• This topic is locked This topic is locked
172 replies to this topic

#21 Kerem

Kerem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

Membership doesn't only include Blu-ray menu Navigation or 3D Blu-ray Playback, we will have more other features based on VidOn Media Center.

For example, we have Mobile Transfer, you can download the movie from your box to your mobile phone at a very fast speed, during this process, the box will transcode the movie to another format which is supported by your phone.

We will have a feature (maybe) called Camera upload, when you go home and your phone connected to the WIFI, the photo you took will be automatically uploaded to the specified location in the NAS or hard drive.

And we also will have a feature like personal private cloud, you can view the content stored in the NAS from anywhere via 3G, 4G or WiFi on your smartphone. You can stream video, music or view photos.

We will have more features.

If you joined VidOn Membership, you can enjoy all these features with only $1.99/mo.

Selling open source software doesn't violate the GPL, because we opened the source and we indeed did lots of work on it.

The Camera upload and private cloud feature sound interesting. If you can provide us some useful features which other boxes don't have, I am glad to purchase it with $79, after all it's still so cheap even adding the membership fee .

But if we don't use the membership features, does VidOn Box can work noamally? Does it have the features like other Android Box?

#22 Skyliner

Skyliner

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

@Kerem:
Please have a look at the main website referring to the membership datails.
Vidon.me is pimping normal XBMC/Player features against memebership payments.
Up to now it is not clear if a Login for XBMC is needed, which XBMC version can be installed, if autoframerate detection/switching is made possible by suitable API and if you had to be always online for memberchip check/functionalities.
Besides that the hardware itself is no burner anymore and just put into a nice robe; it is more a question of how efficient the software is using it.

#23 improdia

improdia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLarnaca, Cyprus

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

I want a box that lets me install and run the latest pure XBMC(Kodi) with the hardware acceleration features developed by the core XBMC(Kodi) developers.

For this I want a box that runs at least Android KitKat.

I do not want a modified XBMC.

I do not want extra features from vidon's modified XBMC - I can get extra features from plugins.

I am not interested in Bluray or 3D.

I want to be able to upgrade to the latest XBMC or Kodi as soon as it is available. I do not want to wait months for Vidon to update their XBMC.

The latest "pure" XBMC(Kodi) versions can run on Vidon hardware (including my AV200) perfectly and with hardware acceleration as long as the box runs Kitkat.

I wait with anticipation for the release of Kitkat on AV200 so I can run pure XBMC Gotham and Kodi with hardware acceleration .

#24 magnetic_storm2025

magnetic_storm2025

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

http://forum.vidon.m...-box/#entry6069

Wolly Xu

Posted Today, 04:47 AM

No, winners don't need to pay any money, because the Membership is lifetime version for them.

What the heck,  contest winners get lifetime Membership But the rest of get Screwed

Plus you said that later after first year fee goes to " will raise to $3.99/mo "  which is about $50 a year

ether end this Membership idea or give all members lifetime Membership option.

#25 Aliviado

Aliviado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

I want a box that lets me install and run the latest pure XBMC(Kodi) with the hardware acceleration features developed by the core XBMC(Kodi) developers.

For this I want a box that runs at least Android KitKat.

I do not want a modified XBMC.

I do not want extra features from vidon's modified XBMC - I can get extra features from plugins.

I am not interested in Bluray or 3D.

I want to be able to upgrade to the latest XBMC or Kodi as soon as it is available. I do not want to wait months for Vidon to update their XBMC.

The latest "pure" XBMC(Kodi) versions can run on Vidon hardware (including my AV200) perfectly and with hardware acceleration as long as the box runs Kitkat.

I wait with anticipation for the release of Kitkat on AV200 so I can run pure XBMC Gotham and Kodi with hardware acceleration .

I think you should go buy other Android box like G-Box, VidOn Box has its own value.

