• VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4
  • iPhone:6
  • iOS on iPhone:9.3.2
  • iPad:3
  • iOS on iPad:9.3.2

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:21 PM

Does the VidOn Box support the MINIX NEO A2 Wireless Air Mouse? That's the one I have.

#2 James

James

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • iPhone:6 Plus
  • iOS on iPhone:8.1.1
  • iPad:mini 2
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.1

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

VidOn Box support wireless air mouse, but we don't know whether this Minix mouse actually works on VidOn Box because we do not have one.

If the mouse  is not designed for specific hardware and can use on other android box, then it should work on VidOn Box as well.

#3 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4
  • iPhone:6
  • iOS on iPhone:9.3.2
  • iPad:3
  • iOS on iPad:9.3.2

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:40 AM

Thanks, I will wait and see.

#4 likethatbox

likethatbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationNiedersachsen, Germany

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

Got one.....works like a charm on my AV100. Since it Acts as a genuine Keyboard and Mouse in HID Mode, it should work on every Device that supports USB Mouse and Keyboard. You have to remap a few buttons though....esc and a few function Keys do not work not as intended right out of the Box
  • willynanita likes this

#5 GermanGigaDepp

GermanGigaDepp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

It would be nice if you would enable support for external keyboards (like the Logitech K400).
Typing long words or an IP is very annoying  :sb:
  • Skyliner likes this

#6 Guane

Guane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:51 PM

I got my box today in Malaysia. My feedback:

1. The remote is really crappy cheap plastic. Everytime i press a button, the entire remote releases a creaking sound like the whole remote is going to break into pieces.

2. So i tried using my Logitech K400R Wireless Keypad....after plugging in the K400R's wireless bluetooth thumb-drive into the USB port.....i could not use my Logitech to control the screen. What a major disappointment!!!

3. I reverted back using the remote control....and managed to log into Vidon. Next, had to again log in when i wanted to access into XBMC. Once in XBMC, chose a movie in Icefilm.....but less than 5minutes, the movie just paused. Tried pressing the buttons on the remote but nothing seemed to work. After another 3 minutes the entire XBMC just failed & the screen just switched back to Vidon's main page for no reason without me having to properly exit XBMC.

Major disappointment.

#7 misterjay

misterjay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

The Box is perfect looks good with the aluminium

Only the remote isnĀ“t good to many plastic processed cheap bad processed cheap the buttons are not directly enough

#8 Chetwood

Chetwood

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:33 PM

Agreed, the clicking sound of the remote every time you press a button is a no go.

#9 DrTrololo

DrTrololo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:10 AM

Remote is a disappointment, everything else works OK for now. 

I dumped the remote and using Logitech MK240 wireless keyboard and mouse set  as the alternative.

and anyone knows when will the new remote comes out?

#10 Xbmcdave

Xbmcdave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:18 AM

Remote is a disappointment, everything else works OK for now. 

I dumped the remote and using Logitech MK240 wireless keyboard and mouse set  as the alternative.

and anyone knows when will the new remote comes out?

How did you get the remote to work? I can't get my Logitech Mini Controller (USB) to work at all.

#11 DrTrololo

DrTrololo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:14 AM

How did you get the remote to work? I can't get my Logitech Mini Controller (USB) to work at all.

I just plunged the drive part into the USB port, and both mouse and keyboard works fine. I didn't do any additional setting.

Also tested a wired mouse via usb, and no problem.

#12 Guane

Guane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:57 AM

I cant even get my Logitech K400 to work....plugged in the drive into the USB port & still didnt work.....seriously...how did u get it up n working?..

#13 James

James

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:13 AM

I cant even get my Logitech K400 to work....plugged in the drive into the USB port & still didnt work.....seriously...how did u get it up n working?..

Hi, Guane

Is your K400 known to work with other Android media players?
I did some research on Logitech official forum. According to their tech support, It seems K400r was made to be used with Windows platform only.

See topic: Use of K400r with minipc android
http://forums.logite...id/td-p/1219894

#14 mawa85

mawa85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

I tried my MELE F10, the mouse cursor works, but i was not able to click in the Vidon GUI. In Browser, XBMC and other apps the F10 works as expected

#15 James

James

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:03 AM

I tried my MELE F10, the mouse cursor works, but i was not able to click in the Vidon GUI. In Browser, XBMC and other apps the F10 works as expected

Thanks for the feedback, i'll report this to the developer.

#16 Guane

Guane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

My Logitech K400 works fine with other Android boxes.... Gbox, MX5, MyGica. Just dont know why it wont work with both my VidOn boxes....

#17 Xbmcdave

Xbmcdave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

My Logitech K400 works fine with other Android boxes.... Gbox, MX5, MyGica. Just dont know why it wont work with both my VidOn boxes....

It's the same for me. I'm using a Logitech Mini Controller. Works perfect for all my other Android media boxes. I have several.

#18 Guane

Guane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:44 AM

Other Android boxes dont have all these problems & i can watch tv shows as well as movies on XBMC smoothly....but both my Vidon boxes wont allow me to watch movies or tv shows till the end because they often experience buffering issues and i cant even use my Logitech Bluetooth enabled wireless keypad..... Have to rely on the supplied remote control which is really annoying to use. Now i have 2 paperweights......

#19 cBc

cBc

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:33 PM

I finally received mine today, connected it up per the guide, first screen up was to select my language, which I did.

Well, what I mean is 'I TRIED' to but this remote won't OK anything, the front panel LED blinks when I am pushing the round middle button, but it doesn't do anything I can move around the languages, but cannot select one!! Tried standing right up next to it, nothing. This is the worst first experience with a new product I have ever had.

So now what? Wait for another month until you send me a replacement?

EDIT: Tried plugging in my old Lenovo N5901, and..it works with this box, although I still cannot select my language (English) so I still cannot use it. I'm able to scroll over & set the screen resolution. That's it. Nothing else.

Now it appears that selecting language is the only option that doesn't work, for whatever reason, I continued scrolling thru & am able to use the box, setting up the other functions.
Still, if the very first screen function isn't taking remote commands, end users will not be very happy about it.

#20 James

James

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:27 AM

Now it appears that selecting language is the only option that doesn't work, for whatever reason, I continued scrolling thru & am able to use the box, setting up the other functions.

Still, if the very first screen function isn't taking remote commands, end users will not be very happy about it.

This is a UI design problem. When your language is chosen, no sign to show the current language, only the upper left "Language" will be displayed with your chosen language.

We have already fixed this with the new update.

• cBc likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Network Set-up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users