Photo

VidOn Server and VidOn Cloud Beta Testers Wanted!

Official

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

VidOn.me is pleased to invite you to participate in our new VidOn Server and VidOn Cloud Beta test!

The VidOn Server:
Supports: PC's, Android devices and other platforms.
Function: Adding media resources, management, classification, transcoding and streaming.

The VidOn Cloud:
Supports: Android set top boxes, mobile phones, tablet PC's and other platforms.
Function: Resource browsing and playback on connected devices.

New Version Features:
- Complete Media Management: Supports multi-path movies, videos and photos for a smarter classification system.
- TV Show and Movie Scrapping: Automatically retrieves all relevant information, including posters, plot summaries etc.
- Powerful Transcoding Engine: Automatically converts files for playback on connected devices when certain file formats do not work.
- Hardware Acceleration: CPU pressure and resource consumption were reduced for smoother video playback.
- Astounding Playback Capability: Supports playback of 1080P BD ISO files in the original HD quality no matter what device you are streaming to.
- Private Cloud Photo Backup: Automatically backs-up all photos on a connected device to a specified file path categorized by time, location, equipment and criteria, and then can be viewed on other devices.

Set Up:
1. Install VidOn Server on a PC or Android set-top box. “Click Add Resource Guidelines” to add your media.
2. Install VidOn Cloud on a mobile device or Android set-top box. Follow set up instructions to connect to the VidOn Server
3. Experience the new features of VidOn Cloud and Server!

Note: Due to hardware limitations on certain android set top boxes not all advanced features may be available. For a more full featured version, please use the VidOn Server for PC.

Beta Testers:
After recruitment, register a VidOn.me forum account and message the moderators to be put in the Testers Group. Publish all feedback on VidOn Server and VidOn Cloud in the VidOn Forum.
Beta Testers will receive VidOn.me Membership free for one year and have access to all of our advanced features.
Outstanding Beta Testers will be provided with a free Lifetime VidOn membership among other perks.

Benefits:
1. One Year VidOn Membership for free!
2. “Beta Tester” title for VidOn.me forum.
3. Access to the hidden forum section that contains development plans and allows for direct contact with the developers.
4. Give feedback and see your ideas immediately incorporated into subsequent updates!
5. A chance to win a free VidOn Box and lifetime VidOn Membership!
Please inquire with the forum moderators Wolly or Joe for more details.

The VidOn Sever and Cloud are out and ready for download now!

(Update 15.7.1)

Hi all, the new version is now available, happy testing :)

VidOn Server

Version: 2.1.0.5

http://www.vidon.me/...nServer2105.exe

1. Added more media info for Movie and TV shows

2. Added the feature to edit media info

3. Added file stacking feature for movies

4. Added the Channels feature

5. Added the feature to check the reason when media info fails to download

6. Fixed an issue for adding SMB sources

VidOn Cloud

Version: 1.2.0

http://www.vidon.me/...VidOn_Cloud.apk

1. Added an option to allow users to choose between playing in menu mode and main movie mode for Blu-ray and DVD movie files when using Play To feature.

2. Added an option to set preferred audio and subtitle languages.

3. Optimized error messages and user hints.

4. Optimized the continue downloading feature.

5. Optimized video quality when streaming.

VidOn Cloud TV

Version: 1.1.0.0

http://www.vidon.me/...se-VidOn.me.apk

1. Added Channels feature

2. Optimized playback screen to include more video information

3. Optimized screen saver performance

4. Fixed a bug where screen saver would not run properly

The above are the latest Android apps, the iOS apps have been submitted to the Apple App Store for review and should be available soon.

Download them and let us know what you think by finding the relevant topic here, and then post your feedback.

Thanks for the help and happy testing!

• itsapril likes this

#2 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

We need testers, so if your interested please let us know ASAP so we can add you to the group!

Thanks everyone!

