from zip file. I think is the path I used. Added my iptv app for the footy, opened the video>add ons and app, added credentials. All working.
And as for the pirated crap statement, it impossible in the UK to watch all the 3pm kick offs unless you have an IPTV service. I find this a great solution.

#16 ihoti2001

ihoti2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

GregiBoy,

Like Dazzlaa said, in the UK we like to watch the 3 o'clock KO games (it's what we call football here, you know the game played with an actual football) and there's no way do it unless you use IPTV.

So stop giving me this BS pirated rubbish mate (I have subscriptions to Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, I don't pirate shit, I have a job and can afford to pay for my enjoyment). So take your head out of you a** mate, because no one I know uses it mainly for their own content.

You live in fantasy land my friend! And you have made up your mind about what people might use Android boxes for, without doing your homework!

#17 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:03 PM

ihoti2001,

Okay that's enough! Please modify your attitude and stop being so aggressive or you will be barred from this forum!

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#18 ihoti2001

ihoti2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:19 PM

GregiBoy,

just like to make a public apology here for my earlier conduct. I was just expresing my opinion. I didn't take particularly kindly to being accused of piracy.

Anyway I promise I will behave in the future so as to preserve the spirit of the community which I understand is about colaboration and sharing, not abuse.

Cheers ihoti2001
  • jsimard and Joe like this

#19 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:18 AM

Hey guys,

For everyone having trouble with IPTV, check out this post from forum member toby over in the "XBMC for Beginners" section: An Alternative for IPTV Simple Client

Also, can you please tell us exactly what the problems are with IPTV when you are attempting to use it VidOn XBMC? Is it a script error? Audio/Visual playback error? No stream available? Or something else entirely?

Be sure to to include your SDK, VMC and XBMC versions.

Thanks, Joe
  • Wolly Xu likes this

#20 shv

shv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

Can you please check why the VU+ / Enigma2 Client LiveTV Addon doesn't work on the Vidon Box? It would be nice if you can fix it.

MODERATOR NOTE:
As you can see your topic VU+/Enigma2 LiveTV 'Addon' not working topic has been merged into this existing topic about the same/similar subject... 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBMC Addons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users