Photo

After I installed VidOn XBMC 2.0.0.0 on my AV100 it's not playing any videos!

VidOn XBMC

Best Answer Teddy , 18 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

Are any of the XBMC v0.0.0.x releases intended to be used with AV100?

And if not I'm assuming XBMC v1.1.0.2 is latest stable version for AV100?

And will it install as a downgrade without any issues? Thanks for your help!

EDIT: It seems that 1.1.0.2 is indeed the latest stable version for AV100 but it wouldnt downgrade untill I did a system reset that installed an even older version then installed over top of that. Everything seems to be working like it was before now, thanks again!

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Teddy

Teddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:AV100

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:26 PM

When I started XBMC up on my AV100 it said there was an update avaiable to download.

After I installed it, every video fails to play and says "One of more items failed to play. Check the log file for details."
I looked at the log and there were a bunch of errors that I don't know what to do with but I did use the "Send log file and dump file now" option.
ERROR: vdmplayer unknown cpu hardware= sun7i ,cann't use vdmplayerERROR: Unable to open dll /data/app-lib/org.vidonme.vidonme-2/ERROR: Load failed
I don't know how to go back to the earlier version that was working or even which version it was, any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

When I started XBMC up on my AV100 it said there was an update avaiable to download.

What's the version number of the update you downloaded?

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#3 Teddy

Teddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:42 PM

In XBMC under SYSTEM>Settings>VidOn>Upgrade, Version is listed as 2.0.0.0 Beta and Build Time 2015-02-02 11:02:38

I don't know why it downloaded a beta version but that probably explains why it isn't working.

EDIT: in SYSTEM>System info it also says in blue text: XMBC 13.2 Git:20141226-ffda0b8 (Compiled: Jan 27 2015)

#4 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:50 PM

I don't know why it downloaded a beta version but that probably explains why it isn't working.

The reason why VidOn XBMC v2.0.0.0 is not working on your AV100 is because currently it's intended for use with the AV200 only!

A link to all the 'official firmware release' versions can be found here: http://forum.vidon.m...icial-releases/. Somewhere in there should be VidOn XBMC 1.1.0.2 for your AV100...

Cheers

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#5 Teddy

Teddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:03 PM   Best Answer

Are any of the XBMC v0.0.0.x releases intended to be used with AV100?

And if not I'm assuming XBMC v1.1.0.2 is latest stable version for AV100?

And will it install as a downgrade without any issues? Thanks for your help!

EDIT: It seems that 1.1.0.2 is indeed the latest stable version for AV100 but it wouldnt downgrade untill I did a system reset that installed an even older version then installed over top of that. Everything seems to be working like it was before now, thanks again!

• Joe likes this

#6 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:54 PM

That's good to hear Teddy. Nice perseverance...
  • Joe likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VidOn XBMC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users