• Braley1275 and iechicksrock like this

#3 mrpn900

mrpn900

• *Beta Tester*
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 14.1.0
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • iPad:Air
  • iOS on iPad:9.1.0
  • Android Phone:DOOGEE X5 Pro
  • Android Pad:nexus 7 (2013), Marshmallow 6

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

I would like to do some beta testing,

Mika

• Joe likes this

#4 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:27 AM

Good to hear mrpn900! The beta test will officially begin by the end of this month, as we get closer I will release more details.

Thanks for your interest!

#5 hoopes4908

hoopes4908

• *Beta Tester*
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

I'm interested!

#6 James

James

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • iPhone:6 Plus
  • iOS on iPhone:8.1.1
  • iPad:mini 2
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.1

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:39 AM

I'm interested!

Thanks for the support, we will update more detail about the Server testing project.

#7 jarrod

jarrod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:35 AM

I'd love to test it. VidOn looks fun!

• Joe likes this

#8 James

James

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • iPhone:6 Plus
  • iOS on iPhone:8.1.1
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.1

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

I'd love to test it. VidOn looks fun!

Welcome aboard :)

#9 g_beers

g_beers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:55 PM

would love to test and report.  enjoying my box now.

• James likes this

#10 JamesNoGames

JamesNoGames

• *Beta Tester*
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

Hi Admin, I would like to apply to be a beta tester. Thank you. :tootha:

#11 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:39 AM

Hey Guys,

Would you mind telling me a little about yourselves and why you would qualify to be beta testers for the VidOn Server/Cloud beta release?

Are you avid movie watchers? Do you have large collections of ripped DVD's and Blu-rays? What does your A/V set up look like at home? Are you already using a home media server program?

We just want to know a little bit more about our potential testers.

Thanks everybody!

#12 haltelinie

haltelinie

• *Beta Tester*
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Devices:Other
  • Devices:too many to mention
  • Android Phone:too many to mention
  • Android Pad:too many to mention

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:23 PM

Hi there,

I would also like to become a beta tester for Vidon. I'm using videostreaming and transcoding servers for years now. Started with PS3mediaserver and Serviio. Now I'm using Plex for Video and Asset and LMS for audio. For the software Servers I use my Microsoft Hyper-V Server (crazy HW specs) as a host and Ubuntu and Windows as guests.

We have several Android devices (LG G3, Samsung Tab Pro 12 and 10 with original OS and Samsung Tab 7.2, Samsung Galaxy S2 and Motorola Xoom with CyanogenMod), PS3, XBOX360, BD-Players (Oppo 105 and Panasonic BDP-150 and Raspberrys) as streaming clients. I'm still thinking that Raspberry Gen 1 is not a wise choice vor HD video streaming but i wait to be corrected.

We got rid of nearly all physical media some years ago. All enterteinment media ist stored on a NAS (Synology 1813+). That includes BD (as MKV, Main Movie only), DVD (see BD) and Audio (Flac).

Would love to test Vidon.

Regards Sven

• Joe likes this

#13 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:04 AM

Hi there,

I would also like to become a beta tester for Vidon. I'm using videostreaming and transcoding servers for years now. Started with PS3mediaserver and Serviio. Now I'm using Plex for Video and Asset and LMS for audio. For the software Servers I use my Microsoft Hyper-V Server (crazy HW specs) as a host and Ubuntu and Windows as guests.

We have several Android devices (LG G3, Samsung Tab Pro 12 and 10 with original OS and Samsung Tab 7.2, Samsung Galaxy S2 and Motorola Xoom with CyanogenMod), PS3, XBOX360, BD-Players (Oppo 105 and Panasonic BDP-150 and Raspberrys) as streaming clients. I'm still thinking that Raspberry Gen 1 is not a wise choice vor HD video streaming but i wait to be corrected.

We got rid of nearly all physical media some years ago. All enterteinment media ist stored on a NAS (Synology 1813+). That includes BD (as MKV, Main Movie only), DVD (see BD) and Audio (Flac).

Would love to test Vidon.

Regards Sven

Hey Sven,

Wow, it sounds like you would be a boon to our beta test, so we have added you as a tester; welcome! As the release date of the VidOn Server and Cloud draw closer we will release more information in the forums, so check back soon because the beta test should begin by the end of month/beginning of next month.

