Photo

15.2.3: Tells the library to update and download information but it re-dates every video to 1905

VidOn XBMC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ashley

Ashley

• VidOn.me Staff
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

From a user:

he is using the latest version of Vidon XMBC, with the official versions they just crash.

the user tries to tell the library to update and download information however it has just set every video to being released in 1905.

No further information is downloaded.

He is using DLNA.

and everything is fully up to date.

the user has tried with 13.2 and now with 14.2.1.

when he tells the VidonXMBC to update the library it sets the release date on the file to 1905 and that is all.

he is using a DLNA server to share the files and Movian/Showtime shows it perfectly on several other devices, it just doesn't appear to work on this VidOn Box.

The user has also tried VidonXBMC_V15.2.3 but with same result. ---- The only information it adds is that the episode or film was release in 1905 which obviously is completely wrong.

Please help the user out, thanks.

BTW,

the user had to set the time on the box manually.

It automatically changes to China time if he tells it to set automatically.

#2 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:39 PM

Hi Ashley,

Out of interest, where is 'The User' obtaining VidOn XBMC version 15.2.3 from? As far as I'm aware the latest version is VidOn XBMC 15.2.2...

Cheers

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#3 usertest

usertest

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:11 AM

Wolly released that on march 10 then removed the post 2 days later after founding none of it works

#4 akirainblack

akirainblack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:15 PM

Further information.

The DLNA server is a Synology NAS.

Showtime on PS3 works perfectly and shows the information correctly.

I've tried the latest official Kodi which goes to load but crashes to desktop.

If I tell the box to use automatic time settings it changes to China, I have had to manually set it to GMT.

It doesn't matter if it's a film or an episode when you tell it to update the library a bar appears in the top right portion of the screen and then dissapears almost immediately.

I have just downloaded 15.2.2 and will install and try that.

I've cleared the application's cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the application.

#5 akirainblack

akirainblack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:03 AM

I've factory reset the device.

Now I can install and run the official Kodi however still can't seem to get either to add episode and film information.

Any help would be great.

I also can't get DS-Video to work as I am unable to get it to play files due to not being able to select play with the Vidon remote.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VidOn XBMC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users