• Devices:M8, FireTv
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • iPhone:5
  • iOS on iPhone:6.1.3
  • iPad:4
  • iOS on iPad:6.1.3

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:49 AM

I am new to android and I have a simple question. Hopefully this is the right area as it both hardware and software related. I see nothing after doing a search in here.

I have set the sleep time in settings on the new vidome box as it seemed self explanatory and it does indeed turn the box off fully after 30 minutes(i set that time in settings) either using the standby button on the remote or left switched on. This is great as it turns off the network adapter so that my server that looks at active IP addresses will shutdown, but stay active while the box is on. However I have a problem! It actually shut down in the middle of a movie and the longest setting on the settings page is 60 minutes? so I guess this is a true sleep mode like bedside clock radios have.

However I need it to work more intelligently. Does anyone know how to allow the box to stay awake whilst playing files or being used and then enable the sleep timer when idle or paused? Or be turned off that works as the shutdown does on the timer setting by the remote button? At present it switches to standby with the network still active until the sleep time has elapsed. Maybe an app?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, I tried Google but all I get is phone related items.

#2 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

However I have a problem! It actually shut down in the middle of a movie and the longest setting on the settings page is 60 minutes? so I guess this is a true sleep mode like bedside clock radios have.

Sounds like a bug, have reported it to our developers, and we will fix it in next version.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VidOn Box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users