• This topic is locked This topic is locked
172 replies to this topic

#141 apazrjon

apazrjon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

How are you using PVR/Live TV functions in XBMC? What is your live TV backend Server?

I am currently using spmc "gotham" on my amazon fire tv for PVR/Live Tv.   I have a Kworld usb tuner connected to a windows 7 desktop using windows media center as the backend software.   I use the windows media center PVR on this SPMC "gotham" which utilizes serverwmc on the desktop backend.  All hooked up thru wired ethernet thru out the network.  I am only using over the air signal ATSC as I have completely cut the chord with cable or satelite.

I can not get my KWORLD usb tuner to work with my ubuntu at the moment.  I know there are PVR addons in frodo, but not the windows media center PVR.  I wish I could get the usb tuner working in an linux enviroment.  Then I could use a frodo based vidon.me xbmc with no issues and a different pvr front end.  I could use mythtv or tvheadend to name a few linux PVR backends.  But, alas I have had no luck with getting the usb tuner to work.

#142 Skyliner

Skyliner

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:09 AM

So you are using a DVB-T Signal? In Germany, unfortunately, there's no T2 HD available.

#143 magnetic_storm2025

magnetic_storm2025

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

Wolly Xu

Where the reserves?

#144 odolino100

odolino100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

The reservation time will begin at 8:00 UTC/GMT on Aug. 20 and end at 8:00 UTC/GMT on Aug. 30. You are in Germany(timezone +2), then your time is 10:00.

The open buying day is Aug. 31, we set two times for you to buy the box, 8:00 and 17:00 UTC/GMT, so your time are 10:00 and 19:00.

Why we set two times, because we hope people all around the world all have a right time to buy the box, you can choose one or two time point according to your own actual situation.

Where is the box? 10:00 o'clock and i cant reserve. :(

#145 magnetic_storm2025

magnetic_storm2025

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

Where wolly xu the site not updated for reserves?

does anyone know how to contact

#146 odolino100

odolino100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

Now its online

#147 apazrjon

apazrjon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

So you are using a DVB-T Signal? In Germany, unfortunately, there's no T2 HD available.

no I am using the ATSC over the air channels in the US.   I just ordered up a HDHomerun HDHR3-us for my new tuner yesterday.  This works really well with Mythtv on a linux box, so I may have solved my issues just by getting better equipment.  I think I am going to jump in and order one of these boxes today!   Oh yeah!

#148 Skyliner

Skyliner

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

What kind of broadcasting is it? Satellite, cable, IPTV...?

• vodevil likes this

#149 Skyliner

Skyliner

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:10 AM

You are still listing BD menu navigation as part of the membership though it is possible to access via XBMC Gotham.

Please state clear what you mean by that. Thx.

#150 Chetwood

Chetwood

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:46 AM

I believe that it has no sense to discuss the membership price until first units sent to testers (huh!) and we confirm the improved functionality of the player.

I really do hope this box does not come with the AV200 bug of presenting itself with a different MAC address every time it's connected.

#151 thomash

thomash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Devices:AV200
  • VidOn XBMC:v 1.1.0.2
  • SDK:v 3.1.3
  • iPhone:6
  • iPad:3

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

For those of us who lives in a country where we shall pay taxes of things bought outside EU, how will we pay for the new VidOn Box?

There will be rather big difference between paying taxes of 49$ or 79$. Will it be possible to pay the 49$ +shipment, and afterwords the 30$ online to get the premium membership? Or maybe that it will only be the 49$ on the receipt when the box are shipped?

Hope you understand my question.

Best Regards

Thomas.

• hasse61 likes this

#152 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:55 AM

Don't worry about the tax, we will try our best to deal with this matter.

#153 magnetic_storm2025

magnetic_storm2025

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

Wolly Xu

I know your all are working really hard to get it ready,  but can you give us a generally time of buying

like days, weeks, month,  just wondering so i know a general time to be available time in us is in early morning

like 4 am.  just so i have a idea so i can get my sleep time.  Thanks

#154 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:41 AM

We will have two purchase time, they are 8:00 UTC/GMT and 17:00 UTC/GMT, you can choose the right time.

I think the purchase time may be in the middle of September, really a long time to wait...but for the good quality... :wq:

Before the open buying day, we will send an email to remind you, you won't miss it.

#155 Skyliner

Skyliner

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

Sorry, but this delay in dispatch will not help you to place yourself on the market since far better SoCs are in the wings, you are holding on this strange Login/membership and poor remote. Maybe you should rethink the whole thing.

#156 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

Sorry, but this delay in dispatch will not help you to place yourself on the market since far better SoCs are in the wings, you are holding on this strange Login/membership and poor remote. Maybe you should rethink the whole thing.

Thanks for your suggestion, but we are changing and challenging something, we aim to provide the best apps on Android Box, hope we could success.

#157 fabioqu78

fabioqu78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

I have some few question:

• If your company don't exist (as example on 2016), and a user set vidon.me as factory default, how he can login and use box if server don't exist more?
  • With xbmc and spdif used, if I watch a movie with DTS-hd or TrueHd audio, my receiver that are not DTS-hd or TrueHd capable, will receive sound 5.1 as dts or dolby digital?(with Hdi Dune work perfectly as mentioned before)

Sorry for bad english

Thanks

#158 James

James

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • iPhone:6 Plus
  • iOS on iPhone:8.1.1
  • iPad:mini 2
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.1

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:12 AM

I have some few question:

• If your company don't exist (as example on 2016), and a user set vidon.me as factory default, how he can login and use box if server don't exist more?
  • With xbmc and spdif used, if I watch a movie with DTS-hd or TrueHd audio, my receiver that are not DTS-hd or TrueHd capable, will receive sound 5.1 as dts or dolby digital?(with Hdi Dune work perfectly as mentioned before)
Sorry for bad english
Thanks

1. Personally I don't believe that could happen :P Even if, there should be a way to let you use the box normally.
2. Yes, you receiver will work even it does not support DTS-hd or TrueHD.

#159 Skyliner

Skyliner

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

Meaning that the Box Support passthrough as well as internal Audio Decoding?

#160 James

James

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • iPhone:6 Plus
  • iOS on iPhone:8.1.1
  • iPad:mini 2
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.1

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

Meaning that the Box Support passthrough as well as internal Audio Decoding?

Just to answer fabioqu's question, I think he's worried if his equipment do not support TrueHD, will it still be functional with VidOn Box. The answer is yes, still functional.

We were not revealing more secret features:)

• Wolly Xu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users