Photo
- - - - -

Why is it so hard to backup XBMC to USB?-no luck.What a waste of time!!!!

Ask for Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tonyvidon

tonyvidon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:16 AM

Hello 

ONCE AGAIN. what an incredible waste of someones time and frustration AGAIN i state of working out how to use this Vidon Box. I can not fathom why there are no user manuals whatsover and we are all left at the mercy of spending hours if not days working out how to do things by searching the internet. I was looking forward to this android box (my first ever) and its been nothing but system freezing, rebooting and googling till i find out to to customize, how to get addons, blah blah blah. Who sells things and doesnt give the consumer their right on how the item works? Real Shame.

Now all im trying to do is to protect my settings and save to USB. Ive tried usb 2.0 and 3.0 formated in fat32 or NTFS and using either SD USB wizard or Backup apps, NOTHING saves to the USB. IM no dummy as ive been in computers for 30 years, but this is just RIDICULOUS!!!! I see so many others that do do not have success and other say they have done it but not say how.

When i select where to save to, I select USB disk 0 where the usb is plugged in and always get log errors which I can not see any at all.

Im over it, I may as well just never update as ive spent the best part of 3 weeks trying to set up this box and I do not want to lose all the hard work ive done because there as a notication of an update a few days ago of which I didnt proceed.

So, I have both Backup and USB SD Wizard installed and yet in one youtube tutorial i see that you select External Storage, then Android and select external storage sub-folder. There is no such subfolder in my vidon system. All i can select in all the directories are what is obvious - either of the 3 USB ports which all come up udisc0 (no difference in ports either_ the ports shopuld be able to display what you have name you have formatted the disk to such as (kodi backup) or  (peters Movies) or (Jos music), etc etc but ALL come up udisc0.

can someone from Vidon PLEASE give a tuturial or troubleshooting on how to backup things and troubleshoot what problems you may incur and list how to rectify the problems.

Overall, this is the worst ever experience of any mod box of any kind I have ever dealt with. I have no problems in modification of Wi, Xbox, Nintendo DS, but this Vidon has been and still is a nightmare. Very close to just throwing this in the bin and stop my stress because im sick and tired to death of searching the internet for answers and in this problem, can not find answers.

#2 Chetwood

Chetwood

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:34 AM

What's driving me crazy is that I cannot set my AV200 to a resolution < 720p and of course the fact that this box has a new MAC (!) address every time it boots up. This should have been fixed on day one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ask for Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users