• 25 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Xiaomi Mi4
  • Android Pad:MiPad

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:22 PM

Is anyone else having trouble with Miracast? I cannot get it to work for the life of me, nor can I get my VidOn Box to see the files in my Homegroup, so long story short, I have to have a portable drive plugged into my V Box at all times to watch movies/play games.

When I run Miracast, my PC and the VidOn Box see each other, but will not connect. And when I make my Homegroup in Windows available to my VidOn Box, the V Box only sees the files in the Homegroup and not the actual content...

It is driving me nuts! But all problems have solutions, so... do you guys have any solutions?

#2 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:41 PM

Which 'Hardware SDK' version, 'VidOn Media Center' version and 'VidOn XBMC' version do you have installed on your VidOn.me device?

Cheers

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#3 Tar_Elentil

Tar_Elentil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Xiaomi Mi4
  • Android Pad:MiPad

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

Hey SeeMoreDigital, 

First, thank you for your quick reply, I really do appreciate it.

Secondly, I will let you know tomorrow which hardware, media center and XBMC versions I have.

Thanks again

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Apps on Box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users