Photo

Newb question: How do I get movie covers to show?

VidOn XBMC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 johnpwat

johnpwat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:AV200
  • VMC:Not Specified
  • SDK:Not Specified
  • Android Phone:LG G3

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

I rip movies to BluRay ISO and found that in the XBMC I can't get them to show as anything else but files. What format do they need to be in to get Movie art and descriptions to show? Do I lose anything by changing the format?

The only real reason I put in ISO format was to burn to a BluRay, but I don't bother with this usually.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Eduardmag likes this

#2 nexzus

nexzus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:29 PM

ISO is fine. However, you'll need to set everything up so that XMBC can correctly identify the movies - a process called scraping. Some here use 3rd party programs that generate special files called .NFO files.

I myself use the folder name conventions. Every one of my rips is in its own folder with the name of the movie, along with the year. You add the base folder to the library, setup the scraping options, and set it off. (sorry for the crappy image - can't figure out how to get the URL for the high quality from Flickr)

16895279856_953b0f658c_z.jpg

• Joe likes this

#3 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:40 AM

I rip movies to BluRay ISO and found that in the XBMC I can't get them to show as anything else but files. What format do they need to be in to get Movie art and descriptions to show? Do I lose anything by changing the format? The only real reason I put in ISO format was to burn to a BluRay, but I don't bother with this usually. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey johnpwat, 

Did nexus' reply answer your question or do you still require assistance?

#4 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:15 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum John,

First things first, can you please give us the following basic information: -
  • Please visit your 'Profile' and add your VidOn.me Devices: 'Hardware SDK' version, 'VidOn XBMC' version and Video Media Center (VMC) version numbers.
  • Please confirm how are you accessing your files. Via a USB connected HDD or via a WiFi/hard-wired ethernet connection?
  • Please confirm which application you used to create your Blu-ray.iso files?
  • Are your Blu-ray.iso files 'full-disc' or 'movie-only'?
Cheers

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#5 johnpwat

johnpwat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:AV200
  • VMC:Not Specified
  • SDK:Not Specified
  • Android Phone:LG G3

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:15 AM

Nexzus
I will give the scraping option a try to see if this works for me.

SeeMoreDigital -
I updated my profile. I'm running XBMC 13.2 Gotham.
I have a 1TB USD drive attached to my AV200. I also have a connection to my wireless.
I use DVDFab to create the Bluray ISO files
I only do "movie-only" no compression.

#6 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:31 AM

SeeMoreDigital -
I updated my profile...
I have a 1TB USD drive attached to my AV200...

Given that you have an AV200, your topic has been moved out of the 'VidOn Box' section and into the dedicated 'AV100/AV200/Old Devices' section...

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VidOn XBMC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users