• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:Not Specified
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:50 AM

I recently purchased 2 VidOn boxes. I Installed Kodi 14.2 and they used to work great. I haven't used them for a while and now when i turn them on, both have nothing but black screens. When I first turn them on, I see 720p/60hz and which HDMI line I am running into my TV, then nothing, just black screen on them. I have tried the reset procedure with the paperclip on both but still nothing but black screen.

Anyone know what else I can try?

I have a black screen. And I installed an other launcher. I didn't use VMC

#2 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:24 AM

Please confirm which 'VidOn SDK' version, 'VidOn XBMC' version and 'Video Media Center' (VMC) version you currently have installed on your VidOn Box?
And when you find out the afore mentioned, please visit your 'Profile' -> 'My Settings' and add this information within your 'Devices & Software' area for future reference?

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#3 thaovjp89

thaovjp89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • VMC:Not Specified

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:16 AM

Please confirm which 'VidOn SDK' version, 'VidOn XBMC' version and 'Video Media Center' (VMC) version you currently have installed on your VidOn Box?
And when you find out the afore mentioned, please visit your 'Profile' -> 'My Settings' and add this information within your 'Devices & Software' area for future reference?

I use SDK 1.4 and VMC 0.9. After My Vidon box often error when it start, I used an other Launcher and didn't use VMC

#4 ericlojo

ericlojo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

Try to reset the box,
http://www.vidon.me/...ation/1185.html

I have reset multiple times and I get the same black screen result. I can not pull a menu down from anywhere using a mouse (although I can see the mouse arrow). Please help!

#5 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• VMC:v 0.0.1.9

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:19 AM

I have reset multiple times and I get the same black screen result. I can not pull a menu down from anywhere using a mouse (although I can see the mouse arrow). Please help!

You'd better to replace a new box.

#6 vital

vital

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:37 PM

nao tenho o Caixa mas me parece Que Só reinstalando hum fw SDK que resolvera ESSE Problema de tela preta
E Como se o Caixa Perdeu o Arranque do Sistema
clique aqui "http://www.vidon.me/...d/sdk/14/update .zip
"transfira parágrafo hum Cartão SD formatado em FAT 32, espete na caixa e com hum palito aperte reset e Ligar na Energia
aguarde uma reinstalação e seja feliz
simples assim
--------------------------------
I have not the case but it seems to me That just reinstalling hum fw SDK that resolved THAT black screen Problem
and How to Cash lost the System Startup
click here "http://www.vidon.me/...d/sdk/14/update .zip
"transfer paragraph hum SD card formatted in FAT 32, stick in the box and stick um press reset and Connecting Energy
wait a reinstall and be happy
simple

#7 frevueltas

frevueltas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box, Other
  • Devices:Tronsmart Prometheus
  • VidOn XBMC:v 14.2.0
  • iPhone:4
  • iOS on iPhone:7.1.2
  • Android Phone:Samsung S4

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:31 PM

Hi,

I have a similar problem, I try to reset to factory defaults several times, but with no luck. What is interesting is that the problem seems to be with the launcher, because I see like is trying to launch (I can see changes of the black background like when a window open but all black) if I press the button of power to turn off the vidon box; the message saying that is turning off appear without a problema and the box shutdown. 

So the vidon box is working starting up but the launcher is not working.  There is something that I can do to fix this?

I check and the Vidon box do not have SD slot to try this:

I have not the case but it seems to me That just reinstalling hum fw SDK that resolved THAT black screen Problem 
and How to Cash lost the System Startup 
click here "http://www.vidon.me/...d/sdk/14/update .zip
"transfer paragraph hum SD card formatted in FAT 32, stick in the box and stick um press reset and Connecting Energy 
wait a reinstall and be happy 
simple 

#8 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:49 AM

Hi,

I have a similar problem, I try to reset to factory defaults several times, but with no luck. What is interesting is that the problem seems to be with the launcher, because I see like is trying to launch (I can see changes of the black background like when a window open but all black) if I press the button of power to turn off the vidon box; the message saying that is turning off appear without a problema and the box shutdown. 

So the vidon box is working starting up but the launcher is not working.  There is something that I can do to fix this?

I check and the Vidon box do not have SD slot to try this:

If the launcher cannot be launched, I have a method to fix it, at least this method worked for me.

Step 1, plug in a mouse or wireless mouse

step 2, drag down from the right-top edge of the screen, then you will see the settings icon

Step 3, Go to Settings - Apps - All, find out the "VidOn Media Center", the launcher.

Step 4, Clean the data, press Back, you will see the launcher launches again.

Hope this works for you.

#9 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:09 PM

thaovjp89,

Have you managed to sort out your issue?

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#10 frevueltas

frevueltas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box, Other
  • Devices:Tronsmart Prometheus
  • VidOn XBMC:v 14.2.0
  • iPhone:4
  • iOS on iPhone:7.1.2
  • Android Phone:Samsung S4

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:41 PM

Thank you wolly, I try to do what you recommend but is not working I see the clock, but do not work when I try to drag down, nothing happen. 

The vidonbox have Maintenance mode like an Android phone? 

There is anything else I can try?

#11 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 02:29 AM

Thank you wolly, I try to do what you recommend but is not working I see the clock, but do not work when I try to drag down, nothing happen. 

The vidonbox have Maintenance mode like an Android phone? 

There is anything else I can try?

OK,if all things you have tried didn't work, then you can reset the box again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hardware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users