• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 camrod7

camrod7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:01 AM

I have installed everything and connected with my VidOn Server 2. I can see the movie title, but when I try to watch a movie it just sits at "Loading....". After setup there was a screen telling me there is an update to VidOn Cloud but the download fails everytime. Also the DVDWatch Box shows 2 of every movie on my server.  I did download the latest image for DVDWatch Box but have no idea how to install it on the device. I downloaded VidOn player for my phone and it works great I just want my Tv working.

#2 camrod7

camrod7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:39 PM

Well, It's clear nobody at VidOn cares about the products they sell.  SSoooo, for those out there that are having problems with their boxes here is what i did.

First the network: My computer, which is the server where all my movies are stored, is connected via Ethernet to a modem/router with WiFi any router with WiFi should do. I downloaded Plex Media Server ( https://www.plex.tv/  ). set it up, and registered all FREE.

second my TV: I have a smart TV with WiFi and Ethernet.  I set up the internet connection with WiFi (Ethernet would not connect because of a subnet issue, if you can figure out the correct IP address you might be able to use Ethernet from the TV).

I then used the TV to browse the apps to Plex. Set it up, there is a code you have to enter on ( https://www.plex/link ) to register the TV with your account.

Now i am streaming with out an extra paper weight connected and using power( DVDWatchbox ).

I will keep the software to rip my movie collection seams faster than acrok video converter. Oh, nice tip if anyone wants to know. The movies that are ripped with the *.vidon file extension can be changed to *. mp4

Have a nice time and stream on,

CAMROD7

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DVDWatchBox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users