#26 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

http://forum.vidon.m...-box/#entry6069

Wolly Xu

Posted Today, 04:47 AM

No, winners don't need to pay any money, because the Membership is lifetime version for them.

What the heck,  contest winners get lifetime Membership But the rest of get Screwed

Plus you said that later after first year fee goes to " will raise to $3.99/mo "  which is about $50 a year

ether end this Membership idea or give all members lifetime Membership option.

The price may raise to $3.99 at any time if more advanced features are ready, but now it is $1.99/mo, and we will provide a lifetime option after a year.

#27 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

@Kerem:
Please have a look at the main website referring to the membership datails.
Vidon.me is pimping normal XBMC/Player features against memebership payments.
Up to now it is not clear if a Login for XBMC is needed, which XBMC version can be installed, if autoframerate detection/switching is made possible by suitable API and if you had to be always online for memberchip check/functionalities.
Besides that the hardware itself is no burner anymore and just put into a nice robe; it is more a question of how efficient the software is using it.

You need to login VidOn XBMC first, because we will check the status of your account, but your box does not have to be always online, we only check the account at the first time you login, and we don't upload any data from your box, don't worry.

Our hardware VidOn Box is zero profit, so we provide more valuable software services, I think no one would like to buy a box and there is no more any update in 6 months or 1 year or forever, but we will continue to update our software, to add more features, to fix bugs.

VidOn Box is more than a normal Android Box, it is not only a media player, not only a box with an XBMC built in, it is a super media center in your home. Playing movie is just a part of its functions, this little box has more potential.

#28 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

The Camera upload and private cloud feature sound interesting. If you can provide us some useful features which other boxes don't have, I am glad to purchase it with $79, after all it's still so cheap even adding the membership fee .

But if we don't use the membership features, does VidOn Box can work noamally? Does it have the features like other Android Box?

Yes, if after a year you don't want to renew the Membership, the box will run normally like other Android Box. You can still play BD.iso in Main Title mode, play 3D blu-ray, use VidOn XBMC, install any apps you like, ect.

You will still received the latest software and firmware update.

But if you decide not to renew that means our advanced features didn't catch your heart, that's our fault.

We are a software company, due to the hardware is zero profit, so we will try our best to develop the best software service on Android Box. You can experience the excellent app on Android just like on PC.

Remember, VidOn Box is different from any other Android Box Manufacturers, they only earn money from the hardware, they don't care the user experience, after they sold out the box, they even won't to update the software.

#29 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

I personally feel the price (hardware+software) is acceptable. I have used their software like vidon server and vidon player, which are efficient and keep always updated. So I think their software service can be trusted. But I will wait for reviews for sure, whether the hardware quality good or not.

Thank you for your trust! :smile: 

#30 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

To be honest the box iteself without this extra features is not worth more than 100 USD because some specs were cut in contrast to the AV200 and no new future-proof specs are added (HDMI 2.0, HVEC=H.265...). So this seems to be a compromise which will affront many potential customers - maybe the same who still suffer under the AV100/200 misery. I understand that good, reliable and long-lasting support has to be paid but please do your homework first to regain trust and then we can talk about additional features with costs. Thanks.

To be honest the price of the box itself without VidOn Membership is $49, its cost price is $49. I'm sure you won't find a such cheap Quad-core android box in the market, because there is not profit. :smile:

We hired a world's famous Industrial designer to design the case, the production line for the Aluminum case we are using is also the production line for Apple's Macbook Air. 

#31 Skyliner

Skyliner

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

It's only a question of time and this market segment is a battle as you may know :) At the moment you are right but I really miss some hardware features to make the box future-proof (HDMI 2.0, HEVC = H265, bigger RAM...). Nevertheless, when your support sticks to your promises it could work out.

A "super media center" sounds nice but to be honest it has to cover the main subjects first. That's my opinion.

So you have to login at every start of the box to match the Features?

