• 25 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Xiaomi Mi4
  • Android Pad:MiPad

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:50 AM

So yesterday I booted up the good old VidOn Box because I thought it was about time to introduce it Pokemon. Like most nerds in my generation I have Nintendo emulators on every device I own, yet for some reason never thought to try it on the VidOn Box.

So my initial experience wasn't great; I downloaded multiple emulators, roms and the necessary BIOS files using the V Box's stock browser(which sucks incidentally) and attempted to run them from the browsers download folder, but was told that the V Box doesn't recognize the file... So I got pissed, quit for a few minutes and then went into to the download folder itself, tried to run the files, and received the same error message. So I cut out the middle men, went into the file browser, download folder, and was able to successfully run the files that way.

Unfortunately I didn't have access to my PC or hard drive or anything so I had to download crappy third rate emulators; those being John GBA Lite and MyBoy!. The emulators found the BIOS file all by themselves and MyBoy! even found the roms I had downloaded. Initially when I ran the roms I received an error message from the emulator itself, but a simple reset of the emulator fixed the problem and I was playing Pokemon on the big screen in no time (and simultaneously stopped being productive ever again).

Now, THE PROBLEM: I can't get the menu to work for the life of me in either emulator! So i can't state save, I can't fast forward, input cheats and do all of the other fun menu stuff. I will try again tonight after work, I have about 10 different GBA emulators on my hard drive and plan to test all of them. I'll also be testing NES, SNES, N64, Gameboy and NDS emulators this evening. Hopefully my next post will be me bragging about playing Ocarina of Time on the big screen through the VidOn Box! Oh, and I will also attempt to mirror the emulators on my phone and Kindle Fire 1.

Wish me luck, and let me know if you guys have had similar experiences or if you have any question, because I really want to use this bad boy as an emulation machine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users