• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Swalih

Swalih

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

1.Can I use VidOn Server for other video player apps in ios? Because windows samba is really slow and I like your server very much. It really loads things a lot quicker than samba. I have few questions. 2.Can Samba be made fast? 3.Is there any software like VidOn Server? 4.And is the address of the server(ip:port) ftp or something like that, so that I can add info into another player and use the server from there? 5.I like your video player too, could you please add these features in future releases if you can? 1.Subtitles are not present when playing items through the VidOn Server. 2.Audio Boost. 3.And the instructions on how to use the app show up every time I open a video and I think that it should be made available in help because seeing that every time kind of annoy me, but this isn't necessary, I just expressed my opinions. Hope you can help. Thank you.

• Dvalin21 likes this

#2 Dvalin21

Dvalin21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

I there a possible Linux version of the software coming soon?  Or even better, a NASOS version of this software,  that would be where money is :)   I currently us FreeNas on a small desktop computer, but I would love to the Server completely control the box, storage the works.  This would keep me from having to stream from the nas to my computerr to all other devices.

#3 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

Hi, porting VidOn Server onto NAS OS is a good idea, but I'm afraid the hardware configuration can not run Server very well, because its computing power is not powerful enough. 

And sorry we don't plan to develop a Linux version, we will make it into our VidOn Media Center which is based on Android OS.

#4 Dvalin21

Dvalin21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:32 AM

Well I guess I don't mean server hardware but like a regular computer but the is would be vidon server software. For instance, the computer I have freenas installed on is only a dual core amd , 4gb of ram and three tb of space. I purchased a 4gb card to put the OS on. I was thinking of trying to install the x86 version of android and use that for streaming

#5 Dvalin21

Dvalin21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

I REALLY REALLY Hope you guys create a NasOS version of the server app.  Like I said, it doesn't have to be too powerful.  Just enough to utilize the main hardware. HDD, Ram, Monitor, and CPU.

#6 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

OK, we will consider your suggestion, thank you! :smile: 

#7 Swalih

Swalih

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

1.Subtitles are not present when playing items through the VidOn Server.

2.Audio Boost.

Can you please consider this?

#8 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

1.Subtitles are not present when playing items through the VidOn Server.

2.Audio Boost.

Can you please consider this?

Of course! Thanks for your feedback.

#9 Swalih

Swalih

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

Thank you for considering it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VidOn Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic