• LocationHo Chi Minh, Vietnam
  • Devices:AV200
  • VidOn XBMC:v 1.1.0.2
  • iPad:mini 2
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.1
  • Android Phone:LG G2

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:41 AM

Thanks for your feedback

I prefer pc remote because I'm looking up a remote that it can use by one hand. I see in the picture, the pc remote has joystick, I'm imaging that I can move the cursor easily as IBM laptop joystick or PS3 controller joystick. You know, the touch pad of RII is too small, so it's hard to move the cursor from top left to bottom right with one dragging and we should use 2 hands to hand it. And because Vidon.me devices are lacking the bluetooth, if not, I'll buy the magic pad of apple and pair with the android device.

Impressive when user can control the channel or app on TV with multitouch

Android bluetooth HID and multitouch with Apple Magic ...

#42 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • Devices:RT1186 Linux
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Medion AP4
  • Android Pad:Medion Lifetab

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:15 PM

The blue button is a mouse movement button Up/Down/Left/Right not a joystick.

• nghiadhd likes this

#43 newdig60

newdig60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV100

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:36 AM

The Android Box basic controller is very poor but works on XBMC. However it is practically useless for the Android apps that I have tried to use it on. I purchased an RKM fly air mouse/keyboard and that works perfectly across the board. 

#44 uddinz

uddinz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:02 PM

Any chance we can get hex codes for the remote and or ip control for home automation systems like control4

#45 Guane

Guane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:06 AM

Hey, guys
The problem of that Logitech k400r wireless touch keyboard & logitech mini controller can not be used with VidOn Box has been solved, we will push the update (SDK 1.2) asap.

Hi Wolly! Yes, the new SDK 1.2 finally allowed me to use my Logitech k400r wireless keyboard & now i don't have to use Vidon's cheap remote. However, when i am searching for movies in XBMC, i could not type directly using the Logitech's keypad.... But have to use the on screen keypad, which is annoying. Hope u can improve the SDK to allow me to type using the keypad on the Logitech instead of using the onscreen keypad.

Things have improved slightly now, i am able to watch a movie in XBMC but at times its still experiencing some lagging. May not be as smooth as my other duo core box.....but there is still a lot of room for improvements here.

Thanx

#46 fba

fba

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA
  • VidOn XBMC:Old Version
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:Nexus 5, others
  • Android Pad:Galaxy Tab II, others

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:54 AM

You are likely to have problems with apps no matter what remote you use, unless it is something like the keyboard/mouse remote that GregiBoy mentions.  There was only one Android device (in the US) that had a keyboard and no touch screen, and that device wasn't widely used as the screen was tiny.  As a result, Android developers assume that you are using a touch screen when using their apps.   So, even though Android makes it pretty easy to write an app that can be controlled by keyboard presses, nobody spends the time to do it.   However, if Android TV takes off, that could easily change.

So, while I don't have my VidOn box yet (looks like I get it tomorrow), I would imagine that the simple remote that comes with the box would work okay for the purpose of playing back video.   But, if you want to use a lot of Android apps, you will want something fancier.   I have not used the Rii, but I have had some of the PCRemotes, and the nice thing about those is they present themselves to the OS as a standard keyboard and mouse.   So, it should work pretty well with just about anything.

- Video system : Sharp 80" 3D TV, Pioneer Elite VSX-70, Definitive Audio Speakers, 40+ TB (hardware RAID 5) Linux server for Blu-ray and DVD ISOs.

- Network : (2x) HP 3400cl switches, HP 1810-24G, Cisco ASA 5520 router/firewall, Aerohive wireless APs

#47 fba

fba

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA
  • VidOn XBMC:Old Version
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:Nexus 5, others
  • Android Pad:Galaxy Tab II, others

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:11 AM

Hex codes for what remote?   IIRC, there isn't a single set of hex codes that are used across all remotes.  (I could be wrong, but I have never seen any.)  Can your universal remote not learn codes?   I used the learning feature on my Harmony remote to copy the codes from the AV200's remote.  (I don't have my VidOn box yet.  I think it will be here tomorrow.)

As far as IP control goes, if the VidOn box is rooted like the AV200, it wouldn't be that hard to hack up an app that would listen for commands and stuff keyboard events in to the buffer.   You might be able to get a little fancier as well.   I think the hard part would be finding the spec that defines what the commands from the Control4 system look like.   (Though a friend of a friend works at Control4, so it might be possible.. ;)   Or, can the Control4 system be configured to connect to any old TCP socket and send user defined commands?  If that is the case, it would be fairly easy.   At that point, the hardest part would be with what kind of control you want to have.   For example, turning the box off would be easy enough to do.  But, to be able to turn it on you would need special hardware that listened to the network while the box was in standby and turned on when it saw a certain packet.   (Basically, Wake on LAN functionality.  Which I suspect the VidOn box has, but it may or may not be turned on.)

