• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 trix

trix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:38 AM

good morning, since the latest update from yesterday, most of the video files shared in my network have no sound?! Also video files directly stored and played from my device have the same problems? Ipad Mini latest iOS Is this issue known? Thank you in advance for your support trix

#2 Uppie

Uppie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:46 AM

Good morning,

same problem here. I suspect AC3 support has been removed from the app without any further anouncement or information. Not nice!

But there is a possibility you can roll-back to the previous version wich basically consists of the following steps (google for "roll back iPAD app to previous version" for more suggestions :smile: )

1. Check your PC if the old Apple IPA-file is still around (VidOn Player HD 2.1.4.IPA)

2. Put it in a safe place

3. Remove the upgraded app from your iPAD

4. Put the old IPA file back in iTunes

5. Sync your iPAD and you wil have a fully functioning version back.

@Vidon team: when will functionality be complete again??

Uppie

• duketing likes this

#3 trix

trix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

:smile: great, thank you - I hope I still have the old version ... I'll try this later this day!

@VidOn - Team: an update to solve this issue would be appreciated :shame:

#4 DJSABU

DJSABU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

hi!

its not a upgrade its a downgrade!!!!!

i have the same problem with the sound but i don´t have the version 2.1.4 as a backup!!!

where can i get the older version??

can someone please help me???

@VidOn - Team : can you help me with an older version????

#5 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

Hi, here is a solution      Solutions about AC3 no sound    

#6 duketing

duketing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

The only solution is reenable ac3 cause playing on a server not only forces me to turn on a computer 24/7 to use more electricity. I have a asustor nas and if you make an app for it in the nas... I will be more than happy to try it that way. The best feature was your ac3 option... Now I might as well go back to moliplayer who has better GUI eg name sort, screen does not dim when watching video like screen saver kicking in and so on.

#7 James

James

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • iPhone:6 Plus
  • iOS on iPhone:8.1.1
  • iPad:mini 2
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.1

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

The only solution is reenable ac3 cause playing on a server not only forces me to turn on a computer 24/7 to use more electricity. I have a asustor nas and if you make an app for it in the nas... I will be more than happy to try it that way. The best feature was your ac3 option... Now I might as well go back to moliplayer who has better GUI eg name sort, screen does not dim when watching video like screen saver kicking in and so on.

We will provide more stable and faster download via VidOn Server to solve the AC3 problem, as well as more improved GUI and less bugs. 

#8 duketing

duketing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

We will provide more stable and faster download via VidOn Server to solve the AC3 problem, as well as more improved GUI and less bugs.

Where should I start.... Screen saver kicks in. Name sorting screwed. GUI looks basic compared to moliplayer. Only put up with it cause ac3 was available. Who has the previous version file I could download please?

Should qualify that I haven't checked it the above is resolved in the latest version.

#9 trix

trix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

no, sorry - the only solution to solve this issue is to use the older version

@newbie: thanx for your hint - worked perfectly

#10 Aliviado

Aliviado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

Even the most paid apps can not play ac3, so how can you ask the free VidOn Play must have this feature?

It's hard to find out a free app which can play ac3, isn't it?

Maybe they just didn't have the license, so I will wait for the high-speed download feature.

#11 duketing

duketing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

Even the most paid apps can not play ac3, so how can you ask the free VidOn Play must have this feature?
It's hard to find out a free app which can play ac3, isn't it?
Maybe they just didn't have the license, so I will wait for the high-speed download feature.

Cause it was working before the latest update... It's something to do with apple cause no problem on android.

#12 DJSABU

DJSABU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

wright!it works before the update with ac3!!!

it´s no problem for me to pay for this feature!!!!

VidOn Player with ac3 sound for 4,99€!!!!???i will pay it!

before the update the VidOn Player was the best player for ipad!!!!!!

#13 Aliviado

Aliviado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

I guess maybe the Dolby license fee on iOS apps is too expensive, so as a free app they just can't  afford that. Because I also can't find out a reason why they disabled ac3 suddenly.

#14 Chetwood

Chetwood

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

AFAIK I know, VLC does not pay licenses either.

#15 SpookyL

SpookyL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

It must be the licence problem. Hope they can solve this soon. It was the best feature.

#16 Allison

Allison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:43 AM

I heard that the Dolby license fee is so expensive, so I think this free app surely can't afford it. 

But the transcoding play and download funciton is a good way to solve this problem if we don't use a nas. Right?

Hope vidon.me can improve the speed of transcoding download.

Thanks.

#17 duketing

duketing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

FYI... Search for kill ac3 in google and download the program that will check your videos for ac3 and convert it to non ac3 and no more problem which also mean I no longer need to use vid on for now.

#18 KKnded

KKnded

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

FYI... Search for kill ac3 in google and download the program that will check your videos for ac3 and convert it to non ac3 and no more problem which also mean I no longer need to use vid on for now.

I too use a video converter to solve ac3 problem, though i'm still using this player because vidon server is quite good. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VidOn Player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users