• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 selmi86

selmi86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:46 PM

this version make my device freez  and am wondering if there is any plans for update soon pls

#62 rai

rai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

I finally found the magic upstart sequence on the MINIX X8H-pus to use DTS-HDMA and Dolby HD. It took a lot of testing, but I can now reproduce it so after a reboot of the box I'm still able to use HD sound. The VIDON that I'm using is the 1.4.2.1 version. So the 1 you get if you did start with the special version in this topic, but do the upgrade that it is telling every time you start VIDON.

As mentioned before, it only works with 24P. But, in my case, I had the MINIX default on 1080P-60. And even if I then switch the box to 24P, it was not working. The trick is to put the MINIX in 1080P-24, switch off the AUTO REFRESH switch and put the AUDIO output on HDMI. In VIDON itself, switch the 3D on for the DVD/Blue-ray and by audio 2.0 channel and all DTS and Dolby options on. the AC3 for the other formats can be off. Also check to see that the AMLOGIC is on for acceleration.

Now reboot the box. After the reboot, go to VIDON. Just play a movie. You will now have full speed video (normally it was almost frame by frame). But....... you will have NO audio. But having full speed video is telling that you are almost OK. Stop the movie, go to the ACCELARATION option in the settings by VIDEO. Switch off the AMLOGIC. Start you movie again. And in my case, I now have DTS-HDMA. Only problem is that the black level of the video is less then when AMLOGIC is on. In case the movie is 3D, then the AMLOGIC has to be switched on. otherwise you don't have picture at all. But with a 3D movie, also the DTS-HDMA is working and black level is OK.

if you now reboot the box, you first have to switch back on the AMLOGIC before the reboot. Otherwise, you have to reboot again.

Knowing now how to get it working, is it possible that somebody can explain why the AMLOGIC has to be switched off for not 3D movies?

#63 ski

ski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:58 PM

Update on my issue with stuttering every 10 seconds:

I think it works fine now. I thought I had the latest firmware on the xh8plus, (clicking the minix update icon said it was up to date), but I noticed online there was a newer firmware. I cleared the cache for the Minix Update app, and it found the newer firmware, and stuttering is gone.

Thanks

#64 maglione66

maglione66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:22 PM

In the new version and last 15.2.2, HD sound only work disabling Amlogic acceleration. Same old story for me  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

#65 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:04 AM

In the new version and last 15.2.2, HD sound only work disabling Amlogic acceleration. Same old story for me  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

Please keep your old version if you still want the HD audio. S812 doesn't support HD audio passthrough and 23.976Hz output at the same time.

#66 lyzanxia

lyzanxia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:14 AM

Please make an updated version of this special build. Would really appreciate it!

Cannot find how to turn off the update message at start.

• pepedigital likes this

#67 rai

rai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:11 PM

If you talk about the "old" version, do you mean that special build or the 1.4.2.1? Because after 10 reboots of the MINIX, it is sometime switching over so I can use the HDMA.

#68 fepunk

fepunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:23 PM

Hi,

Will be a version like this based on Isengard (15.x) ??

Thanks

#69 selmi86

selmi86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:01 PM

this versíon is crushing all time is any update coming soon?

pls respond

#70 Celso74

Celso74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:49 PM

I have edited this comment as it now sort of works see comment below.

But support remains slow to non existent

#71 Celso74

Celso74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:08 AM

I finally found the magic upstart sequence on the MINIX X8H-pus to use DTS-HDMA and Dolby HD. It took a lot of testing, but I can now reproduce it so after a reboot of the box I'm still able to use HD sound. The VIDON that I'm using is the 1.4.2.1 version. So the 1 you get if you did start with the special version in this topic, but do the upgrade that it is telling every time you start VIDON.

As mentioned before, it only works with 24P. But, in my case, I had the MINIX default on 1080P-60. And even if I then switch the box to 24P, it was not working. The trick is to put the MINIX in 1080P-24, switch off the AUTO REFRESH switch and put the AUDIO output on HDMI. In VIDON itself, switch the 3D on for the DVD/Blue-ray and by audio 2.0 channel and all DTS and Dolby options on. the AC3 for the other formats can be off. Also check to see that the AMLOGIC is on for acceleration.

