Photo

Q&A: How do I 'factory reset' the VidOn Box?

Software

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 funnyboy027

funnyboy027

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh, Vietnam

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:53 AM

i want to factory reset this box but don't know how.

I try factory data reset in the android setting but it doesn't delete all, every file in download folder, plugin in XBMC, Kodi still remain

#2 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:26 AM

The VidOn Box has a 'reset button' positioned within a hole at the rear of the device. It's a bit fiddly but what you have to do is: -
  • Disconnect the power lead
  • Press the reset button and keep it pressed while you reconnect the power lead.
  • After a few seconds you should see a 'green progress bar' within a red frame (depending on the installed SDK).
  • You can now release the reset button.
After a few minutes the VidOn Box will re-boot and the SDK version will return to: 1.0. The VMC version will return to: 0.0.0.4Beta. And VidOn XBMC will return to: 1.1.0.2

Cheers
  • Joe likes this

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#3 funnyboy027

funnyboy027

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh, Vietnam

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:58 AM

I already did it but all my personal data is still remain, it doesn't delete 

#4 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:09 AM

I already did it but all my personal data is still remain, it doesn't delete 

Go to Settings - Advanced Settings - App - All, find out the VMC and VidOn XBMC and select "Clean Data".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users