Photo

Red thing on the top right of the screen

VidOn Box

Best Answer Wolly Xu , 25 October 2014 - 05:37 AM

Hi Willynanita.

I believe it is the "audio muted" sign.I have also had it,it goes away if i turn up the volume with the remote.

As the volume-up/down is placed on the side of the remote one can easily,get it muted by accident.

Regards Hasse

:vidon-good: That's right, hasse61. That's the audio muted sign. Press the volume-up key on the right side of the remote, it will disappear.

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4
  • iPhone:6
  • iOS on iPhone:9.3.2
  • iPad:3
  • iOS on iPad:9.3.2

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:11 AM

There is a red circle on the top right of the screen. I see it on every screen I navigate to, but not on settings, etc. This circle is even present when watching a movie.

What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Attached File  GGW6bsGEII4YezvjVl2nDhWoxg7Ye1xqGkctJy4p5LU.jpg   72.83KB   0 downloads

#2 hasse61

hasse61

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:28 AM

Hi Willynanita.

I believe it is the "audio muted" sign.I have also had it,it goes away if i turn up the volume with the remote.

As the volume-up/down is placed on the side of the remote one can easily,get it muted by accident.

Regards Hasse

#3 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:37 AM   Best Answer

Hi Willynanita.

Regards Hasse

:vidon-good: That's right, hasse61. That's the audio muted sign. Press the volume-up key on the right side of the remote, it will disappear.

#4 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:32 PM

I was just adding files to the media library, I don't think the remote has a mute button?
The receiver was turned off, because I didn't need to hear anything on the speakers.
Sorry.

Also, it didn't look like a mute icon, please, that should be changed to something more common, unless that's the icon for mute under Android, I don't really know.

#5 cBc

cBc

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

Since we are talking about the upper right corner of the screen, is there a way to switch the time to a 12 hour format? I can set it under Android options, but it doesn't take. I can't find any way to do this under VMC options.

I too am wondering what the M is for?

#6 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

...is there a way to switch the time to a 12 hour format? I can set it under Android options, but it doesn't take.

How strange... The 24 hour clock is working perfectly for me. After switching from the 12 hour format!

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#7 cBc

cBc

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

How strange... The 24 hour clock is working perfectly for me!

Yes, here too. My issue , I want to switch to a 12 hour format & cannot find a way to do so.

#8 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:17 PM

Yes I see what you mean now... The 12 hour clock can be set in the Android OS area. But the setting is not carried over into the VidOn GUI :cj:

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#9 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

I had the volume all the way down, once I turned the volume up, the red icon went away.
The only thing is I can't use this because of the audio sync problem.
I hope this is fixed soon.

#10 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:34 AM

Yes I see what you mean now... The 12 hour clock can be set in the Android OS area. But the setting is not carried over into the VidOn GUI :cj:

It's a bug...We will fix it asap :sweat: 

• cBc likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VidOn Box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users