Now reboot the box. After the reboot, go to VIDON. Just play a movie. You will now have full speed video (normally it was almost frame by frame). But....... you will have NO audio. But having full speed video is telling that you are almost OK. Stop the movie, go to the ACCELARATION option in the settings by VIDEO. Switch off the AMLOGIC. Start you movie again. And in my case, I now have DTS-HDMA. Only problem is that the black level of the video is less then when AMLOGIC is on. In case the movie is 3D, then the AMLOGIC has to be switched on. otherwise you don't have picture at all. But with a 3D movie, also the DTS-HDMA is working and black level is OK.

if you now reboot the box, you first have to switch back on the AMLOGIC before the reboot. Otherwise, you have to reboot again.

Knowing now how to get it working, is it possible that somebody can explain why the AMLOGIC has to be switched off for not 3D movies?

Based on hours of testing (had some free time yesterday) which is not really something i want to do when i pay for something, i got it to work based on the description above. I have seen DTS-HD, DTS, Dolby and Dolby Atmos, not sure about Dolby True HD as i could not find a file with it. I did read somewhere that people had problems with Pioneer receivers, I have a Pioneer LX-SC59 so sound throughput works

Only problem now is that, some 5/10 minutes into the movie, the high def audio movie (some of which are very large files 7 - 29 GB) will get stuck. Looks like it can't handle the bandwidth or its buffer settings are wrong. I am not sure.

For the record this runs over a gigabit connection (CAT6 Cables and Gigabit router) and was not a problem for other solutions. 

So one problem solved on to the next, how to keep the file playing for the entire length of the movie.....anyone else have this problem?

#72 naoryaacov

naoryaacov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:33 AM

Hi, can you please make an update for this version?

It works but there is a lot of bugs like freezing, slow motion picture and buffering issue when I try to play large movies (20gb-40gb).

Thanks a lot

#73 MBKEN

MBKEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:04 PM

I have a minix neo x8 plus with your special minix build from link in here. 3d iso and bluray menu. but it is so unstable. it is frustrating.there are also major problems with micro freezes and somthing with the hardware acceleration settings vidon kodi for minix makes it almost impossible to calibrating the image  black level as it should be. All that has been something we all had to live with until vidon.me become finish with the official update???? it has be to long, and now the minix neo x8 plus outdate. we have all purchased new equipment to use 4k and atoms,dts-x and auro 3d.

I have left minix behind!!!

Now we are so many who bought nvidia shield tv and everything works much better and faster. we just need 3D 4k iso  (HEVC) and bluray menu.

Entered the game and give all vidon users some to use vidon with. or perish

#74 EnzoUmberto

EnzoUmberto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:22 AM

Hi, i am member and would be happy, if soon a version 16.1 would appear! is provided in the near future? I hope so.

#75 EnzoUmberto

EnzoUmberto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:00 PM

Please deactivate the autoupdate for an new version!

#76 BOSS

BOSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:28 AM

Hi ! I have Minix Neo x8-h plus,optoma hd25 projector and instaled VidOn Xbmc .

with 2d movies and 3d sbs and bottom down it Works perfect but I have problem with 3d iso files. when i start 3d iso it starts and optoma goes to 1080 24hz 3d mode movie freez and have no picture. sound comes and go every 10- to 30 sec. I have try 3 VideOn xbmc ver. 14.2.1 , 15.2.3 ( Works in 2 d mode)  and 16.1.0

Can you help me to get work 3d iso movies ?

Thx !

#77 BOSS

BOSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:38 PM

I have managed, the problem was in minix firmware. Mine was from 2014 and now I have  X8H_PLUS_FW007A_20150925 and everything is fine and smoth.

3d iso Works perfect !!!!!

I write this because someone can also have the same problem !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Amlogic S812

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users