• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:47 AM

Hey guys

I'm happy to tell you that we just released a new version of VidOn XBMC which is developed for Minix X8-H Plus.

Why we made a special version for this box? Because you know Minix x8-h plus supports 23.976Hz output, but this feature cannot live with HD audio passthrough, so people who use this box will lose the ability to passthrough HD audio.

In this version, we forced the output to 24Hz so that HD audio passthrough works again.

Here is the download link:

https://www.dropbox....-audio.apk?dl=0

Note:

This is not an official release, just a special version.

This version will change the 23.976Hz to 24Hz output.

This version doesn't have other bugs fixed.

If you have any problems about the HD audio passthrough on Minix x8-h plus, please leave your comment.

#2 Juliancrun

Juliancrun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:45 PM

Thanks.

:)

#3 rai

rai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:15 PM

Just found this PINNED link. Didn't look that high in the list. ;-)

I allready installed 3 weeks ago a VIDON version that was published in the MINIX forum. VidonXBMC_20150831 but that didn't make anything for the DTS-HDMA. I now tried to install the version from this topic. First problem was that I couldn't install, because of the newer version. So had to remove it first (including all my settings). Advantage: I started with a clean VIDON.

Only things I did:

Add my test user-id and password.

Changed the AUDIO settings to tell that my AMP is everything, but NOT the DOLBY TRANCODE.  

Added my NAS.

And tried to play some movies.

But, still not working. I also checked in the MINIX X8H-pus the box settings. Auto detect audio is on and AUTO REFRESH switch is on.

Only thing that is trying to kick in, is a Dolb ATMOS test. You here WHITE NOISE, but the lights on my AMP are trying to light up. Video is still in frame bt frame rate. With DTS HDMA (both 5.1 and 7.1) frame by frame and no sound at all. Only if I switch in a movie to the normal DTS track, then the speed is normal and DTS 5.1 is working. Back, to HDMA, slow speed and no sound.

Is there anything else I have to do with a cleam VIDON?

And, if I start this version, it is also telling that there is a newer version. I guess that is better to ignore for the HDMA test?

#4 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:39 AM

Yes, please don't update to the new version.

I don't know why your amp didn't work.

I have tried this version on Minix X8-H  Plus before I post it on the forum, EVERYTHING worked very well. And some of our Chinese users also said the HD audio passthrough worked on their own Minix X8-H Plus.

And we will release a new version in case the update info window pop up again and again.

#5 zac

zac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:58 PM

Hi, Just seen this post and tried the download. I'm also getting a prompt to update to kodi 14.2.1,presume I should ignore that. I can only get standard 5.1 DTS or DD to work, any films with a HD soundtrack is in silence. I have standard kodi also installed, is that going to cause problem. Using an Onkyo receiver for info.

Any ideas where going wrong?

Thanks in advance

#6 jjwvisser

jjwvisser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:45 PM

Hi,

This Vidon works perfectly on my Minix X8H-Plus in combination with a Sony STR-DH750 receiver  :smile:

The screen of my receiver says DTS-HD MA C 3/2.1 or DTS-HD MA C 3/4.1

On other vidon14.2 version I did get smooth playback but without sound.

I also have regular Kodi installed, so that should not cause a problem.

Minix Firmware: 007 (dated 20150831)

Vidon Kodi from above post, fresh install

Sony TV switches to 24p when playing.

Android Minix settings

Refresh rate switching off

No output to USB audio ON

Simultaneous HMDI/Analog OFF

AUTO DETECT to OFF

HDMI only.

Vidon XMBC Audio output settings

AUDIOTRACK:android, audiotrack

# of channels: 7.1

Optimized

Stereo upmix OFF

GUI sounds always on

Resample Medium

Passthrough output devide: VIDONME: vidon, hdmi

All dolby options checked

• Juliancrun and zimist like this

#7 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:00 AM

Hi, Just seen this post and tried the download. I'm also getting a prompt to update to kodi 14.2.1,presume I should ignore that. I can only get standard 5.1 DTS or DD to work, any films with a HD soundtrack is in silence. I have standard kodi also installed, is that going to cause problem. Using an Onkyo receiver for info.

Any ideas where going wrong?

Thanks in advance

What's the model of your Onkyo amp? I‘m not sure if Minix also has a compatibility issue with some amplifiers.

And what's the version of your firmware? The latest version should be v007A I think.

#8 zac

zac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:48 PM

I'm on the latest firmware which is 007a and the amp is an Onkyo TX SR608. I'll check my setting against what jjwvisser has when I get chance tomorrow

#9 tet024

tet024

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:06 PM

Hi,

I have a minix neo x8-h plus but i'm having issues with HD Audio Play Back.  When i'm playing an ISO bluray with Dolby TrueHD on the picture starts to slowly slowly display a frame by frame image and having no audio output what so ever apart from the occassion white noise. When I play the same iso but this time I play the audio in AC3 then everything works normal. My intention for using vidon is to be able to bitstream dolby atmos to my Onkyo AVR 636. Any ideas on the issue please?

Thanks,

Et

#10 zac

zac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

Still no joy. DD or DTS OK anything else just plays in silence

#11 tet024

tet024

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:50 PM

Hi,

The issue was the firmware of the Minix.. I upgraded to the latest version and now its working fine.  Question re vidon. Are you going to maintain a separate version for Minix x8-h-plus. I managing to play true hd audio with this firmware which is posted in this post. 

