• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia
  • Devices:AV100
  • VidOn XBMC:v 1.1.0.2
  • iPhone:4s
  • iPad:4

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:07 AM

I have been trying to setup my AV100 as a simple media player so I can play movies from a USB drive so I can play movies in our caravan.

I firstly found that the box had the error "Unfortunately, VidoOn.me Desktop HAS stopped" which is reported here - http://forum.vidon.m...esktop stopped.

Not a fix but this error can be stopped by turning of the networking function.

Now to my major problem, as the heading says, the box keeps changing the video settings every time I turn it on.

1. The initial screen shows "Vidon.me" as 720P on the HDMI output
  2. The Boot Splash showing "Vidon.me, Android Blu-Ray Box" on the AV output
  3. The box finally boots to the home screen using the AV output with the "Display output mode" set to "Customized (NTSC)"
  4. I then change the Display Settings to 720P (or any other setting) and the output switches to the HDMI output.

Shutting down the box and turning it back on again and once again it has defaulted to "Customized (NTSC)"

What this means is that I need to have both the AV and HDMI cables connected to my TV and I need to reconfigure the display after powering up the box  :laugh: .

Even when I do finally get to play a movie (saved in VOB format as a single file) I find that it does not fill the screen regardless of whether I use the home screen "Movie" button or the XBMC Videos player.

#2 Bob_Kat

Bob_Kat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:54 AM

Well, I just did an update to firmware version V1.1.3 and that made no difference with it still going back to NTSC and unable to use either network devices.

#3 Bob_Kat

Bob_Kat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

Well it seems I have spent a lot of time talking to myself but at least I have made some progress.

It seems that if you have the AV leads connected to a TV, it defaults to NTSC :kl: 

I don't know if upgrading the firmware has helped but at least I don't need to reset the display setting each time I turn on the box. 

Another problem that i have is that the movies do not fill the screen even though I have the display settings at Auto-select HDMI. Even trying various setting at 720 & 1080 it still only shows a reduced size picture. The TV is sating it is HDMI 1080P.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VidOn XBMC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users