Photo

A power-cut crashed my VidOn Box. What do I do now?

Hardware

Best Answer Wolly Xu , 14 July 2015 - 05:05 AM

A power outage occurred while the VidOn Box was downloading an update. After powering back on, it was hanging on the intro screen. I did a hard reset and now it gets to the main menu screen and does not accept any commands. What would be the steps to ensure that everything returns to factory settings including any updates, firmware, etc?

You can update the box with an USB drive.

1. Download the SDK 1.4 into the USB drive.

2. Connect the USB drive to the box

3. Then watch the video below and follow it. (You can ignore the network settings)

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 keithkpm

keithkpm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:57 AM

A power outage occurred while the VidOn Box was downloading an update. After powering back on, it was hanging on the intro screen. I did a hard reset and now it gets to the main menu screen and does not accept any commands. What would be the steps to ensure that everything returns to factory settings including any updates, firmware, etc?

#2 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:05 AM   Best Answer

A power outage occurred while the VidOn Box was downloading an update. After powering back on, it was hanging on the intro screen. I did a hard reset and now it gets to the main menu screen and does not accept any commands. What would be the steps to ensure that everything returns to factory settings including any updates, firmware, etc?

You can update the box with an USB drive.

1. Download the SDK 1.4 into the USB drive.

2. Connect the USB drive to the box

3. Then watch the video below and follow it. (You can ignore the network settings)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hardware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users