- Video system : Sharp 80" 3D TV, Pioneer Elite VSX-70, Definitive Audio Speakers, 40+ TB (hardware RAID 5) Linux server for Blu-ray and DVD ISOs.

- Network : (2x) HP 3400cl switches, HP 1810-24G, Cisco ASA 5520 router/firewall, Aerohive wireless APs

#48 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:47 AM

I use the RII almost exclusively as it is wireless, does not require any pointing and presents itself as a proper keyboard also and plenty of range.

• gbunter likes this

#49 gbunter

gbunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:04 AM

I use the RII almost exclusively as it is wireless, does not require any pointing and presents itself as a proper keyboard also and plenty of range.

Hi,

I just purchased a white version of this from Shoopingsquare http://www.shoppings...ws_OS_Mac_Linux

Did you have any trouble getting this to work with the new Vidon.me box and apps like Netflix where yo uneed to type in the user login box and there is no onscreen keyboard to click on?

Cheers!
Glenn

#50 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:27 AM

I don't use Netflix but I have had no trouble typing anything in to other apps.

Just plug it in and watch it work!!!   :tootha:

#51 Qefx

Qefx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNordrhein-Westfalen, Germany

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:48 AM

You can try the remote for Mele it is somewhere flying around on the web. 

#52 wemathis

wemathis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:44 PM

Why would you enable my Logitech K400r keyboard and not let type with it?
UPDATE: fixed my own problem. There are settings in both VidOn Box and XBMC to enable typing with remote, sorry!

#53 Guane

Guane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:06 AM

Got my 2 remotes finally. Thanx Vidon.

Btw, fyi - i downloaded the SPMC app from Google Playstore which is really an XBMC app & the movies and tv shows in there are much much more smoother to play compared to using VidOn's defaulted XBMC app pre-installed in the VidOn box. Try it. Works for me.

I am now finally enjoying watching movies and tv shows on VidOn box after having so much problems watching them on VodOn's Defaulted XBMC app.

Cheers!
  • Travieso likes this

#54 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4
  • iPhone:6
  • iOS on iPhone:9.3.2
  • iPad:3
  • iOS on iPad:9.3.2

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

Got my 2 remotes finally. Thanx Vidon.

Btw, fyi - i downloaded the SPMC app from Google Playstore which is really an XBMC app & the movies and tv shows in there are much much more smoother to play compared to using VidOn's defaulted XBMC app pre-installed in the VidOn box. Try it. Works for me.

I am now finally enjoying watching movies and tv shows on VidOn box after having so much problems watching them on VodOn's Defaulted XBMC app.

Cheers!

I tried the app you mentioned, I was so happy at first, but then when playing a movie, every two minutes or so, the video gets slow. I have to stop, start playing again for another two more minutes.

But that's not what we are discussing on this topic!

#55 d0gg

d0gg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:45 PM

Hey!

I am new to the forum and was interested in possibly picking up a VidOn Box. One thing I wanted to find out was about the remote features.

I have been running XBMC on a hacked Apple TV 1 for many years and I love the multiple buttons available when using a Logitech Harmony.

Some of the included controls are:

Select

Play

Stop

Pause

FF/REW

Track forward/Back

Jump forward and back 30 sec (controlled with directional cross)

The question I am looking to have answered is if I will be able to have the same button controls available using this version of XBMC.

#56 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:44 AM

Yes if you set up your Harmony properly.

I have set up a Harmony 1000i and a Harmony 200 and successfully use those keys.

It took a little working out but once done, all good.

#57 d0gg

d0gg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:55 AM

AWESOME! I ordered mine and it should be here today!

I am going to try my remote the way I have it set up, see if I have any luck. When I setup my harmony one, I just selected Apple TV for the device. It worked right from the start.

Any suggestions you can make to get it working, or do you think that will work?

Can you give instruction as to what settings to use with the Harmony? I was able to select the VidOn.me as a device in the Harmony app. It does work somewhat, but is missing a few things.

Pause
Stop
FF/REW
Chapter Forward and Back

#58 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:05 PM

Set it up as a VidOn.me AV200.

That then gives you all the buttons but you have to teach it the Power Toggle.

#59 Dazzlaa

Dazzlaa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

Further to this, could I jump in and ask if a bluetooth remote with mouse pointer could be paired to the box?

Regards

#60 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:29 PM

No.... Bluetooth Drivers would be needed.

You can use wireless ones though with a wireless dongle and I am doing just that successfully.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Network Set-up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users