• 287 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • iPhone:6 Plus
  • iOS on iPhone:8.1.1
  • iPad:mini 2
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.1

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:22 AM

Questions about adding, deleting and editing media library in VidOn Server.

For official updates:

#2 The_Gecko

The_Gecko

• *Beta Tester*
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • iPhone:4
  • iOS on iPhone:7.1.2
  • iPad:3
  • iOS on iPad:8.3.0

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:30 PM

During import of 5.9TiB (924 ISO files in 5 Folders) of commercial media, the program/service/application 'VidOnMediaAnalysis' seems to bounce between acting like a single-threaded application and a multi-threaded application.  Sometimes VidOnMediaAnalysis was locked at 49% of total system CPU, and other times it consumed 90% of the system's total CPU power.  The fact that it can use multiple cores during import is great, but there was definitely some fighting for CPU cycles between the processes VidOnMediaAnalysis and VidOnMysqld in a two-core setup.

Q: What is the thread count limit for VidOnMediaAnalysis?  

Q: What is the recommended number of CPU cores for VidOn.me Server 2?

During the import I saw used RAM reach 4000GiB, while total system memory reached 4600GiB.  Hyper-V allows for dynamic memory allocation and is configured (by default) to always try to keep the available/free portion of RAM at 20% of total system memory.

i-SHbdT9m-S.jpg

System responsiveness became sluggish during the media import.  The system became more responsive after I lowered the priority of the VidOn.me Server processes.  This worked for a while until the VidOnMediaAnalysis process was cycled.  You might consider lowering the default process priority to something below "Normal".  This is not a risk on a true server because servers are typically "purpose built" for a single application.  Therefore, even at a priority of "Low", the VidOn.Me Server 2 software on my server still consumed 98% of total system CPU cycles, but was much more responsive while clicking around in Windows Explorer (looking at files) or in Internet Explorer (using the VidOn.me console).

• Joe likes this

VidOn.me BETA configuration: Virtual machine running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard. 4 vCPU & 2500MiB RAM w/Dynamic Memory Sizing.
Host: Hyper-V 2012 R2. Dual Xeon x5560 & 256GiB RAM
Media Storage: DVD & BluRay ISO files processed with Slysoft's CloneDVD accessible via mapped drive

#3 James

James

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • iPhone:6 Plus
  • iOS on iPhone:8.1.1
  • iPad:mini 2
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.1

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:41 AM

Thanks for the valuable feedback! I'll show this to the developer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Official

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users