• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 starlite

starlite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:03 PM

After upgrading to 15.2 I am having issues with audio. The old version had 2 extra setting for Dolby in the audio settings for pass through. Now with only DTS or AC-3 options the sound does not play properly. Sometimes I hear hissing or a clicking sound. I have HDMI to Pioneer receiver. No issues on version kodi 14. Also, subtitles do not display properly. When the display option is selected to play below the video, it plays at the bottom of the video within the video frame cutting into the picture. The size cannot be reduced below 16, goes to 74. Also, cannot set screenshot folder.

#2 UltraMagnus0001

UltraMagnus0001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:29 AM

I selected Passthrough HDMI and the other 2 DTS and Dolby sound showed up. I don't use HDMI but it still played regular DTS and Dolby through SPDIF. I'm still getting digital audio dropouts and sometimes a reverb robot sound until I temporarily pause it. 

#3 Jaffa_HU

Jaffa_HU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:25 PM

DTS and DD 5.1 audio dropout for me also in Vidon XBMC if played with passthrough. If I play the same file in any other video players, no issues.

System:

Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos with Android 5.1.1. Latest firmware and Android version.

Vidon XBMC 15.2

HDMI output

#4 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:08 AM

After upgrading to 15.2 I am having issues with audio. The old version had 2 extra setting for Dolby in the audio settings for pass through. Now with only DTS or AC-3 options the sound does not play properly. Sometimes I hear hissing or a clicking sound. I have HDMI to Pioneer receiver. No issues on version kodi 14. Also, subtitles do not display properly. When the display option is selected to play below the video, it plays at the bottom of the video within the video frame cutting into the picture. The size cannot be reduced below 16, goes to 74. Also, cannot set screenshot folder.

Please switch to “VIDONME:vidon, hdmi" in "Passthrough output device", you will see the extra two audio settings for DTS-HD and TrueHD.

#5 Junester

Junester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:13 PM

New to all this.  What do I have to do to watch live tv and sports on vega s95?  I assume there is something more to do than installing add-ons.   Any help would be appreciated.

#6 UltraMagnus0001

UltraMagnus0001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:40 AM

Vidon 15.2.2 keeps freezing on my box. I can go home to the launcher and everything else works fine. Kodi 15.2  runs without crashing, but obviously I can't use any pass through audio. So what's wrong? I tried a some stuff like turning blank sync off, lowering the network buffers, changing themes

#7 scoubi555

scoubi555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:22 PM

Hi,

first thanks for the all the good work . My (small) issue with 15.2 : once I download a subtitle with Opensubtitle Addon, it is not activated automatically : I have to stop the film ('x' key) and relaunch the movie to activate the subtitle. Not a big deal...but I felt necessary to switch back to 14.2.

Thanks

#8 paulyglocke

paulyglocke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:01 PM

New to all this.  What do I have to do to watch live tv and sports on vega s95?  I assume there is something more to do than installing add-ons.   Any help would be appreciated.

Hey mate, you just need the correct addons, Robocop Repo has live soccer, Phoenix also has soccer, SportsDevil is more of a catch all, lots of sports, but quality is not as good as the others.

#9 beny

beny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:27 PM

I have a Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta with stock firmware, and together with Vidon 15.2.2 there is still drop-out problems with DTS and Dolby Digital AC3. No problem with DTS HD or Dolby True HD. I tried both HDMI pass through and Toslink, no difference. If i use the pre installed movieplayer the sound is perfect, but with Vidon 15.2.2. or Kodi 16 Jarvis, there are drop-outs in DTS and Dolby Digital AC3.

I also tried a non-official 15.2.3 Vidon with the same result.

I have another box, Minix Z64 with Intel Z3735F (64 bit), and i use same movie, same amplifier, same network, everything exactly the same, and the Minix sounds perfect with KODI Jarvis 16, no drop-outs for DTS and Dolby Digital AC3, not at all, but unfortunately there is no support for Vidon for that box/chipset, and hence no support for DTS HD or Dolby True HD.

This is a well known problem in Tronsmart forum, and it seems to be a problem with the new Amlogic S905 and Vidon/XBMC/Kodi, and the drop-out problems did not get solved with the new version of Vidon, despite of the release change log.

Hopefully Amlogic, Tronsmart and Vidon can work together to solve this very annoying drop-outs!

#10 wdiz

wdiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:26 PM

Same here with Tronsmart S95 Meta.

I also tried Beta firmware /  beta Vidon with no success and Kodi 16!

Still have drop outs with DTS hdmi passthrough and a fex with Dolby Digital AC3

#11 Zapotech

Zapotech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Telos Vegas
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:16 PM

I have installed the last firmware today with OTA update and I have the same problem with DTS and AC3 STILL HAVE DROP OUT.
Kodi 15.2.2 on Telos Vegas.
The problem has not been resolved yet ......... How long did I wait for a good version !!!!!????

#12 wdiz

wdiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:54 PM

According to Tronsmart, you are supposed to release a new version to fix the DTS Dropout. When will you release it ??

#13 Ashley

Ashley

• VidOn.me Staff
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:20 AM

A user reports that:

I would like to inform you that I have a team Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos and use Vidon version 14.2.6 and this gives problems with AC3 and DTS sound. Trosnmart forum indicate that they are working with you to solve the problem. Tell them I have also tried Vidon version 15.2 and the problem persists.
However I inform you that I have a computer and using Tronsmart MXIII Plus
14.2.6 vidon this works perfectly without any sound problem is more using passtrough option and using the output device: Vidonme vidon hdmipcm, I get to enjoy DTS HD, DTS Master even Dolby Atmos.
So I inform you that your version of Vidon works well at least with the team Tronsmart MXIII Plus.
I hope this information is of interest, I also offer case they need to carry out tests on my computers remain at your disposal.

Sincerely
Henry

• tworule likes this

#14 Maverick0014

Maverick0014

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:21 PM

Hi all,

In Tronsmart S95 Telos continues the audio dropouts when passthrough is enabled in VidOn XBMC platform.

Any news about it?

Regards.

#15 grecner

grecner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:33 AM

Hello,

I am running version 15.2.5 on Tonsmart Vega S95, and the problem is that movies from Windows shared folders (over Samba smb://) do not play.

I can see the files, but when i try to play them, nothing happens.

The same files from the same Windows share play fine with KODI.

Anyone else has this problem ?

#16 Pauz

Pauz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:01 AM

Hi All,

I have good news! Since the SoC is the same in MINIX U1 as in our Vega S95, I tried to use the MINIX XBMC version.

It is working PERFECTLY! There is no sound drop playing DTS using passtrough option. For the time being, I can not find any bugs it is really perfect!

You can check it, download it from the following link:

http://www.minixforu...60604_alpha.apk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users