• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:35 AM

minix neo x8-h plus : 

2D play dts-hs,true-hd,atmos,,,, fantastic

But

3d Iso play = top bottom...T.T

subtitles 2D T.T

frame packing play....&   3D subtitles......?

1 years membership...^^

#42 chrisbooth

chrisbooth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:50 PM

minix neo x8-h plus : 

2D play dts-hs,true-hd,atmos,,,, fantastic

But

3d Iso play = top bottom...T.T

subtitles 2D T.T

frame packing play....&   3D subtitles......?

1 years membership...^^

can you tell us what firmware you are running?

#43 supertj

supertj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:38 AM

can you tell us what firmware you are running?

minix setting

firmware check...

auto download firmware...version.... 20150925..?

& i love vidon kodi.......

& i want zidoo x6 pro.... Vidon Kodi

My android player = minix neo x8-h plus & Zidoo X6 Pro (Ship Departure..T.T) & Vidon Box (Ship Departure...T.T)

i want Frame Packing 3D & Forced Subtitles...T.T

#44 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:46 AM

So, the Minix X8-h Plus run Vidon Xmbc, correct? Full Blu ray menu and Audio Hd (Dts Hd and Dolby True Hd) work?

The official VidOn XBMC you get from Minix X8-H Plus doesn't support HD audio, if you want HD audio passthrough work, maybe you can try this beta version.

#45 trigu75

trigu75

• *Beta Tester*
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationIsrael
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • iPhone:4
  • iPad:4

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:17 AM

This version does nothing to your membership

Another vidon company lie

I installed this it showed my license date change , but your membership page still showed my original date , and so the other devices

You said the membership is good for up to 5 devices

Then it got updated with the latest vidon version , license date came back to what it was

#46 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:47 AM

This version does nothing to your membership

Another vidon company lie

I installed this it showed my license date change , but your membership page still showed my original date , and so the other devices

You said the membership is good for up to 5 devices

Then it got updated with the latest vidon version , license date came back to what it was

1. The VidOn Membership will be extended to 2035 only on the Minix box your account logged in. That's not means the date on the website will change.

2. Don't update, because I have said this is a special version which makes the HD audio passthough works, but this is not the official version we provided to Minix.

3. You may have some problems on this version, you can leave your comment below, but we don't promise we will fix these bugs.

#47 supertj

supertj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:40 AM

http://vidon.me/vidon_xbmc.htm  ---> vidon kodi

minix x8-h plus 3d iso frame packing 3D & forced subtitles & hd audio....?

my projector 3D menu -> side by side, top and bottom

pc,bdp,open hour gecko -> frame packing 3D success

#48 zac

zac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:14 AM

Might be an idea to have a list of the receivers people have got this version to work with or not. If Wolly Xu could then edit the first post with the list might stop some questions and help people

#49 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:55 AM

Might be an idea to have a list of the receivers people have got this version to work with or not. If Wolly Xu could then edit the first post with the list might stop some questions and help people

If you think it's a compatibility issue then I also don't know which amp can do it, nobody knows until you have already tested.

Till now, we haven't heard any user said their S812 box have a compatibility issue.

#50 rai

rai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:22 PM

Wolly Xu. If you mean with S812 the MINIX X8H-plus, then I guess that you restart reading this thread from the top again. There are multiple calls of people that the DTS-HDMA and DOLBY HD are NOT working. All with the same result, frame by frame video and NO audio. No matter which version of VIDON we use.

• moba77 likes this

#51 ski

ski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:24 PM

2d Movies all seem to work fine for me with this version, but tv shows video stutters every 10 seconds,audio doesn't stutter. TV shows are 1080p wed-dl and 720p HDTV.

#52 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:22 AM

2d Movies all seem to work fine for me with this version, but tv shows video stutters every 10 seconds,audio doesn't stutter. TV shows are 1080p wed-dl and 720p HDTV.

Is it 10bit video? Can you provide more info about the tv shows?

#53 ski

ski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:05 AM

Is it 10bit video? Can you provide more info about the tv shows?

I can find more examples, but here is the mediainfo from one show with stuttering video, one show with no stutter. The only difference I see is the Stuttering video is not 1920x1080, it's 1916x1076. I don't know if that's the same for all cases, I'll try some more videos tomorrow.

Tv show with stuttering video every 10 seconds mediainfo: http://pastebin.com/mpuQF0Fh

TV show with No Stutter mediainfo: http://pastebin.com/AhfNaqTP

#54 rai

rai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:55 AM

WOW, I'm having finally DTS-HDMA en DOLBY HD sound. It took me months on testing, but yesterday it suddenly started to work. Not direct and still not sure why and if it is still working if I reboot the MINIX.

This week I've upgraded my 4K SONY TV with the latest firmware. If this is the reason? Don't know. Because my MINIX is direct connected to my SONY AV AMP. And from the AMP it is going to my TV.

THe strange thing was that instead of the frame by frame video like more people were reporting, it was just normal speed. But no sound. Then I tried to play San Andreas what is a 3D Dolby True HD movie. And that was suddenly giving sound. But all my 2D movies still no sound. Then I switched off the AMLOGIC hardware acceleration and NOW we have sound. If I switch the AMLOGIC back on, NO sound.

That AMLOGIC acceleration has caused me more headaches. Because if I like to play a 3D SBS movie in 2D, I also have to switch AMLOGIC off. Otherwise it doesn't like to ZOOM the picture to just 1 side off the movie. Only when I play 4K content, then I really need the AMLOGIC. Otherwise the box is to slow.

So maybe more people can try to switch off the AMLOGIC and see if you then finally get HD sound out of the MINIX X8H-plus. 

#55 ramonavella

ramonavella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:14 AM

Hi,

how would this special built be updated to the latest release of Vidon. Also i'm trying to apply for a trial license but its only for 4 days it would expire 31st Dec. No time to test it now becuase i'm limited with time. 

Regards,

#56 rai

rai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:55 AM

As reported 2 post above, it was working fine. But as expected, after I had to reboot the MINIX, it is gone again. So until now I didn't found the sequence why I managed to get it going.

#57 yorama

yorama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:27 PM

This version solved my DTS-MA problems in general, very grateful, but....

1 - Not all DTS-MA Blu-ray titles will play with DTS-MA, the audio stream options sometimes show "English - 5.1" but without the (DTS-MA) format and the resulting playback is in stereo (Pioneer vsx-830-k).

2 - Sometimes there are slight glitches (a single very short drop out on the left channel) during DTS-MA playback.

3 - Playing non DTS-MA files (DD, or DTS) shows occasional motion stutters in the picture, quite noticeable and annoying, this problem never existed with the official 14.2.1 (pro membership).

4 - The upgrade notification when entering the program is quite annoying.

5 - It is not possible to install your official version at the same time as this version is installed. I would gladly use one version for DTS-MA titles and the other for the rest of my viewing.

6 - Not having any upgrades in the future makes you feel that you are kind of stuck with what you have for a long time.

7 - I had problems with short pauses for buffering every few minutes during file playback, I think the problem was solved or it improved by changing the vidon buffering to buffer both internet and local, needs more testing. In any case this problem did not exist with the official version.

More info - all Blu-ray DTS-MA titles are playing from a local USB external drive, the rest (files) are streaming via wifi network.

A question, will your box overcome all these issues?

Thanks.

#58 moba77

moba77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:16 AM

i've bought a sony bdv-n7200w home theatre and i use with minix x8h plus . i've connected minix with HDMI cable to AR . i play DTS files without problems but no sound with ac3 . please help me !

#59 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:37 AM

More info - all Blu-ray DTS-MA titles are playing from a local USB external drive, the rest (files) are streaming via wifi network.

What's the size of your "rest files"? Wifi is not stable, maybe you should try the cable.

#60 yorama

yorama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:23 PM

What's the size of your "rest files"? Wifi is not stable, maybe you should try the cable.

Thanks for the reply and here is an update:

#1 - Apparently the titles that did not play are not DTS-MA, they are 24/96 5.1 PCM (i presume)

#2 - May have been a momentary thing, have not heard the glitches again.

#3 - I still see the stutters but not for all files played.

#4 - Still annoying.

#5 - I still would like to install the official version side by side with the special version.

#6 - Upgrades would be appreciated.

#7 - No buffering issues since the configuration change.

My files are typically 1 to 10 GB large (1 to 2 hours) and my wifi is quite stable, I watch sometimes via wifi 18 GB movies with DTS-MA and there are absolutely no glitches or stutters.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Amlogic S812

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users