• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Chetwood

Chetwood

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in so please move it accordingly.
  • Italics tag in embedded SRT subs is displayed

I've just fired up VidOn XBMC and played an MKV with an embedded SRT sub. There's an italics tag in there

- Arastoo ist krank?- Potenziell. Er zeigt keine Symptome.
    that should be rendered like this:

- Arastoo ist krank?
    - Potenziell. Er zeigt keine Symptome.

but is rendered like this:

[l]- Arastoo ist krank?[/l]
    - Potenziell. Er zeigt keine Symptome.

• Forced flag ignored in MKVs

When you set XBMC to subtitle default off, it should still display subs that are flagged as forced. XBMC Gotham does this on the VidOn Box but not VidOn XBMC.

• Audio still slightly out of sync

I'm saying still because I've seen this on the AV200 as well: there's a slight delay between the lips and what's said. You can see this in the small clip I've uploaded to Sendspace. When the guy replies "seven", it's a little bit off while it's fine on my WDTV. Maybe some of you guys with AVRs could try how it looks for you.

#2 Hotzen

Hotzen

VidOn.me Staff

• Moderators
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCentral District, Hong Kong

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:58 AM

Thanks for your feedback, we will check these issue asap.

#3 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for your feedback! We are still working hard to optimize the software, and the new remote will come out very soon.

#4 Skyliner

Skyliner

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

Here now my first impressions only with regard to the hardware and current Media Center firmware and I must admit that the box does not make fun at all so far:

- poorly built remote without sufficient range and no real App alternative
- only crap noise with DTS HD MA & Dolby True HD HDMI-Passthrough via my Onkyo TX-NR616 or no sound at all
- missing CEC
- stutters with all the tested BDISOs and MKVs @1080 24p (even without autoframerate switching this must not be the case!)
- scraping results only in English and very limited; often incorrect
- no autorecognition of 3DISOs => they are played in 2D
- no Googley-Playstoreaccess
- unexpected freezing

Besides that I do not like the already known hardware issues:
- no USB 3.0
- only 2 x USB 2.0 and all Inputs at the back; not user-friendly for external storage
- no Gigabit-LAN

Sorry guys, but after the delay in release and late delivery to the testers I have expected far more than that.
  • Lone likes this

#5 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:26 AM

1. Have you updated VidOn Media Center to the latest version?

2. We have already said VidOn Box doesn't have USB 3 and Gigabit-LAN, you can use USB-HUB (with separate power supply) to connect external hard drives.

3. From the pictures we released before and the pictures on our website, you can see all the interfaces are at the back.

4. Have you tested the AC3 and DTS output?

5. And can you provide the model of your amplifier?

#6 No8

No8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHawke's Bay, New Zealand

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:51 AM

I have had this a Vidon box for approx. 2 weeks

I think the idea is great but the product does have some bugs as listed by others.

1) Audio Sync Delay.  I too are experiencing this issue.  It is very noticeable and does make watching annoying.  I to have no issue with WDTV playing the same file.

2) Remote.  While it is a good idea to have a simple remote, it is a but intermittent.  It must be aimed directly at the box.

I also agree with the back button being too close to the down arrow.  There is no play/pause button apart from the onscreen from centre button

3) The most frustrating issue is the unit keeps locking up when you press the on button.  This was like the AV200

Remove power and restart it unit and it works fine.  Press the off button and leave it over night and it wont start up correctly and is very sluggish.  To the point that you need to remove power again to restart it.  Then it comes right.  Based on my passed experience with the AV200, I don't believe you are going to resolve this.

4 The message keeps telling me to update to latest media version 0.10 (I think)  I do this and the next day it keeps asking me again.

Screen showed that I had 12463 reminder messages to view.  Al were the same asking me to upgrade to the save version I was already on.

#7 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM

Press the power button on the remote, the box will stand by. If you want power off it, please long press the power button.

#8 bdreams

bdreams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:59 AM

What version of vmc should be on the box and why can't I bind my boxes. I have two boxes same problem won't update saying I have the latest software

#9 briwatts73

briwatts73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

I just received my two players yesterday, after waiting about a month!!! To say I'm highly disappointed is an understatement.

I, and my kids were very excited to see them FINALLY arrive. Upon arriving I set one of the boxes up and loaded everything. At first it seemed to work fine. Than the troubles started. When trying to use the Vidon XBMC the box kept freezing for about a minute at a time than it would finally unfreeze and work. Very frustrating, than it started rebooting ever time I tried to access something to watch. Couldn't get it to stop rebooting. I decided to try the other box. The remote on that box won't work at , so I used the remote from the first box!! Finally getting it to work, I see the box is no better. It keeps freezing and I finally got it to work with a movie and the movie played very slow for the first minute than the box just froze. I waited for a couple of minutes than tried to restart with no luck.

I'm so disappointed in the BOXES!!! Can't believe I fell for the hype. Read reviews and it appeared this company was different than all these other ones that have unreliable boxes. Got up very early to order the boxes and was so excited to be getting them. I wish I never got them at this point.

