• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 2.0.0.0
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:49 PM

According to your link, all Harmony devices should work on VidOn boxes.  Thanks for that link.  Hopefully one of the Harmony controllers will have greater sensitivity.  The VidOn default remote LOOKS good, but when it comes down to it, functionality is the key and it just doesn't have it.

#82 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:29 AM

Certain users do require a greater functionality from their remote and many on this forum have found Harmony to provide what they need. 

#83 Vulcan

Vulcan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAddison, Ontario, Canada
  • Devices:VidOn Box, Other
  • Devices:Apple TV2
  • VidOn XBMC:v 1.0.0.0

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:48 PM

A post from "AmigaWolf" suggested using the Logitech wireless game controller F710 and also provided a list of games compatible with the controller and the VidOn box. However, to date, I have not been able to get a single game to work. The games launch but the controller has no control of the game.

Is there a procedure to map the controller with the box ? The Logitech site says there are no downloads for driver installs for the VidOn box. Any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps "AmigaWolf" could offer some advice please :)

MODERATOR NOTE
As you can see your topic has been merged into this existing topic about the same/similar subject... 

#84 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:17 PM

Vulcan,

If you are referring to this post, it would appear that AmigaWolf was talking about the AV200, not the VidOn Box. Indeed, from what I remember he has never actually owned a VidOn.me product!

If you have found a different post, please submit the link?

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#85 Vulcan

Vulcan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:05 PM

You're absolutely correct ! Sorry, I thought the AV200 and the VidOn box were related.

So, just a question, which game controller would you recommend to play game apps ?

#86 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:12 AM

Hey Vulcan, 

Here in the office we use a cheap USB controller we bought on Tabao (the Chinese version of Amazon/Ebay) for about 40RMB (about 7USD). 

Most standard USB controllers will work no problem with the VidOn Box, be they wired or wireless, you just have to map the keys in the settings usually. To map the buttons, simply plug in the controller, open the game with your remote, navigate to settings, and somewhere in your game settings will be an option to map keys. I play a lot of old school emulators on my box at home and everything from the MAME emulator all the way up to the Drastic NDS emulator has really easy to find and use settings options for key mapping, as do most app games like Zenonia and all of those other goofy Japanese turn based RPG's (which I love).

Also, one of our super awesome Closed Testers (they are all super awesome!) called fba figured out how to get an XBOX controller working with the VidOn Box, but a lot of coding was involved, although I think he posted a how-to guide, let me see if I can find it for you.  

We had another user on here named lostinthecity who wrote some pretty cool posts about emulation, and he actually got us into it here at the office! You should check out some of his stuff as well, there may some good advice lurking in his old posts. 

By the way, what are you into playing? I have been playing some serious pokemon on my NDS emulator, Black at the moment. I have also been reliving childhood through Ocarina of Time with the super awesome muppen emulator, although I can't get pokemon snap to work for the life of me... I also recently beat The Legend of Zelda (the first video game I ever played!) and Link's Awakening (the first GameBoy game I ever played!). And then I have a running game of Animal Crossing Wild Worlds that I have been playing for about 20 months (because I am a super nerd...).

Let me know what you are into at the moment Vulcan. 

#87 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:55 AM

Some game controllers have "Android Mode", if you want to use it on an Android device, you need to switch it to Android Mode.

• Joe likes this

#88 Vulcan

Vulcan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the wonderful responses. They give me hope that I may be able to use this controller. I was trying to use the Logitech as mentioned above. Problem is once I launch a game it doesn't let me do anything. I'm not a serious gamer. I'm just one of those guys who like to try everything to see if it works. I haven't tried any emulators, I've just downloaded the games from the Google store. Is there a special method to get into a game's settings ?

Looking forward to your next response.

#89 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

Use a mouse before your game controller arrived.

#90 Vulcan

Vulcan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the tip about the mouse. That would get me started on a couple of games. A little inconvenient having to use both a mouse and controller. Unfortunately there are soooo many games that just don't work no matter how I adjust the settings ( some games don't even have the option ). Not important, just thought I'd give it a try. Maybe these issues will be addressed in the future.

#91 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for the tip about the mouse. That would get me started on a couple of games. A little inconvenient having to use both a mouse and controller. Unfortunately there are soooo many games that just don't work no matter how I adjust the settings ( some games don't even have the option ). Not important, just thought I'd give it a try. Maybe these issues will be addressed in the future.

Lots of Android games were designed for touch screen, some of them can be controlled by the controller, so....It's not a good idea to play those games on your TV.

#92 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:32 AM

I believe the problem is a lack of touchscreen on the television; so some of these games may never truly work for you.

In the meantime, try some emulators, they are so much fun!

#93 fool4city

fool4city

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:02 PM

Re: Logitech k400r wireless touch keyboard

Anyone know if I have to download a file to get the reciever thing to work Thanks.

#94 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:32 PM

Anyone know if I have to download a file to get the reciever thing to work Thanks.

As you can see your new topic has been merged into this existing topic about the same subject. Which probably contains the information you are looking for...

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#95 Khiabani

Khiabani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:39 AM

I have not been able to make a connection between the vidon.me remote app for iOS devices and my VidOn Box. The iPad and the box are on the same network. However, the app does not discover the box. I did try to input the IP address of the box into The remote app. However, I don't know what port is being used. Could somebody please help me make this connection. I truly appreciate any any input. Thank you in advance.

MODERATOR NOTE
As you can see your topic has been merged into this existing topic about the same/similar subject...  

#96 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:17 AM

Please don't use that particular remote app, we should have removed it from app store earlier.

#97 Khiabani

Khiabani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:40 PM

My set up is as such:
I have an audio visual server room where all my video equipment is located on server racks. The video sources such as the VidOn Box, blu-ray player, Roku, Apple TV ,etc are all in the same place. I have an HDMI matrix that distributes video signal throughout the house. Therefore I use IP address remote control apps to get access to these devices from anywhere in the house. I have no direct line of vision to the equipment and cannot use IR remotes. If I can't use your remote app then I can't use the device. I have 2 questions for you :

1. What iOS and android apps are compatible with the Vidon Box that use IP address for control?
2. I am using the Simple Control app to IP address control some of my devices. I need to know the port number that the Vidon Box uses for remote control in order to try to access it using the Simple Control app.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Network Set-up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users