#1 newdig60

newdig60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV100

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:37 AM

I have just received my new box and I am really dissapointed with the supplied remote control. Without a mouse I find it impossible to navigate around some apps. I also have an av100 and have gone back to using that controller with the new box. Also I have tried to couple the new box to my phone but although it works on xbmc on the av100, I can't seem to work out what settings to use for the new one. IP and port.

playing with the new remote and getting used to the gyro, its not so bad but test watching blu ray I could not turn off subtitles with available controls. I needed to revert to old controller and sub tit button. More comments to come.
  • cBc likes this

#2 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:30 AM

playing with the new remote and getting used to the gyro, its not so bad but test watching blu ray I could not turn off subtitles with available controls. I needed to revert to old controller and sub tit button. More comments to come.

When you play the blu-ray movie in VidOn XBMC, press menu then select audio setting, you can disable the subtitle.

Attached File  closeSubtitles.jpg   102.1KB   0 downloads

#3 newdig60

newdig60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:53 AM

Thanks for that, it's a pity that the controller can't control subtitles as with the old one. I have another problem with the new controller. It has no control at all in some apps such as Netflix, it does nothing. I can't click between movies nor can I use the gyro selection. Is there some adjustment in settings that are required.

Not real happy with this new mouse. No control over Netflix and had to revert to old av100 controller to use Netflix. Hope there is a solution.

MODERATOR NOTE:
As you can see your post has been merged into your existing topic about the same subject... 

#4 Flosome1

Flosome1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:26 PM

I have the same problem. 

i installed, deinstalled, reinstalled the netflix app.. also the link posted above..

but still.. i cannot log in,. same error as described above.. keyboard disappears and then invalid input..

what else can i do?

#5 hasse61

hasse61

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:27 PM

I have the same problem. 

i installed, deinstalled, reinstalled the netflix app.. also the link posted above..

but still.. i cannot log in,. same error as described above.. keyboard disappears and then invalid input..

what else can i do?

Hi Flosome1.

If you attach a usb-mouse to one of the usb-ports on the VidOn Box,it should be possible to enter the login accredentials,as far as i have tried.

As the VidOn remote can not enter a mouse-mode it seems this can not be done with the supplied remote.

I myself do not have a netflix-account (i have mobile internet and limited download).

So if netflix can be used with the supplied remote once you login,i can not tell.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards Hasse 

#6 newdig60

newdig60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:28 AM

I received my new controller today thanks Vidon and I appreciate your backup and the fact that you went to the cost and trouble of sending it. However, the new controller is not a great deal different to the previous one. I use an air mouse to operate apps such as netflix as the supplied controllers are useless for this -they won't work. In fact I can use the controller supplied with my Vidon av100 and that does the job much better. I find myself sitting there with a handful of controllers just to operate the box. I must admit my disapointment at what I received but keep on with the software side updates that's what is really important.

MODERATOR NOTE:
As you can see your post has been merged into your existing topic about the same subject... 

#7 cBc

cBc

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:31 AM

OK, I connected my VidOn box again to try out the new remote today.

However I am scratching my head here a little , since the only improvement I can see is a little better range compared to the old one. Using it to control Netflix or Pandora is completely impossible! I cannot select ANY content to play in either app. I moves thru rows of content icons a bit in Netflix, but I can't play anything because I can't select anything.

When entering my Pandora account info , I noticed that several times key presses weren't registering onscreen, causing me to have to re enter them several times.

Seriously.......what is the point?

#8 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:37 AM

Some of the apps are not designed for TV, so the apps can not controlled by the remote. If you want to get a better experience, a keyboard/mouse combination will be the first choice.

Since Google has released the Android TV, I believe there will be more and more apps designed for TV in the future.

#9 cBc

cBc

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:44 AM

But at least if this was an air mouse, we could select things within the apps. The only app the mouse is useable with is XBMC. I don't see how people will want to own an Android media device they cannot control.

My Tronsmart Vega S89-H has only a simple remote, yet I can still navigate around inside Netflix and Pandora easily.

#10 newdig60

newdig60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:03 AM

But at least if this was an air mouse, we could select things within the apps. The only app the mouse is useable with is XBMC. I don't see how people will want to own an Android media device they cannot control.

My Tronsmart Vega S89-H has only a simple remote, yet I can still navigate around inside Netflix and Pandora easily.

My sentiments exactly. I now have 3 remotes to operate the same box.

