Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

so, Vidon box Pro do this mean maybe faster connections, ex.  usb, lan maybe new ac wireless, in a future release.

can a Membership can be used on other VidOn Box like if i buy two or more and maybe future box

plus when are you going to release the new remote for the Vidon box and can it be possible to pre-pay for Lifetime membership

There is no VidOn Box Pro, I just take this name as an example. But of course we won't stop at VidOn Box, we will develop new box in the future, but have no schedule yet. 

You can login two or three VidOn Boxes with your VidOn Account, there should be a upper limit.

New Remote is in the plan, but I have no idea when it will be released.

Lifetime will be provided after one year.

#42 magnetic_storm2025

magnetic_storm2025

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

Wolly Xu

sorry i have one more question,   do you remember a few week ago we talking about the box being

ability to use usb hubs i see on this page

http://www.vidon.me/...ecification.htm

at the bottom

External Storage Capacity  Up to 3TB hard drive/USB host

how is it going to be ability to use usb hubs with the limit.

#43 likethatbox

likethatbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationNiedersachsen, Germany

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

Open Source doesn't mean it's free, as long as we opened all the source.

We are the sponsor of XBMC.org, of course we will obey the rules.

Actually we are not selling VidOn XBMC, we provide service, some advanced features that other Android boxes can't provide.

After one year, the VidOn XBMC still can be used, only some features will be limited. You can stream videos, install plug-ins, play music or view your photos, there is no problem.

Thats the Point, if you really publish the WORKABLE Source.

But then, everybody else is allowed to compile it and offer it for free or an lower price.

Offering subtitles and framerate switching is not advanced.....it is a basic feature.

But  Time will tell.....

#44 vodevil

vodevil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLisboa, Portugal

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Wolly Xu
sorry i have one more question, do you remember a few week ago we talking about the box being
ability to use usb hubs i see on this page
http://www.vidon.me/...ecification.htm
at the bottom
External Storage Capacity Up to 3TB hard drive/USB host

how is it going to be ability to use usb hubs with the limit.

I think when you use a hub with, let's say, 4 usb ports, you can connect up to 4 hdd (up to 3TB each) plus one more in the remaining usb port in the box. Gives you a total of 5 hdd with 15TB storage available.

#45 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

But then, everybody else is allowed to compile it and offer it for free or an lower price.

Offering subtitles and framerate switching is not advanced.....it is a basic feature.

But Time will tell.....

I never said we will put subtitles and framerate into Membership feature list.
We will continue to develop more free features.

#46 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

I think when you use a hub with, let's say, 4 usb ports, you can connect up to 4 hdd (up to 3TB each) plus one more in the remaining usb port in the box. Gives you a total of 5 hdd with 15TB storage available.

Yes, we have tested with 2 usb hubs, 8 usb ports´╝î24TB in total.

#47 leafar

leafar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

wise approach for the price in the hardware and membership for the software that all that matters in android box. for me i am looking for another extra experience,like a portable,game console,media box in android platform or x86,maybe the new via chipset cpu.
i am allready owned two android box and two gamepad,last generation SOC,chinese and tegra 4.

#48 Kerem

Kerem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:33 AM

Yes, if after a year you don't want to renew the Membership, the box will run normally like other Android Box. You can still play BD.iso in Main Title mode, play 3D blu-ray, use VidOn XBMC, install any apps you like, ect.

You will still received the latest software and firmware update.

But if you decide not to renew that means our advanced features didn't catch your heart, that's our fault.

We are a software company, due to the hardware is zero profit, so we will try our best to develop the best software service on Android Box. You can experience the excellent app on Android just like on PC.

Remember, VidOn Box is different from any other Android Box Manufacturers, they only earn money from the hardware, they don't care the user experience, after they sold out the box, they even won't to update the software.

Hello Wolly, thank you for your reply.

Thus I  am full of hope to VidOn Box. 

#49 dioprem

dioprem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:55 AM

So I have a question. If I were to just purchase the box, without any membership, what features would be available to me? 

#50 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:02 AM

So I have a question. If I were to just purchase the box, without any membership, what features would be available to me? 

All features except the features in Membership page.

#51 panda

panda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:07 AM

But  Time will tell.....

Interesting....everybody else? So we can wait for your Box and buy it at a lower price, ah ha?

#52 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

But  Time will tell.....

XBMC is totally open source, but not everyone can compile it out.

#53 panda

panda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:14 AM

Well, to tell the truth, the way of charge indeed is a little strange. But it doesn't mean it is bad. I like this way, people pay for service, not just for the one-shot deal. If they want to make more money, they have to keep working on it, no? I think in this way we can get more. And even plus the fees of advanced service, the price is at least acceptable, I can just consider it as a Box of 73, and I can choose to buy or not to buy after one year. What's the problem?

#54 Alisa

Alisa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:23 AM

Well, to tell the truth, the way of charge indeed is a little strange. But it doesn't mean it is bad. I like this way, people pay for service, not just for the one-shot deal. If they want to make more money, they have to keep working on it, no? I think in this way we can get more. And even plus the fees of advanced service, the price is at least acceptable, I can just consider it as a Box of 73, and I can choose to buy or not to buy after one year. What's the problem?

I agree. It may bring out a revolution in marketing. But I hope their product can be as good as their marketing idea. I'll wait for the review.

#55 Janet

Janet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:23 AM

I think that $74 is very reasonable price.

#56 alexkuzko

alexkuzko

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • Devices:Dune HD Base 3.0
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:33 AM

First we all need to see how advanced VidOn Box would be...

Also what the Membership actually is? Is it binded to person or to the player? I personally may have tens of players (in fact I do have as many already and they are all mine) and how would one like me use his membership?

What kind of protection would be used? No one would be happy to connect to internet each time you attempt to play the movie (read the Xbox One story and how PS4 stopped to force internet need)! Some locations may not even have internet connection available on permanent basis.

(AV200 / SDK 3.1.3 / XBMC 1.1.0.2) + (Box / SDK 1.2/1.3 / XBMC 0.0.0.4/6) /  Updated: 02/03/2015

#57 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:01 AM

Let me explain it.

The first time you turn on the box, you have to login. It needs Internet, we will check your account to see if you have the right to use the advanced features.

After login, you can disconnect the Internet, the box will work forever if you keep the box away from Internet.

Once the box accesses to the Internet, we will check the account to see how many days left of your membership.

We don't track any users, don't upload any private information.

#58 mariposa

mariposa

• Resource Sharing Group
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:14 AM

I'm really confused. So which is price on earth? I don't think I would use a TV Box for more than 2 years. So I don't quite care about which is the hardware price and which is the software's. Should you tell me how much I need to pay to get the BOX? I'm just interested in the modified XBMC.

#59 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

I'm really confused. So which is price on earth? I don't think I would use a TV Box for more than 2 years. So I don't quite care about which is the hardware price and which is the software's. Should you tell me how much I need to pay to get the BOX? I'm just interested in the modified XBMC.

If you think you will replace it with a new box after 2 years, then the money you will pay is $72.88 (don't renew) or $96.76 (renew one year).

#60 Skyliner

Skyliner

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

So you mean only one Login is needed to set a counter in the box and then no constant Internet Connection is needed even when turning off the device and restart it later?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users