Photo

Help, I can't find the 'full featured' VMC GUI / When will it return?

VidOn Media Center

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 alexkuzko

alexkuzko

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • Devices:Dune HD Base 3.0
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:40 AM

Should the lack of VMC in latest SDK 1.2 assumed to be the bug?
I have updated from stock SDK 1.0 to SDK 1.2, performed Factory Reset and used the Coupon to activate premium function. But I still may use outdated VidOn XBMC only and not the VidOn MediaCenter which should (?) be better.

(AV200 / SDK 3.1.3 / XBMC 1.1.0.2) + (Box / SDK 1.2/1.3 / XBMC 0.0.0.4/6) /  Updated: 02/03/2015

#2 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4
  • iPhone:6
  • iOS on iPhone:9.3.2
  • iPad:3
  • iOS on iPad:9.3.2

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:33 PM

Should the lack of VMC in latest SDK 1.2 assumed to be the bug?
I have updated from stock SDK 1.0 to SDK 1.2, performed Factory Reset and used the Coupon to activate premium function. But I still may use outdated VidOn XBMC only and not the VidOn MediaCenter which should (?) be better.

What I don't understand is why releasing updates without one of the advertised features: VidOn Media Center. If I knew this box was going to be an xbmc box I wouldn't have bought it. But no, both were advertised: VidOn MC and VidOn XBMC, why get half? I don't use XBMC at all and now I don't use the box at all because of the audio sync bug.

This is a bug: VidOn Media Center doesn't work on 1.0 sdk and it is not included on sdk 1.1 or 1.2.

#3 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Devices:RT1186 Linux
  • Android Phone:Medion AP4
  • Android Pad:Medion Lifetab

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:49 PM

Yes, but there is no VidOn Media Center. I don't use XBMC.

Then I think that the VidOn Box (and most of the current crop of Android players) is not the device for you.

#4 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:06 AM

Yes, but there is no VidOn Media Center. I don't use XBMC.

We will soon release a new version of VMC (Beta) which can be installed on the latest firmware, and the VMC (Beta) is still a beta version, so we don't merge it into the official released firmware, we must keep our box stable. We are adding the function back to VMC, like file management, media library.

#5 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

We will soon release a new version of VMC (Beta) which can be installed on the latest firmware, and the VMC (Beta) is still a beta version, so we don't merge it into the official released firmware, we must keep our box stable. We are adding the function back to VMC, like file management, media library.

Thank you for the answer. I already updated to sdk 1.2 and installed Archos Video Player. It is working fine without audio sync problems. I can use that app until the VidOn Player/Media Center is available to install on this sdk.

Then I think that the VidOn Box (and most of the current crop of Android players) is not the device for you.

On the contrary, I think this is the perfect device for me, because at some point the VidOn Player/Media Center will be available. In the meantime I am using Archos as an alternative on sdk 1.2.

#6 saimon

saimon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:45 AM

I do not understand why you integrate XBMC into this box. I like the default app VMC. It is compact, simple. (like HDP). I do not have all day to watch movies or to experience the XBMC add-ons.

Let's make this box runs well, easy to use and simple as possible. VMC will be special applications, the typical personalize for box, you will not find in the other box. I think you should split the XBMC application and development of its separate. If people like it they installed XBMC as one the 3rd application.

P/s: that's my own thoughts, if something is not right, please ignore. Sorry for my english, it's pretty bad
  • willynanita likes this

#7 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

I do not understand why you integrate XBMC into this box. I like the default app VMC. It is compact, simple. (like HDP). I do not have all day to watch movies or to experience the XBMC add-ons.

Let's make this box runs well, easy to use and simple as possible. VMC will be special applications, the typical personalize for box, you will not find in the other box. I think you should split the XBMC application and development of its separate. If people like it they installed XBMC as one the 3rd application.

P/s: that's my own thoughts, if something is not right, please ignore. Sorry for my english, it's pretty bad

Hey, saimon. Thanks for your support!
Now we are working hard to bring the real VMC back to our box, the next step, we will add the file management, then playback ui, then Media Library, one by one.
  • saimon likes this

#8 alexkuzko

alexkuzko

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:03 PM

Guys, remember that without VMC we cannot use the most important kiiler-feature of VidOn player - Blu-ray menu support! The XBMC BD menu support is a joke - it is the same as on AV200.

Would downgrade the Box soon to test how it works with VMC at least ;) Funny, but I have not yet seen how it operate!

Wolly, is it OK to downgrade back to SDK 1.1 from SDK 1.2 and then install VMC 010? Would not like to brick the Box too fast...

Second question: if "VMC and XBMC play core is the same" - does it mean Blu-ray 3D iso which crash XBMC would crash VMC as well?

(AV200 / SDK 3.1.3 / XBMC 1.1.0.2) + (Box / SDK 1.2/1.3 / XBMC 0.0.0.4/6) /  Updated: 02/03/2015

#9 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:26 AM

Wolly, is it OK to downgrade back to SDK 1.1 from SDK 1.2 and then install VMC 010? Would not like to brick the Box too fast...