Regards,

Et

#12 akis73

akis73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:18 PM

Using this version with Minix H8 Plus and playing a 3d iso file, the picture now displays ok (on previous version there were hiccups and skips in the video).

Is there some way of displaying the 3d subtitles correctly when playing a 3d iso file with this version? I have set to 3d mode from the vidon xmbc options.

Thanks in advance,

#13 rai

rai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:55 PM

Like I already told before and what tet024 is telling, the picture is frame by frame. Looks like slowmotion. I'm having the latest Minix firmware. The 007A. I've tried the MINIX in differnet video settings. 1080p60, p50, P24, I50, I60, 720P60 and 4K. Every time I start a video with DTS HDMA the TV is switching to 1080P 24. That's what the info om the TV is telling. I also tested it with the AUTO REFRESH switch in position ON and OFF. Same for the AUDIO detect. As told before, with the first 006 firmware, my box suddenly switch over to HDMA but after a reboot it was finished again.  

@JJWVISSER, because you have it working, can you tell which magic switch I'm missing here? Are you in a different resolution? Is your TV perhaps not able to run 24P? Because when it was working by me, it was still on my old TV that didn't had 24P. Only 50P and 60P.

#14 jjwvisser

jjwvisser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:12 PM

@rai: My SonyTV switches to 24p when playing HD audio. I have updated my previous post with my settings.

One time this weekend I've lost HDaudio (no audio problem again for DTS-MA video), after streaming with a SD video add-on.

Fortunately after restarting the Vidon app the HD audio came back. I have not restarted my Minix yet.

The Vidon 14.2 version itself is not stable. Several app crashes 1-3 seconds after starting a video, mostly when starting streams. No crashes during longer playback, so no big issue here for me.

@Wolly Xu: It would be great to get an adjusted "Minix" version for future Vidon updates. Are there any plans for this?

#15 rai

rai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:55 PM

@JJWVISSER. Thanks for the update. I'm going to try the same. I already see 1 difference: Official X8-H PLUS 007A firmware (20150925) is on my box. Got it via OTA.

#16 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:07 AM

Using this version with Minix H8 Plus and playing a 3d iso file, the picture now displays ok (on previous version there were hiccups and skips in the video).

Is there some way of displaying the 3d subtitles correctly when playing a 3d iso file with this version? I have set to 3d mode from the vidon xmbc options.

Thanks in advance,

So you meant the subtitles displayed wrong? It's not 3D? Is it an external subtitle or internal subtitle? What's the file format of the subtitle?

If it's an external subtitle, it must be a 3D-subtitle, so it will display correct.

#17 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:20 AM

Like I already told before and what tet024 is telling, the picture is frame by frame. Looks like slowmotion. I'm having the latest Minix firmware. The 007A. I've tried the MINIX in differnet video settings. 1080p60, p50, P24, I50, I60, 720P60 and 4K. Every time I start a video with DTS HDMA the TV is switching to 1080P 24. That's what the info om the TV is telling. I also tested it with the AUTO REFRESH switch in position ON and OFF. Same for the AUDIO detect. As told before, with the first 006 firmware, my box suddenly switch over to HDMA but after a reboot it was finished again.  

@JJWVISSER, because you have it working, can you tell which magic switch I'm missing here? Are you in a different resolution? Is your TV perhaps not able to run 24P? Because when it was working by me, it was still on my old TV that didn't had 24P. Only 50P and 60P.

Hey, rai. If your TV doesn't support 24Hz output I'm afraid you need to buy a new TV, almost all Blu-ray movie is 24fps(23.976fps), and VidOn XBMC will automatically force the TV switch to 1080p24Hz when playing a Blu-ray movie, you don't need to do other settings.

I think it's an accident that 24p worked on your old TV.

#18 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:29 AM

@Wolly Xu: It would be great to get an adjusted "Minix" version for future Vidon updates. Are there any plans for this?

I think we will release another version for Minix X8-H Plus, so stay tuned.

Note: this is not the official version for Minix. In China, some Minix users hope we release a version that supports DTS-HD&TrueHD passthough on Minix X8-H Plus, so we released it and then I think you may also need it, so I post it on the forum.

It's actually a beta version, so keep in mind, it may won't receive the normal update.

#19 akis73

akis73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:17 PM

So you meant the subtitles displayed wrong? It's not 3D? Is it an external subtitle or internal subtitle? What's the file format of the subtitle?

If it's an external subtitle, it must be a 3D-subtitle, so it will display correct.

Hello, thanks for your answer.

I tried a 3d iso file, the subtitles were internal to the file, not external.

Using a standalone 3d bd player the subtitles display correctly. On the Minix i could see the subtitles displayed 2 times.

The same was true for the Kodi interface it was displayed 2 times.

Should I use 3d in Vidon settings or 3d side by side?

Thanks once more,

#20 rai

rai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:56 AM

@ Wolly Xu. I did buy a brand new 4K TV. With 24P in it. But what I tried to tell, is that on my old TV (no 24P) I had the DTS HDMA working with Firmware 006 in the MINIX. Worked for days. Even doing a reboot was no problem. The magic trick then was to swith on both AUTO DETECT Digtal audio and AUTO refresh swith.  Till I did the firmware upgrade to 006A. THen it still worked 1 time. Next reboot, it was gone and never worked again. Now on both 007 and 007A still not working. All settings the same as JJWVISSER. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Amlogic S812

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users