• 25 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Xiaomi Mi4
  • Android Pad:MiPad

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:17 AM

So, as we all know, the stock browser on the VidOn Box (like all Android devices) absolutely sucks. It's ugly, it's slow, and its super unintuitive. I just hate. So I installed FireFox for Android on mine and it works great now.

The catalyst for this change was the fact that when I would browse the interwebs on the stock browser using the stock VidOn remote, I would attempt to select a certain search result in Google, lets say, only to have the cursor thingy completely skip my intended selection. Using a mouse was no better either... It was getting to the point where I couldn't select a damn thing that I wanted and in was driving me nuts, so I downloaded the FireFox apk from apkforfun and now I am actually enjoying using the internet through VidOn.

The Plus side with using FireFox as well is that I can have all of my favorite add-ons that I have on my PC and use to protect my privacy.

Anyone else using FireFox? Perhaps Chrome or Dolphin Browser? 

#2 domusas

domusas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:13 PM

i am using dolphin, not bad, stock browser resets to home screen in some pages, and its slow

#3 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:21 AM

I used Dolphin for a while but I switched over to using FireFox on the box because I personally prefer Mozilla's products. I very rarely use the internet on the box though, just to go on TED or Harvard Bio Visions to watch cool science videos.

Has Dolphin been working for you successfully and have you been able to accomplish your internet goals?

#4 domusas

domusas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

yes its working, about week, i am using it to watch online movie streams in html5 from Russian movie websites, or just to open movie link to  external player (it opens vidon xbmc).

#5 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:50 AM

What file types are opening in VidOn XBMC through the internet browser, just html5, or other file types as well? Are you then able to download any the files you view through XBMC? I am very interested in the functionality of internet browsers on the box. 

#6 domusas

domusas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

just html5, no i think i can't download. If i watch flash in Dolphin it is crashing in middle of the movie

#7 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

Ok, this is quite interesting. I will report this to the developers.

Are you aware that you can use in browser tools to convert youtube, soku and youku videos to HTML5 for viewing and download? I am interested because we may be able to direct download youtube videos to the box, but only videos that would not infringe an existent copyright. 

I will look into this more next week. 

Thanks a lot domusas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users