VMC(Beta) 0.0.1.0 can only be installed on SDK 1.0, and we will release VMC 0.0.1.3 and VMC(Beta) 0.0.1.3 this week if all tests can be passed.

Second question: if "VMC and XBMC play core is the same" - does it mean Blu-ray 3D iso which crash XBMC would crash VMC as well?

Theoretically yes. But the actual situation is more complicated.

Guys, remember that without VMC we cannot use the most important kiiler-feature of VidOn player - Blu-ray menu support! The XBMC BD menu support is a joke - it is the same as on AV200.

Would downgrade the Box soon to test how it works with VMC at least ;) Funny, but I have not yet seen how it operate!

What do you mean "The XBMC BD menu support is a joke - it is the same as on AV200"? :yw: You can play BD iso in menu mode in VidOn XBMC.

#10 vodevil

vodevil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLisboa, Portugal

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:35 AM

The XBMC BD menu support is a joke - it is the same as on AV200.

What do you mean no Blu-ray menu support? I have watched the Hercules .iso and the blu ray menu works great.

#11 alexkuzko

alexkuzko

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:12 AM

I have hundreds movies to test/play with. Both, AV200 and Box, on latest SDK and VidonXBMC crash on most Blu-ray 3D iso files and on some Blu-ray 2D. Additionally, menu doesn't shown on many Blu-ray 2D movies at all.

I also own Dune HD Base 3.0 which perfectly show 99.5% of the movies I have. There are some issues with newer 2L releases, but probably because Dune Blu-ray playback firmware not updated for a while.

I expect VidOn players to match Dune HD capabilities ;) That's why I provide the feedback, reports and may even "attack" but it doesn't mean I hate VidOn products - no! I wish them to become better through the critics.

#12 alexkuzko

alexkuzko

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

I have VidOn Box. Latest SDK (1.2) and just updated VMC to 1.3... Well, the problem (?) is that I cannot locate it as standalone app at all!

Just a plain set of File Browser, Hulu, etc., even VidOn XBMC but not Media Center itself! So, how I'm supposed to launch Blu-ray with menu and NOT to use XBMC?

I have even uninstalled VidOn XVMC (has 1.1.0.2 version) and reinstalled VMC 1.3 - still no luck.

Am I doing something wrong or Vidon Media Center is just system library rather than Application?

It is OK to move the topic to other place ;)

#13 fba

fba

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA
  • VidOn XBMC:Old Version
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:Nexus 5, others
  • Android Pad:Galaxy Tab II, others

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:55 PM

I had the same confusion, but have pieced together that there are two "versions" of VMC.   The "light" version doesn't contain the front-end for cataloging and viewing discs, which is what 0.0.1.3 is.   While there is a "full featured" version that contains the front end, which doesn't appear to be available for SDK 1.2.

Again, I pieced this together by reading other posts on these forums, so I may be wrong, but all indications seem to support that it is correct.

- Video system : Sharp 80" 3D TV, Pioneer Elite VSX-70, Definitive Audio Speakers, 40+ TB (hardware RAID 5) Linux server for Blu-ray and DVD ISOs.

- Network : (2x) HP 3400cl switches, HP 1810-24G, Cisco ASA 5520 router/firewall, Aerohive wireless APs

#14 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:17 AM

I have VidOn Box. Latest SDK (1.2) and just updated VMC to 1.3... Well, the problem (?) is that I cannot locate it as standalone app at all!
Just a plain set of File Browser, Hulu, etc., even VidOn XBMC but not Media Center itself! So, how I'm supposed to launch Blu-ray with menu and NOT to use XBMC?

I have even uninstalled VidOn XVMC (has 1.1.0.2 version) and reinstalled VMC 1.3 - still no luck.

Hey, guys. I've explained this yesterday, hope you all read my post. :smile:

#15 Xbox94

Xbox94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:36 PM

The current version of full featured VMC can only be installed on SDK 1.0, so you have to downgrade your box to SDK 1.0 by pressing the reset button at the back of the box.

How to reset your box:
1. Cut the power
2. Press the reset button with a slim stick and hold on
3. Plug in the power until the light begins to flash then loose the reset button.

And we are working on the new verison(0014) of VMC which will take "File Management" and "Playback feature" back. It will come out very soon.

How soon will version 0014 will come out?
This is the main reason why purchase this product.

MODERATOR NOTE:
As you can see your topic has been moved and merged into this existing topic which is about the same subject... 

#16 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:58 AM

How soon will version 0014 will come out?
This is the main reason why purchase this product.

VMC 0014 is going to be released next week.

• hasse61 likes this

#17 gguy888

gguy888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:29 PM

I am new, after upgrading, I only have 2 pages, one is the apps screen and the other is the setting screen, where is the default VMC screen, thanks!

#18 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

Has this happened? If not, when?

#19 wemathis

wemathis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

It's been much longer than a week, what's going on?

#20 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:04 PM

Unfortunately some annoying bugs were found by the beta testers. Which delayed the proposed release...

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VidOn Media Center

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users