• 25 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Xiaomi Mi4
  • Android Pad:MiPad

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:05 AM

Anyone ever try running either of these on your V Box? I assume I have other fellow lovers of free speech out there who want unrestricted access to information on their Android boxes, but I haven't tried it yet. I am aware I could set up a second dedicated router with an IP in a different country (I live in China so I have The Great Firewall to deal with) and use that with my V Box, but it seems very complicated and I am lazy...

I use a vpn on my pc, of course, and formerly I would use Tor2Web, but the two main Chinese telecommunications companies have spent a lot of time thwarting all attempts to access tor bridges, so until the Tor Project figures out how to circumvent these new security measures from the Chinese government, no deep web for me.  

I am going to try to run Orbot, and if all goes well, Orweb, today on my V Box, and hopefully I will post a follow up about buying a fake social security number in a dark market later today, haha!

I will also attempt to run OpenVPN for Android, Hotspot Shield, Tunnel Bear and a few others that I use on my other android devices. I am skeptical though, as I have a Chinese Android phone and have never successfully run any of these on my phone, but Tunnel Bear worked great on my Kindle Fire 1, but that was in Hong Kong, so we will see. 

Any advice would be great; any questions, too. I really want to start a conversation about this topic with my fellow VidOn Box users and hopefully hear some success stories. 

#2 Tar_Elentil

Tar_Elentil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Xiaomi Mi4
  • Android Pad:MiPad

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

So Orbot/Orweb worked! But I didn't play around with it for long after I had successfully established a connection to Tor, though I did get my connection, and I was able to access the .onion site Agora Marketplace. So now we know, we can get to the deep web through our VidOn Boxes. Now just to establish a successful VPN connection and I am all set.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users