No replies to this topic

#1 Williamhawk

Williamhawk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:53 AM

Hi,

I am trying to allow access to remote desktop session host server from the internet without VPN which I believe is possible by configuring a RD Gateway. I need help configuring RD Gateway in the following Scenario:

I am using Windows Server 2012 R2 and have deployed remote desktop services as following:
I have RD Web Access configured on  VM1, RD Connection Broker and and RD License Server on VM2 and RD Session Host on VM3, I have sub-ordinate enterprise root CA configured on VM4.
I have a static internet IP address and to direct traffic from internet to the public address, I have created an A record on our public domain in the DNS settings as corp.publicdomain.co.uk. 
To summarize, currently VPN users use corp.ABC.co.uk  instead of public IP address to connect to the VPN Server. They will be using this to connect to RD gateway as well. So RD gateway clients will use corp.publicdomain.co.uk to access RD Gateway. My question is:
1-Clients from internet are not domain joined so can I use certificate issued by local CA (VM4) or do I have to purchase a certificate issued by public CA. In both cases does certificate need to be issued to corp.publicdomain.co.uk or to local server in RD deployment?
Any idea?

Please help.
Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users