• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 lucas

lucas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:48 AM

i I have just downloaded Vidon XBMC free trial and wanting to try it out with my Minix Neo X7 mini. It works fine but what I want to know is if I subscribe to enable DTS-Ma and Doldby True HD work with my Onkyo TX-NR509 receiver which can playback these formats. Will the pro- version of Vidon XBMC work with my device. Is it compatible with rockchipset RK3188? Please assist.

#2 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:41 AM

The free trial is full featured, so if the HD audio passthrough doesn't work on your box, then don't subscribe the membership.

We are working on RK series chipsets, so membership features may not work properly on RK chipsets.

#3 lucas

lucas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:55 AM

Wolly X

When I try and choose DTS_MA and Dolby True HD capable receiver it asks be to please logon and subscribe. So I'm not sure if the trial allows you to access these features or its not compatible with rockchip. I have already entered my username and password into Vidon XBMC and verified it but it says no subscription. However it does play all other Dolby Digital and DTS audio. Any Idea to assit.

#4 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:27 AM

Hi, lucas

I just changed the free trial's status to available, so try again.

#5 lucas

lucas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

Hi Wolly

Just tried to change audio settings in xbmc for DTS-MA and Dolby True HD capable receiver and it will not enable as I don't have an account. It has asked me to log into vidon site and create an account. I only have a trial login at this point. I can pick passthrough for normal Dolby Digital and DTD but not for the other two. What should I do now?

#6 lucas

lucas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:49 AM

My user e-mail is soph.karantoni@bigpond.com. Status is active without subscription. Not sure why I can't access the DTS-MA and Dolby True HD capable receiver feature in the audio settings.

#7 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:08 AM

My user e-mail is soph.karantoni@bigpond.com. Status is active without subscription. Not sure why I can't access the DTS-MA and Dolby True HD capable receiver feature in the audio settings.

Can you see the VidOn Membership Free Trial in your account? Please go to System - VidOn - User Center , select "Switch User" to login again.

#8 lucas

lucas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:51 AM

Wolly

Tried this and it has asked to log on to my account and subscribe for theses two features DTS-MA and Dolby True HD capable receiver.

How can I be sure that they will work. The trial should have these features include so then I can decide to purchase or not.

Something must be wrong.

#9 lucas

lucas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:58 AM

My Membership
License Status Expire on Operation VidOn Membership Free Trial
4152 Active 2015-05-01  

Subscribe Now to access all VidOn Membership features!

Subscribe Now!

Top-Up Card Number Term Status Operation

You have no available top-up card.

Here you can:
1. Subscribe VidOn Membership.
2. Renew VidOn Membership.
3. Give the unused top-up card to others as a gift

#10 lucas

lucas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:45 AM

Wolly

Thanks I can choose them now. However audio passthrough is not working for DTS-MA and Dolby True HD and playback is slow. You maybe right that it doen't work with rockchip RK3188. Any idea?

#11 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:34 AM

Wolly

Thanks I can choose them now. However audio passthrough is not working for DTS-MA and Dolby True HD and playback is slow. You maybe right that it doen't work with rockchip RK3188. Any idea?

Hey, lucas

Now we are doing work on Rock-chip's chipsets, so it may take some times.

#12 lucas

lucas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

Wolly

Thanks keep me updated once you have a compatible version of xmbc that works with RK3188 chipset for the minix neo x7 mini.

#13 MandoCo

MandoCo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:08 AM

I Have RK 3288 android Box with last version Kodi Vidon.

When i active DTS HD & Dolby True HD passthrough and play video i have many stuterring and no sound

In section accelération video i canot see library for decode hardware video RKlibstagefright

#14 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:40 AM

When i active DTS HD & Dolby True HD passthrough and play video i have many stuterring and no sound

In section accelération video i canot see library for decode hardware video RKlibstagefright

Hello ManoCo, 

We have just returned from a brief holiday so I am just now seeing your post; I will report this to the developers and then get back to you. 

#15 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:04 AM

Hey MandoCo

Now we are working with another company to make our VidOn XBMC works on RK's chipsets, so you may need to wait some days. Once it works on RK 3288, we will update the imformation on our website and forum.

#16 costaud

costaud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

Any news with compatibility problem with pioneer receiver, I have no sound with my Pioneer receiver and 2 other guy with pioneer too ?

#17 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:44 AM

Any news with compatibility problem with pioneer receiver, I have no sound with my Pioneer receiver and 2 other guy with pioneer too ?

This might be a compatibility issue. According to one of our developers, we have tested some Android boxes powered by different chipsets, like Mstar, Amlogic, Allwinner and Rockchip, they all performed the same. If one box can output HD auido on certain amplifier, then other boxes all can output HD audio, if one cannot, then all others also cannot. We speculate that this may be related to the HDMI-related chip, all the HDMI chip on these boxes may be from the same provider, it has a compatibility issue.

#18 usul

usul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box, Other
  • Devices:Minix X8-H Plus
  • VidOn XBMC:v 2.0.0.0
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Pad:LG g2

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:51 AM

This might be a compatibility issue. According to one of our developers, we have tested some Android boxes powered by different chipsets, like Mstar, Amlogic, Allwinner and Rockchip, they all performed the same. If one box can output HD auido on certain amplifier, then other boxes all can output HD audio, if one cannot, then all others also cannot. We speculate that this may be related to the HDMI-related chip, all the HDMI chip on these boxes may be from the same provider, it has a compatibility issue.

It might be software related also.
As with my denon avr-x4100w, I get hd audio on minix only with gotham v. 2 and NOT with new or beta versios of VidOn kodi.
There is one exception, I the newest beta kodi, when watching a 3d iso, I get 3d and hd audio..
But if I play a non 3d movie, no hd audio on minix.
Only using gotham 2.0 I get audio, but have to try same file like 3 times for it to finally kick in.

#19 MandoCo

MandoCo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

Hey MandoCo

Now we are working with another company to make our VidOn XBMC works on RK's chipsets, so you may need to wait some days. Once it works on RK 3288, we will update the imformation on our website and forum.

Yeah Good News ;)

If you want betatester i can test for you with my OHC

compatibility list AV HD audio is here

https://docs.google....#gid=1685174283

#20 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:33 PM

It might be software related also.
As with my denon avr-x4100w, I get hd audio on minix only with gotham v. 2 and NOT with new or beta versios of VidOn kodi.
There is one exception, I the newest beta kodi, when watching a 3d iso, I get 3d and hd audio..
But if I play a non 3d movie, no hd audio on minix.
Only using gotham 2.0 I get audio, but have to try same file like 3 times for it to finally kick in.

Since the VidOn XBMC is not stable on MiniX and we are still working with them to address the problem, so the problem on your box may be caused by the software.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ask for Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users