Photo

Help Please. How do I change settings folder for Vidon XBMC?

VidOn XBMC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Caer_Conroy

Caer_Conroy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:54 AM

In the process of troubleshooting new titles not showing up in the Library, I found that /sdcard was full. I deleted every ounce of dead weight that I could and followed the guides on the Kodi wiki to reduce the size of the user data but I am still up against a 4gb wall.

I attempted to move the user data to a USB flash drive following the instructions on http://kodi.wiki/vie...der_for_Android but have had no success.  I placed the text file "xbmc_env.properties" containing "/mnt/usbhost0/kodi_data" in /sdcard as instructed. No data has been stored on /mnt/usbhost0/kodi_data and my sdcard remains full.  I noticed that the xbmc data is stored under /Android/data/org.vidonme.vidonme/files/.xbmc. 

What am I doing wrong? Does the file require a different name for Vidon.me's version? Is the back-door closed?  How can I move the XBMC data somewhere (ANYWHERE) else that has enough room?

#2 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • Devices:RT1186 Linux
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Medion AP4
  • Android Pad:Medion Lifetab

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:30 AM

The biggest portion of data is usually the thumbnails folder.

You can set this externally by using the path substitution method describe in the Kodi Wiki in advancedsettings.xml which needs to be copied to your device in the userdata directory. You can do this by putting it on a USB stick and use file manager.

Here's an example of an advancedsettings.xml that refers to the thumbnails stored on a NAS:-

<advancedsettings>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
      <to>smb://LIBRARY/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<recentlyaddeditems>48</recentlyaddeditems>
  </videolibrary>
  <enablemultimediakeys>true</enablemultimediakeys>
</advancedsettings>

• Wolly Xu and Joe like this

#3 nexzus

nexzus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:34 PM

Just a quick addendum to the above:

If you're going to store thumbnails on an SMB network share with the path substitution method, it's a good practice to include the user name and password. Most times XBMC already does have credentials, but there's cases where it wouldn't.

<to>smb://username:password@LIBRARY/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>

• Wolly Xu and Joe like this

#4 Caer_Conroy

Caer_Conroy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:02 AM

Thanks.  I changed special://home to point to my folder on the USB drive and it seems to be working, though for some reason I'm having to go back and manually refresh the movies and TV series to get it to download artwork.  Artwork downloader scans but doesn't seem to be downloading.  I'll just export the library to multiple files in the folders on the network share so the Vidon can pick 'em up from there. I'd call it solved. :smile:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VidOn XBMC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users