Are you guys planning on fixing the problem or are you going to say too bad? I wish you guys would just have the regular XBMC installed on these, is there a way to do that? Would that fix the problem? AT this point is a combination of software and hardware. I just want a nice XBMC player, don't even care about the other stuff.

PLEASE HELP ME and all the others that seem to be having similar problems!

#10 Chetwood

Chetwood

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

I've added a new entry to my initial post concerning the forced flag sub being ignored.

#11 Sako

Sako

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:54 AM

Hello!

I am experiencing some issues i want to share:

1. Box is slow and proceses slower all the time.
  2. Video output problem. There is no default or automatic setting.
  3. When on XBMC box is slow.
  4. Remote is not usefull and the noise when typing is disturbing

Very sad for the moment and waiting any update. The marketing for this box was different and the box is performing different.

SDK 1.2,

VMC 0.0.1.6,

VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 

#12 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:47 PM

Hello!

I am experiencing some issues i want to share:

1. Box is slow and proceses slower all the time.
  2. Video output problem. There is no default or automatic setting.
  3. When on XBMC box is slow.
  4. Remote is not usefull and the noise when typing is disturbing

Very sad for the moment and waiting any update. The marketing for this box was different and the box is performing different.

1. Make sure you have updated to the latest SDK 1.1

2. Video output depends on the 'native' supported resolution of your TV. And how the video has been encoded. 

3. Please tell me the version of VMC? Is it the latest v0012?

4. You can apply a new designed remote for free.

• Guane likes this

#13 Sako

Sako

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

Hi Wolly Xu

I updated to latest versions, but box is still processing slowly and this anoying.
My tv supports 1080p full hd.
How can i apply for a free remote

SDK 1.2,

VMC 0.0.1.6,

VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 

#14 Cantwaittotryit

Cantwaittotryit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:37 AM

Hi I'm having a number of issues (even after updating to latest firmware):

HD Audio

• I still have no HD Audio passthrough (using Yamaha RX-V573 receiver). I have forwarded debug logs.

Stutter

• My DVD and Bluray (M2TS) movies stutter so much that that they are unwatchable. Reading other posts on this forum, it seems to be a common issue for PAL movies, I live in a PAL country - so it's a critical fix for me. 
  • After tweaking resolution on TV and XBMC (1080P 24Hz appears the best) but micro-stutter every few seconds is incredibly annoying (drives are connected via WD USB drive, so not a networking issue).

Why do my drives disappear?

• USB drives connected via Hub don't appear sometimes but reappear after I shutdown through VMC. Power off doesn't make them visible again, only shutdown. At other times, my portable hard drive (not connected via hub) will 'Mount' then I just see a black screen - no home screen or options.

Remote

• I agree with others the range is far too short and options are too limited.
  • Looking forward to a new remote or better still can you provide a serial number or model details for the new remote so I can load it onto my Logitech Harmony remote?

For me the stutter issue and lack of HD passthrough make this device unusable for the time being. I have sadly returned to my Dune HD for now. Please advise when fixes are available as I really do love the XBMC interface. Thanks.   

• hasse61 likes this

#15 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:48 AM

What's the format of your usb drive? VidOn Box supports NTFS, FAT32, FAT16, EXT2 and EXT3.

Hi Wolly, my USB drives are formatted NTFS.

Have you updated the SDK to the latest version? Our developers said this has been fixed already.

#16 Cantwaittotryit

Cantwaittotryit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:52 AM

Hi Wolly, my USB drives are formatted NTFS.

I have - VMC shows SDK 1.1.

Wolly, are you able to provide any kind of timeframe for the fix on stuttering issues?

#17 jstoddard

jstoddard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

I too am having a great deal of issues. Perhaps it is my lack of experience with Android and XBMC, but I have been using Dunes, Popcorn Hours, etc. for many years.

- XBMC cannot find NFS shares, either by browsing or by manual address. Browse works fine outside of XBMC

- Selecting 1080P/60 output from the main menu causes the box to lock up (and/or simply that the display is black). TV in question is a Panasonic GT30 and receiver is Denon 3311 (both 1080P compatible)

- when viewing videos shared over SMB from my NAS, there is extreme buffering, making thing completely unwatchable

- on the positive, IR control works just fine through my Harmony Smart remote (using AV200 codes)

Using SDK 1.1

Jeff

#18 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

Cantwaittotryit,

Once again... These issues are not related to the new SDK.

Everyone. If you require help with 'VidOn XBMC', please refer to the following: -
  • Before submitting your bug report, please check the forum to see if someone else has reported the same issue.
  • Do not lump different bug reports/issues together within a single topic, as it leads to off-topic posts and makes the bugs reports along with their solutions impossible to track.
  • If your bug is relating to VidOn XMBC or VidOn Media Center, please state the version number at the beginning of your topic title.
Cheers and topic closed.

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VidOn Box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users