Photo

Q&A: How do you delete downloaded files?

Apps on Box

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 wemathis

wemathis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:19 PM

I cannot see how you delete downloads or get rid of the notification icons at the top to the screen. Anybody?

#2 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:04 AM

Hello wemathis,

Could you more specific as to what you are actually trying to delete? To delete most files you can use the File Explorer app that comes preloaded on the VidOn Box; this app can be used to delete all of the content that you have personally downloaded.

As for the notification bar at the top of the screen, are you referring to the update reminder? If you, simply update your software to the most current version by going to SETTINGS>UPDATE>Check for Update, or by selecting the "M" logo at the top of the screen and then sleecting Check for Update.

I hope this helps, and I apologize for the late response. Please be sure to let me know if you need anything else or have further questions.

#3 wemathis

wemathis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:06 PM

I figured out the file explorer part. The icons I'm talking about are at the top of the screen in certain apps, that show the status of things you've done. When they are on my android phone I just pull down from the top of the screen and click on "clear", but on the vidon they just keep building up along the top of the screen and I don't see how to clear them.

#4 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:31 AM

Can you please post a screen shot because I am not sure what you mean. I understand what you mean on an Android phone, but not on the Box itself.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#5 fba

fba

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • VidOn XBMC:Old Version
  • Android Phone:Nexus 5, others
  • Android Pad:Galaxy Tab II, others

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:17 AM

I believe he is talking about the icons that stack up in the "shade" at the top of the screen.   On an Android phone, you drag down from the top of the screen to see the notifications that have caused the icons to show up along the top of the screen.   On the VidOn box, I am not sure there is a way to pull the shade down.   That said, I have managed to "highlight" the icons along the top with the remote.   But I am not sure that clicking on them will remove them, or if it will just take you to the app that put the notification up.

- Video system : Sharp 80" 3D TV, Pioneer Elite VSX-70, Definitive Audio Speakers, 40+ TB (hardware RAID 5) Linux server for Blu-ray and DVD ISOs.

- Network : (2x) HP 3400cl switches, HP 1810-24G, Cisco ASA 5520 router/firewall, Aerohive wireless APs

#6 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

Drag down from the top with a mouse, you will see the notification center. I've tried.

#7 wemathis

wemathis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:56 PM

I believe he is talking about the icons that stack up in the "shade" at the top of the screen.   On an Android phone, you drag down from the top of the screen to see the notifications that have caused the icons to show up along the top of the screen.   On the VidOn box, I am not sure there is a way to pull the shade down.   That said, I have managed to "highlight" the icons along the top with the remote.   But I am not sure that clicking on them will remove them, or if it will just take you to the app that put the notification up.

I did use my touchpad keyboard to pull down and show what the icons were. There wasn't a clear button, but there was a stairstep icon at the top and when I clicked on that the pull down collapsed and the icons had cleared.

#8 Chris4424

Chris4424

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

I figured out the file explorer part. The icons I'm talking about are at the top of the screen in certain apps, that show the status of things you've done. When they are on my android phone I just pull down from the top of the screen and click on "clear", but on the vidon they just keep building up along the top of the screen and I don't see how to clear them.

Can you tell me how you deleted files in the File Manager? I cannot seem to figure out how to delete files that were downloaded into the Vidon Memory. Also can you tell the vidon to use a USB drive for downloads? I would like to have more storage space.

#9 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:57 AM

Hello Chris4424,

To delete the unwanted files using file manager simply open the file manager > navigate to the folder or itme you wish to delete > long press that item to bring up a menu located at bottom of the scree > select the trash bin icon and viola, goodbye useless files.

Hope this helps,

Joe

#10 Chris4424

Chris4424

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:19 PM

Hello Chris4424,

To delete the unwanted files using file manager simply open the file manager > navigate to the folder or itme you wish to delete > long press that item to bring up a menu located at bottom of the scree > select the trash bin icon and viola, goodbye useless files.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Thank You

• Joe likes this

#11 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing