Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:18 AM

@ Wolly Xu. I did buy a brand new 4K TV. With 24P in it. But what I tried to tell, is that on my old TV (no 24P) I had the DTS HDMA working with Firmware 006 in the MINIX. Worked for days. Even doing a reboot was no problem. The magic trick then was to swith on both AUTO DETECT Digtal audio and AUTO refresh swith.  Till I did the firmware upgrade to 006A. THen it still worked 1 time. Next reboot, it was gone and never worked again. Now on both 007 and 007A still not working. All settings the same as JJWVISSER. 

Hey rai, I think you should ask this question on Minix's forum if you think it's the problem of firmware 007A.

And Notice Again, the version I posted here is a beta version for test, if it has any problems, it's hard to be fixed, because we may have no time on it. 

#22 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:21 AM

Should I use 3d in Vidon settings or 3d side by side?

You should use 3D if the source is a BD 3D iso file.

#23 chrisbooth

chrisbooth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:47 AM

Hey there,

i'm having the jitter issue a few people are here. 

A small 300mb test file with DTS-HD MA audio jitters on the screen and no audio, about 2 or 3 frames a second. 

#24 Alexflibero

Alexflibero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

hi, i installed the trial for minix to have the HD Audio enabled and also i subscribe one month of Vidon XBMC but i'm concerned because i don't want to stay with a trial version without support and evolution so, when we'll have a version HD Audio enabled for minx neo X8-H PLus ?

Thanks

#25 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:45 AM

Hey there,

i'm having the jitter issue a few people are here. 

A small 300mb test file with DTS-HD MA audio jitters on the screen and no audio, about 2 or 3 frames a second. 

Please provide some info about your test video, have you updated the firmware to the latest version? 

#26 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:46 AM

hi, i installed the trial for minix to have the HD Audio enabled and also i subscribe one month of Vidon XBMC but i'm concerned because i don't want to stay with a trial version without support and evolution so, when we'll have a version HD Audio enabled for minx neo X8-H PLus ?

Thanks

Every Minix X8-H Plus user now can use all features of VidOn XBMC for free, you will see in the user center of VidOn XBMC, your membership is extended to 2035.

#27 chrisbooth

chrisbooth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:24 PM

Please provide some info about your test video, have you updated the firmware to the latest version? 

click the image from here

http://www.demo-worl..._sound_demo.jpg

and it's on 007a firmware

"The Download Server will be relocated to a new data centre datadock. This means in the time from 25/Nov/2015, 19:00h until 26/Nov/2015, 07:00h the Server is completely offline. This Site is still running as it uses an different Server, but no Downloads that time. Hope after that all is up and running fine."

#28 supertj

supertj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:36 AM

minix neo x8-h plus :

3d movie is too good not like lip version .
Subtitles brings out in 2D ..
By FP method for 3D movie playback
Is there any way you can ...?

#29 chrisbooth

chrisbooth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:40 PM

click the image from here

http://www.demo-worl..._sound_demo.jpg

and it's on 007a firmware

"The Download Server will be relocated to a new data centre datadock. This means in the time from 25/Nov/2015, 19:00h until 26/Nov/2015, 07:00h the Server is completely offline. This Site is still running as it uses an different Server, but no Downloads that time. Hope after that all is up and running fine."

The download link works now i anyone wants to test DTS-HD-MA 5.1

#30 rai

rai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:17 PM

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong, but I just upgraded to the newest version on my Minix X8H-plus. But now it is telling that I'm not entitled to use the pro features. In the special version it was indeed till 2035. So that line a few post earlier "Every Minix X8-H Plus user now can use all features of VidOn XBMC for free, you will see in the user center of VidOn XBMC, your membership is extended to 2035" is only for that special version? Because that version is not working with DTS HD-MA and I'm having just the same symptoms as the other users.

#31 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:49 AM

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong, but I just upgraded to the newest version on my Minix X8H-plus. But now it is telling that I'm not entitled to use the pro features. In the special version it was indeed till 2035. So that line a few post earlier "Every Minix X8-H Plus user now can use all features of VidOn XBMC for free, you will see in the user center of VidOn XBMC, your membership is extended to 2035" is only for that special version? Because that version is not working with DTS HD-MA and I'm having just the same symptoms as the other users.

No, not for that special version, as long as it's VidOn XBMC, you can use it for free on Minix X8-H Plus.

If you cannot use it, please try to login your VidOn.me Account again, or try to clean the data/cache of the VidOn XBMC.

#32 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:51 AM

The download link works now i anyone wants to test DTS-HD-MA 5.1

What's your device and which version of VidOn XBMC on your device? Is that the special version for Minix?

#33 rai

rai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:20 AM

Ok, I will try  to delete the cache. I already SWITCHED ACCOUNT and entered the same account again. I see the option for DTS-HDMA now, but if I try to open an 3D ISO file, I get the message that I have to logon. I'm logged on.

#34 chrisbooth

chrisbooth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:53 PM

What's your device and which version of VidOn XBMC on your device? Is that the special version for Minix?

Both the version in this thread and the latest version of vidon

and my device is the Minix NEO X8-H Plus with 007a firmware

#35 rai

rai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

No, not for that special version, as long as it's VidOn XBMC, you can use it for free on Minix X8-H Plus.

If you cannot use it, please try to login your VidOn.me Account again, or try to clean the data/cache of the VidOn XBMC.

Today, I first cleard the cache, but this didn't help. So removed the version and started again. First installed the version from the beginning of the thread. xbmcapp-hd-audio.apk on my Minix X8H-plus. Indeed, this one is telling that it is licensed till 2035. But, the DTS HDMA is not working. I used all settings from JJWVisser. 

Android Minix settings

Refresh rate switching off

No output to USB audio ON

Simultaneous HMDI/Analog OFF

AUTO DETECT to OFF

HDMI only.

Vidon XMBC Audio output settings

AUDIOTRACK:android, audiotrack

# of channels: 7.1

Optimized

Stereo upmix OFF

GUI sounds always on

Resample Medium

Passthrough output devide: VIDONME: vidon, hdmi

All dolby options checked

This version is telling that it is created Oct 15, 2015. Version 14.1.0

But DTS-HDMA is not working and video 3 frames per sec.

Because I get the upgrade message every time you start it, I did this upgrade. After the upgrade I end up with version 1.4.2.1 that is from Jul 10, 2015. And this version is telling that I'm NOT licensed anymore. Testing is not possible then for DTS-HDMA.

Is this the right way to upgrade? Or I'm I missing something?

I also found a 1.4.2.1 version in the MINIX forum. This one is licensed till 2035 and from Sep 2015. I would expect to find the right version on this forum or on the upgrade server. Not anywhere else.

#36 ski

ski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:18 AM

I didn't get membership extended, it says it expires 2016. I renewed the membership 11/23 to try this special version, it's working ok, but video stutters every ~10 or 15 seconds. It seems like the video is playing slightly faster than the audio and then the video stutters to let the audio sync. I don't know if it's worth the subpar video to have the better audio. Is there an eta on a new version for x8h-plus users?

#37 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:21 AM

I'm afraid tomorrow I should post something about the Minix box in our company.

I installed this beta version on the Minix X8-H Plus and connect it to our amp, everything worked good, no buffer, no stutter, HD audio also worked, and some of our Chinese users who also owned this device also said it worked very well.

So I will ask our developers again if Minix modified something on their firmware.

#38 racas78

racas78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:VidonBox
  • VidOn XBMC:v 1.0.0.0
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:15 PM

If you want use VidOn XBMC on more powerful Android Box, you can buy Minix X8-H Plus, we have a special version of VidOn XBMC for this box. On this box, VidOn users don't need to buy the membership, because once you login your VidOn Account on the box, your membership will be extended to 2035-1-1. And of course the special version supports all advanced features, including HD audio passthrough.

So, the Minix X8-h Plus run Vidon Xmbc, correct? Full Blu ray menu and Audio Hd (Dts Hd and Dolby True Hd) work?

#39 chrisbooth

chrisbooth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:52 PM

I'm afraid tomorrow I should post something about the Minix box in our company.

I installed this beta version on the Minix X8-H Plus and connect it to our amp, everything worked good, no buffer, no stutter, HD audio also worked, and some of our Chinese users who also owned this device also said it worked very well.

So I will ask our developers again if Minix modified something on their firmware.

Can i ask what firmware you're running on?

#40 rai

rai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:17 PM

Maybe it is better if you get in contact with MINIX, to ask them if there are different HARDWARE versions of the X8H-PLUS, because if you are also using the 007A version, then there must be something else that is causing why there are more persons in this thread that can't get DTS-HDMA working or get the box producing 3D video if the hardware acceleration is on. Or is it because of 2 way communication between the MINX and in my case a SONE STR-DN1060 AMP and a SONY 55X9005C 4K TV?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Amlogic S812

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users