Photo

Q&A: Why no Google 'Play Store' on the VidOn Box?

Apps on Box

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 djfirestorm

djfirestorm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
  • VMC:Not Specified

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:13 AM

I give up on you guys. I have a defunct AV200, only works on Google Play to use some apps and games I have, video playback is just a nightmare. Then you kindly send me a VidOn Box, wow awesome, wait no Google Play for a reason you can not truly justify?

So you nerf it because some users are incapable of discerning CERTAIN and not all apk issues? What a useless box, I can not even put Plex on it (the best media server in existence) and better yet, now that I can not install apps that work on the AV200 just fine, you force us to ILLEGALLY acquire them from non legit sources with risk of viruses to top it off?

I want a full refund for false advertising. You blatantly said before we got them that it had Google Play and not a Google Play icon that does not work intentionally.

#2 James

James

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • iPhone:6 Plus
  • iOS on iPhone:8.1.1
  • iPad:mini 2
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.1

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:51 AM

Hi, djfirestorm

When install Google play on the old version of VidOn Media Center, some unknown issue will cause it become unstable and buggy,

But We have already solve that problem and Google Play will be available with next update, which will come out within 1 or 2 days.

Thanks you for your patience.

• funnyboy027 and cBc like this

#3 cBc

cBc

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:38 AM

Hi, djfirestorm

When install Google play on the old version of VidOn Media Center, some unknown issue will cause it become unstable and buggy,

But We have already solve that problem and Google Play will be available with next update, which will come out within 1 or 2 days.

Thanks you for your patience.

This is very good news, as I was a bit shocked to not be able to use it for this box.

• latn1229 likes this

#4 funnyboy027

funnyboy027

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh, Vietnam

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

I need the Google Play Service also, it's required when open Youtube app

#5 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:55 PM

cBc.

The 'duplicate post' you submitted within the 'Q&A: Why no 'Google Play' on the VidOn Box?' topic has been removed from the forum. Please do not submit duplicate posts or topics?

Many thanks

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#6 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4
  • iPhone:6
  • iOS on iPhone:9.3.2
  • iPad:3
  • iOS on iPad:9.3.2

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:37 PM

I can't install apps I've bought on the Play store because Play Store is not included in sdk 1.0. When will it be added?

#7 fba

fba

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • VidOn XBMC:Old Version
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:Nexus 5, others
  • Android Pad:Galaxy Tab II, others

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:00 AM

First, let me say that I don't (yet) have my VidOn box, so I may be missing something.   But, can't you download the latest version of VMC from the "Firmware and Downloads" portion of the forum?  (http://forum.vidon.m...tware-download/)

As for the play store, I believe it is included in the latest SDK, isn't it?   So installing apps should be quite simplified.   If it isn't, then installing apps on the VidOn box shouldn't be too hard.    The hardest part would probably be getting ahold of the .apk files you need to install.

- Video system : Sharp 80" 3D TV, Pioneer Elite VSX-70, Definitive Audio Speakers, 40+ TB (hardware RAID 5) Linux server for Blu-ray and DVD ISOs.

- Network : (2x) HP 3400cl switches, HP 1810-24G, Cisco ASA 5520 router/firewall, Aerohive wireless APs

#8 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • Devices:RT1186 Linux
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Medion AP4
  • Android Pad:Medion Lifetab

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:28 AM

Play Store is in latest SDK 1.2.

#9 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4
  • iPhone:6
  • iOS on iPhone:9.3.2
  • iPad:3
  • iOS on iPad:9.3.2

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:06 PM

First, let me say that I don't (yet) have my VidOn box, so I may be missing something. But, can't you download the latest version of VMC from the "Firmware and Downloads" portion of the forum? (http://forum.vidon.m...tware-download/)

As for the play store, I believe it is included in the latest SDK, isn't it? So installing apps should be quite simplified. If it isn't, then installing apps on the VidOn box shouldn't be too hard. The hardest part would probably be getting ahold of the .apk files you need to install.

The latest VMC can't be installed on the SDK (1.1 or 1.2), so, no VidOn Media Center there.

Yes, the Play Store is included on the latest SDK, see above.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Apps on Box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users