#32 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

Nobody in the right mind is going share to a cloud blu-ray.iso's many reasons including laws

plus many program to free convert files on the net. the point is we do not like the idea of Membership fees for

just watch videos will be happy to paid for the unit in full price but many do not like the idea of fees and it sad

because The company does good work. i think you should reconsider Membership idea scrap it

total price of 300 - 500 USD is ok

You do not need to pay $300 or $500, the total price now is $72.88, after a year, we will roll out a Lifetime option. If you buy the lifetime, the total price will not more than $200, BUT you can enjoy all of the advanced features which is other android box can not provide.

#33 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

It's only a question of time and this market segment is a battle as you may know :) At the moment you are right but I really miss some hardware features to make the box future-proof (HDMI 2.0, HEVC = H265, bigger RAM...). Nevertheless, when your support sticks to your promises it could work out.

A "super media center" sounds nice but to be honest it has to cover the main subjects first. That's my opinion.

So you have to login at every start of the box to match the Features?

No, you just need to login when you first power on the box, if your account has been approved, you can disconnect the internet, forever...

And I have to say, the VidOn Account and VidOn Box are separate, that means if you login your account on another new VidOn Box (maybe VidOn Box Pro, I don't know), the membership is still valid.

#34 Aliviado

Aliviado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

If a VidOn Box can be used for three years(I believe there must have many better boxes after three year, by then I think I will buy a new box), and if the monthly fee will raise to $3.99/month after one year, so the yearly fee will be $47.88, 2years fee will be 95.76, plus the first $72.88, the total price will be $168.64. It seems still cheaper than AV200(its selling price was $239), and I can also use many paid features during the three years, it's acceptable, isn't it? If the lifetime price is like what Wolly said, total price won't more than $200, and Membership can be used on other VidOn Box, I think it's worth to give a try.

#35 likethatbox

likethatbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationNiedersachsen, Germany

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

What does "opened The Source" really mean?
Have you really published the complete and updated Source for an unreleased Device?
A Lot of People have spent a lot of their Lifetime into the whole XBMC Thing...did they charge anyone for it? NO!
I doubt that this rude politics may help your Reputation.

#36 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

Open Source doesn't mean it's free, as long as we opened all the source.

We are the sponsor of XBMC.org, of course we will obey the rules.

Actually we are not selling VidOn XBMC, we provide service, some advanced features that other Android boxes can't provide.

After one year, the VidOn XBMC still can be used, only some features will be limited. You can stream videos, install plug-ins, play music or view your photos, there is no problem.

#37 likethatbox

likethatbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

new future-proof specs are added (HDMI 2.0, HVEC=H.265...).

H265 capable Hardware stil does not exist in the Wild....

HDMI 2.0 is a only blackboxed Vaporware so far.

#38 magnetic_storm2025

magnetic_storm2025

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

No, you just need to login when you first power on the box, if your account has been approved, you can disconnect the internet, forever...

And I have to say, the VidOn Account and VidOn Box are separate, that means if you login your account on another new VidOn Box (maybe VidOn Box Pro, I don't know), the membership is still valid.

so, Vidon box Pro do this mean maybe faster connections, ex.  usb, lan maybe new ac wireless, in a future release.

can a Membership can be used on other VidOn Box like if i buy two or more and maybe future box

plus when are you going to release the new remote for the Vidon box and can it be possible to pre-pay for Lifetime membership

#39 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

We charge software service doesn't mean we must provide the best hardware. 

Like the mobile phone, when most of Android phones equipped with a Qaud-core CPU, iPhone still used its dual-core CPU, but iOS has the best user experience.

We will provide the best user experience base on the provided hardware.

#40 likethatbox

likethatbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

I personally feel the price (hardware+software) is acceptable. I have used their software like vidon server and vidon player, which are efficient and keep always updated. So I think their software service can be trusted. But I will wait for reviews for sure, whether the hardware quality good or not.

Thats not the Point..if the Price is right then announce it as a Whole.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users