ok was going to be middle of September, But with the new dates from

http://vidon.me/preorder_guide.htm

said  

Reservation Day:

From 08:00 Aug 20th, 2014 UTC/GMT to 08:00 Sep 22nd, 2014 UTC/GMT

so it maybe like end of September or the first week of October

then 7days + 7-15 days just to get it thats like Two months free trial

IF it's ready by the end of September with Luck  :gz:

Oh hows is the work on the New remote that you said was in the plan?

http://forum.vidon.m...age-3#entry6100

And After Dec 22nd 2014 we can extend membership subscription; What Price

will it be the $1.99x12=23.88 or 3.99x12=47.88 and Can we pay for lifetime on that day?

#162 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:45 AM

The new VidOn Remote will have the ability to control the whole VidOn Box, so we need time to redesign it.

After Dec 22nd, the price is likely still $1.99/mo. We will offer lifetime.

#163 mikky

mikky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:47 AM

So how about import taxes? Can you lower the ammount of $ from the receipt to make it tax free or we will need to pay import duty also?

#164 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:31 AM

So how about import taxes? Can you lower the ammount of $ from the receipt to make it tax free or we will need to pay import duty also?

It will display as 10€ on the receipt.

#165 mikky

mikky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:32 AM

I see you tax VAT on payment for EU orders. 12$ shipping+ 15$ VAT+ whatever import duty that wil be charged.

If you pay VAT on full price i cant see how you'll go around the import duties

For me is a no go, good luck to others buying it

#166 vodevil

vodevil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLisboa, Portugal

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

Well after my purchase of box the price wasn't exactly what was announced...

Attached File  img1.jpg   7.47KB   0 downloads

You can see in the image I've paid the box, transportation costs... and TAX.

My questions are:

1 - Since I'm from Europe, this means that if the package goes through customs I have pay taxes not from 61,99USD but from 76,25USD?

2 - Well since I'm buying the box from china, why I have to pay taxes to Spain? Which is the nearest country where I live (Portugal).

If you guys would include the membership in the bundle, as it was initially supposed to, the cost would be much more expensive, because of the TAX that was never mentioned by you.

#167 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

The Price ($49+$12.99) doesn't include the VAT. 

And the price we mark on the receipt will be around of 10€. We will try our best to avoid the high tax.

Why it is Spain not your country Portugal, we need to ask Avangate, which is the third-party payment platform that we cooperate for business.

#168 vodevil

vodevil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

Thanks wolly for the quick response, but I never thought the tax would be applied in this purchase :(

#169 Skyliner

Skyliner

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:34 PM   Best Answer

Hi vodevil,

I think that Vidon.me/Avangate decided to handle the import taxation for you which means they are paying the suitable import tax for you (Portugal has 23% as far as I am informed)  = 14.26 USD which you are refunding them in advance.

Otherwise you may run the risk that the customs of your country will hold back the delivery as long as you have not paid the import tax.

Duties is another topic and it depends up to which customs value the import is free in your country. The basis should always be the procduct price + transport costs to your country border - here 61.99 USD. The membership will not be a part of the delivery for customs value - so don't worry about that so far.

When you decide for payable subscription later on, normally your local VAT will be added to the fee.

#170 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

Thanks wolly for the quick response, but I never thought the tax would be applied in this purchase :(

$49 indeed is the zero profit price, so we can't cover the VAT for you.

Thanks for your understanding.

#171 vodevil

vodevil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hi vodevil,

I think that Vidon.me/Avangate decided to handle the import taxation for you which means they are paying the suitable import tax for you (Portugal has 23% as far as I am informed)  = 14.26 USD which you are refunding them in advance.

Otherwise you may run the risk that the customs of your country will hold back the delivery as long as you have not paid the import tax.

Duties is another topic and it depends up to which customs value the import is free in your country. The basis should always be the procduct price + transport costs to your country border - here 61.99 USD. The membership will not be a part of the delivery for customs value - so don't worry about that so far.

When you decide for payable subscription later on, normally your local VAT will be added to the fee.

Thanks for the explanation skyliner. So now I don't have to worry about my customs.

$49 indeed is the zero profit price, so we can't cover the VAT for you.

Thanks for your understanding.

I never wanted that either :) business is business I know :) Thanks

• James likes this

#172 Gerrymiles

Gerrymiles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

I have the old AV200 box and very happy with it, except for for audio clips and fizzes in places, video perfect, when playing 7.1 master movies from a usb hard drive, ISO Files. I have scanned the forum for reasons I would enter a yearly contract but as yet have not been convinced that the hardware is better, although the box looks nice. I did not get an answer to the above  problem, will I get one with this new contract?

Sorry to be negative but I would like the new box if it seems better.

Gerry

#173 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

I have the old AV200 box and very happy with it, except for for audio clips and fizzes in places, video perfect, when playing 7.1 master movies from a usb hard drive, ISO Files. I have scanned the forum for reasons...

Hmmm....

You may have got some help if you had bothered to answer my question in your previous topic.... But you didn't!

And please remember to keep your posts 'on topic'. This topic is not the place to discuss your issues!

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users