#1 ClintStreet

ClintStreet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:18 PM

The kodi wiki has the following steps:

http://kodi.wiki/vie...ion for Android

As of v14, Kodi supports a backdoor to specify the location of your settings folder, which includes the userdata folder and add-ons. It is the equivalent of using environment variables on other platforms

This is accomplished by creating a plain text file file at /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties (the root directory for the Android device) with the following line:

xbmc.data=<path to the Kodi data folder you wish to use>

1 How-to

1 Quit Kodi by using the quit option or shutdown menu from within Kodi.

2 In the root directory of the internal storage of your device, usually just mnt/sdcard (not mnt/sdcard/root) create a plain text file called: xbmc_env.properties

Note: You must use "xbmc" when noted above for the text and file name, even when using Kodi.

3 In xbmc_env.properties you need to tell Kodi where it's data will now be stored.

This will be done by creating a path statement like:

xbmc.data=/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/kodi_data

The path might start with /storage/ as shown above, but it might be different on various Android devices. You can find the correct path by using a file explorer, like "File Browser" or "Root Explorer" to determine the proper path.

For example:

A USB drive location might look like:

xbmc.data=/storage/external_storage/sda1/kodi_data/

4 Using a file manager program, such as "File Browser" or "Root Explorer", move or copy the .kodi directory from /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/.kodi to the new location you defined in Step 3.

For example:

Move or copy: /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/.kodi To: /storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/kodi_data/

2 New data location requirements

• The specified path must be a local Android file path and not a typical network path. i.e. no "smb://" or "nfs://". To use a network file path you would need to mount the network share as a local mount, which might require root access on some Android devices.

I have completed these step and even followed the new data requirements to no avail. Kodi is still using the internal sdcard. I bought a fast 32 GB sd card to fix buffering issues I was having. My xbmc_env.properties has the following:

xbmc.data=/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/Android/data/org.vidonme.xbmc/files

and my external storage has the path 

/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/Android/data/org.vidonme.xbmc/files/.xbmc

where .xbmc was copied from the internal path. When I play a video stream from icefilms the file000.cache appears in the internal sd card path and not on the external sdcard path. I have tried placing the xbmc_env.properties file in several different location to no avail. Nothing seems to work. 

My hardware is the G-Box Midnight StarStream X4 M8N unit. 

If anyone has any experience with getting this to work please help me out. Also I have tried path substitution as well and it did not work for the file000.cache file.

Thanks,

Clint

#2 ClintStreet

ClintStreet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:26 PM

Seriously No one has had success moving the data files of vidOnme.XBMC????

#3 vondes

vondes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

How to move the records files from call recorder in my phone?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Q&A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users