Thanks,

Joe

#14 haltelinie

haltelinie

• *Beta Tester*
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Devices:Other
  • Devices:too many to mention
  • Android Phone:too many to mention
  • Android Pad:too many to mention

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:37 AM

Thank you! Great! Looking forward to it!

• Joe likes this

#15 Tryingtobepatient

Tryingtobepatient

• *Beta Tester*
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:45 PM

I got your invite and would love to be a beta tester.

I have one of the new VidOn boxes, as well as an AV200. I actually played with VidOn Server and cloud a bit already.

Besides having Kodi installed on my PC, I also have been testing it on my VidOn box alongside of Gotham.

I stream to and from my PC and VidOn boxes. Both TV Shows and BluRay movies.

I also stream to my HTC One M9, my daughter's HTC One M7, my son's Asus tablet, and my Google Nexus7 (although VidOn player does not work on my Nexus7 for some reason, so I use a different app for steaming on there). I also use an Xbox360 and an XboxOne.

• Joe likes this

#16 rvia100

rvia100

• *Beta Tester*
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Keedox
  • iPhone:5s
  • iOS on iPhone:7.1.2
  • iOS on iPad:7.1.2

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:54 PM

I would like to do some Beta testing for you. I am very interested in XBMC and all that it can do. I am an electrical engineer. I travel for work some and I am always wanting to watch something I have at home, but didn't bring with me on a trip. I have 5 devices at home for XBMC windows and android. I have used VidOn server with my iPhones and iPads and it's great. I'm always interested in making these things better.
Thanks,
  • Joe likes this

#17 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:46 AM

I got your invite and would love to be a beta tester.

I have one of the new VidOn boxes, as well as an AV200. I actually played with VidOn Server and cloud a bit already.

Besides having Kodi installed on my PC, I also have been testing it on my VidOn box alongside of Gotham.

I stream to and from my PC and VidOn boxes. Both TV Shows and BluRay movies.

I also stream to my HTC One M9, my daughter's HTC One M7, my son's Asus tablet, and my Google Nexus7 (although VidOn player does not work on my Nexus7 for some reason, so I use a different app for steaming on there). I also use an Xbox360 and an XboxOne.

I would like to do some Beta testing for you. I am very interested in XBMC and all that it can do. I am an electrical engineer. I travel for work some and I am always wanting to watch something I have at home, but didn't bring with me on a trip. I have 5 devices at home for XBMC windows and android. I have used VidOn server with my iPhones and iPads and it's great. I'm always interested in making these things better.
Thanks,

Well thank you both very much for your quick responses, I will be sure to add you guys to the tester group, as well I will let you know when the test will officially begin, which will be extremely soon!

Thanks again!

#18 Diligaff

Diligaff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

I just purchased the VidOn Box and would like to be considered for BETA testing.

A little more about me:

I am just getting started with my home theater.  I have been using XBMC/Kodi for a while now.  I have a WD My Cloud with about 4tb of movies and 1tb of music.  I travel a lot and like having access to my movies.  I want to merge my XBMC and My Cloud into one easily used and accessible system, which I think Vidon will do.  If you need a fairly novice tester I would be your man. lol

Any other info needed please let me know

#19 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:52 AM

I just purchased the VidOn Box and would like to be considered for BETA testing.

Hey Diligaff, 

Can you tell us a little about yourself and your experience with home entertainment technologies please?

Thanks!

#20 rumburrak

rumburrak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 1.0.0.0
  • iPad:2

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:06 PM

i have downloaded and installed Vidon Server from the upper link. Install ok, it opens http://127.0.0.1:32080/, but it's failing (this page can't be displayed), is there another adress for server to put in browser address bar ? Vidon Cloud installed on mobile phone, detects the server, connect to it, but can't open Vidon server manger page.
Update: I managed to open vid on server manager page from lan ( iPad), port 32080, configured successfully. Local host still doesn't display the page ( no antivirus, firewall disabled, static IP).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Official

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users