For some reason I can't teach my wireless air mouse to turn the box on and off so I need the provided controller for that and maybe xbmc. The newly supplied controller is not much different than the old except it's buttons are a little sticky. Certainly I need my wireless air mouse to operate Netflix and other apps.

I paid less than $20 for my air mouse which also came from China so I would suggest Vidon have the same company program required settings into their product and ship that with the box. Problems solved. I'm sure in China you would only pay a few Yuan for the same item I paid $20 for.

#11 raskus

raskus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

I appreciate the customer care Vidon has showed us so far, new remote for free and a recent update to Gotham has really improved the user experience for the Vidon Box.

Currently the Netflix app is almost unusable without a mouse and keyboard, which i personally dont like, a well developed media player should be able to use with just the remote control.

So, my wonder is, are there any plans to update to Android TV. If thats the case; when?

Thank you.

#12 newdig60

newdig60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:12 AM

Just downloaded sdk 1.2 etc and played a BR movie which played with unwanted subtitles. Tried the new remote to get rid of them but not possible, so tried all settings but no go. The only option I could find to remove the subtitles was to use the subtitles button on my old av100 controller. It is ridiculous that I have to use 3 controllers to operate the box through its various functions. OR is there something I am missing with the controls for the Vidon Box or controller.

#13 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

Just downloaded sdk 1.2 etc and played a BR movie which played with unwanted subtitles. Tried the new remote to get rid of them but not possible, so tried all settings but no go. The only option I could find to remove the subtitles was to use the subtitles button on my old av100 controller. It is ridiculous that I have to use 3 controllers to operate the box through its various functions. OR is there something I am missing with the controls for the Vidon Box or controller.

I think it's easy to disable the subtitles both in VMC(Files) or VidOn XBMC with the two remotes.

#14 gtspec

gtspec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:30 AM

I just received my Vidon box and absolutely love it for XBMC functionality..

Really disappointed with the new controller missing button (haven't used the old one) clicks but that's something i can live with.. 1 thing I am confused about is Netflix controls with the remote. I can load the netflix application fine but unable to select anything at all, just scroll up and down..

Do I need a separate keyboard/mouse combo? Or am i doing something wrong? Using a keyboard/mouse isn't a solution I would be happy with.. Is there any way to use netflix?

I plan on buying a few of these Vidon boxes for around the house but this is a real show stopper.

#15 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

I just received my Vidon box and absolutely love it for XBMC functionality.. Really disappointed with the new controller missing button (haven't used the old one) clicks but that's something i can live with.. 1 thing I am confused about is Netflix controls with the remote. I can load the netflix application fine but unable to select anything at all, just scroll up and down.. Do I need a separate keyboard/mouse combo? Or am i doing something wrong? Using a keyboard/mouse isn't a solution I would be happy with.. Is there any way to use netflix? I plan on buying a few of these Vidon boxes for around the house but this is a real show stopper.

The Netflix app you installed is not designed for TV, so remote doesn't work. The only way to use it is to use a keyboard/mouse combo.

I have installed and tried some TV apps, the remote worked fine to control every function.

So we cannot solve this issue.

#16 gtspec

gtspec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:10 AM

OK thanks for the info

Is there a Netflix TV app I can install? Or is a keyboard/mouse the only option?

#17 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:39 AM

OK thanks for the info

Is there a Netflix TV app I can install? Or is a keyboard/mouse the only option?

Hey gtspec,

If you can access Netflix on your VidOn Box then you must use a keyboard/mouse to gain full functionality.

#18 daflyboys

daflyboys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 2.0.0.0

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:47 AM

Since the packaged Netflix app would not download, I decided to get the latest one from the app store.  It installed fine, however I cannot navigate to the "sign in" field in the upper right corner.  It will only allow me to sign up for a new 30 day membership, which I do not want.  Please advise.

Further, the device is acting as if the "old" Netflix app is still trying to download, as when I attempt to download another pre-loaded app, like XBMC or YouTube, they indictate a "waiting...." message.

#19 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

Hi, daflyboys

As the Netflix app is not designed for the TV, so the remote can not control it very well, I suggest you connect a wireless keyboard/mouse to use those non-TV apps.

#20 daflyboys

daflyboys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 2.0.0.0

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:29 AM

Thank you for the reply.  That is not the best option and there should be something better integrated with the controller.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Apps on Box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users