Photo

3.1.3: Bricked/red light problems. And "VidOn.me desktop has stopped working" problems!

Hardware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

#121 Dvalin21

Dvalin21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Did u do a full format each time?

#122 Thesmadj

Thesmadj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Devices:AV200
  • VidOn XBMC:Old Version
  • SDK:v 3.1.3
  • iPhone:5
  • iOS on iPhone:8.1.2
  • iPad:mini
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.2

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

Full format each time. I think it worked because Vidon Media Center is more Stable than vidon_me desktop

#123 knerzelman

knerzelman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBaden-Wurttemberg, Germany

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

The re-flashing documentation in FAQs  states:

When you see the signal light is off, it means that the firmware reinstalling process has been completed.

I was able to see the large green status bar progressing the flashing process but after hours that red power LED never turned off as said in the documentation.

Cold reboot led to nothing but a lasting Vidon.me logo for ever.

The version 3.1.3. image MD5 checksum I used for for the AV200 is 2ce8dc2efaa20a359265790821b45e7e.

Is there any advice or will I go for warranty claims?

#124 Thesmadj

Thesmadj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Devices:AV200
  • VidOn XBMC:Old Version
  • SDK:v 3.1.3
  • iPhone:5
  • iOS on iPhone:8.1.2
  • iPad:mini
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.2

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

Warranty Claims??for That?

You shoud try a full format with phoenixsuite. Download the image of SDK 3.1.3 and than use that program.

#125 Herby64

Herby64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

Nachdem ich die neue Firmware installiert habe, ist der redbrick weg. Das Licht ist nun immer blau. Neues Problem: der Start von vidon-xbmc bricht immer ab und kehrt zur Adroid-oberfläche zurück. (nur der Startbildschirm von XBMC erscheint)
Es ist kein Start möglich. Auch eine Wiederherstellung des Systems hat keinen Erfolg ergeben.
Mein System: AV200 ; aktuelle Firmware for AV200: v 3.1.3 ;aktuelles VidOn XBMC:1.1.0.2
bye Herby

After I installed the new firmware, the redbrick is gone. The light is now always blue. New problem: the start of vidon-xbmc always aborts and returns to the Adroid-surface. (only the home screen of XBMC appears)
There is no start possible. A system recovery found no success.
My system: AV200; latest firmware for AV200: v 3.1.3, current vidon XBMC: 1.1.0.2
bye Herby

I love VidOn.me - i love xbmc

#126 knerzelman

knerzelman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Pretty much did as stated in the documentation. Don't know why I should follow any other comments.

Anyone out there to confirm my MD5 checksum?

Is there a reliable phoenixsuite link? Many malwares, hoaxes, etc. out there.

#127 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

Reliable Phoenix suite link --> http://vidon.me/down...age-into-sd.rar

• VandylEyez likes this

#128 knerzelman

knerzelman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Thanks. I used PhoenixCard_V3.0.9_20121211 which is a bit newer and may have cased the issue!?!?

Always happy to stick to guidelines and tech documentation. Will get back.

• VandylEyez likes this

#129 knerzelman

knerzelman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

Reply to myself:

Flashing the image with the 3.0.9 version of the Phoenix tool did not work.

The V307 posted by Wolly Xu worked instantaneously.

Thanks @Wolly for the help. I could not find a correct link to that version.

• VandylEyez likes this

#130 lionskeep

lionskeep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

Same here.

Here's what happened until now.

I had the first redlight when my power (entire house) was interrupted, and the box was short time off.

Plugging the Power cord in and out, combined with pressing the On/Off switch fixed it someday.

Using the On/Off switch to turn off the AV200 resulted also in redlight from then on.

Odd thing: Pressing the On/Off switch to turn on the AV200 didnt change redlight. Pressing it for 10secs changes redlight to blue and shows a quick splash screen "VIDON", vanishes and redlight returns. Pressing On/Off 10secs, release, (change to blue), press again for 0,1sec while splash screens there results in permanent bluelight with a *stuck* splash screen.

Somehow i managed it to work again. For weeks.

While it worked i painstakingly watched over the fact, that it only works fine if i only turn the box on and off with the remote. And no power interruptions.

Two weeks ago (house) power crashed again and redlight was back.

I couldnt get it back to work, so i flashed it like previous mentioned in this thread. I used Phoenix 3.09 and it worked fine.

Remote power on off worked.

2 hours ago i left XBMC in pause mode while watching scrubs and forgot about it. When i came back, redlight.

I tried to flash it again, but this time i get this:

I was able to see the large green status bar progressing the flashing process but after hours that red power LED never turned off as said in the documentation.

Cold reboot led to nothing but a lasting Vidon.me logo for ever.

Also tried Phoenix 3.07 and it didnt work (like mentioned above).

Also the stuck splash screen method still works.

Is it bricked now for good?

As an IT System Engineer im pretty sure its a software issue.

And this thread is getting old..... so please dont mock me if i ask for frequent progress updates on this bug.

Newer firmware out yet?

And sending it back and getting a replacement is a little bit whacky because: i live in germany. Honkong is half way around the world, but thats not the point (postal fee isnt that high). German customs made me pay another 130€ taxes on top to my VidonMe purchase (what made it like 500$ total). Maybe ill have to pay another 130€ customs duty for getting the replacement, unless its properly declared as replacement (bill with no fee included). Or as pesent. Or whatever. If its bricked for good and VidonMe offers me a or any replacement xbmc box, im willing to take that adventure.

Any answers are much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ben

BW, South Germany

Edit: After keeping it off power for a day it works again, but reacting funny. It wont install the Gotham Update and hangs sometimes. Will try this:

In the mean-time, try the following: -

• Completely remove your existing version of VidOn XBMC (via the Android Apps area).
  • Shut-down and re-boot your VidOn media player.
  • Re-install the newest version of VidOn XBMC via a USB pen-drive.
  • Shut-down and re-boot your VidOn media player.

#131 likethatbox

likethatbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationNiedersachsen, Germany

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

Same here.

Here's what happened until now.

I had the first redlight when my power (entire house) was interrupted, and the box was short time off.

Plugging the Power cord in and out, combined with pressing the On/Off switch fixed it someday.

Using the On/Off switch to turn off the AV200 resulted also in redlight from then on.

Odd thing: Pressing the On/Off switch to turn on the AV200 didnt change redlight. Pressing it for 10secs changes redlight to blue and shows a quick splash screen "VIDON", vanishes and redlight returns. Pressing On/Off 10secs, release, (change to blue), press again for 0,1sec while splash screens there results in permanent bluelight with a *stuck* splash screen.

Somehow i managed it to work again. For weeks.

While it worked i painstakingly watched over the fact, that it only works fine if i only turn the box on and off with the remote. And no power interruptions.

Two weeks ago (house) power crashed again and redlight was back.

I couldnt get it back to work, so i flashed it like previous mentioned in this thread. I used Phoenix 3.09 and it worked fine.

Remote power on off worked.

2 hours ago i left XBMC in pause mode while watching scrubs and forgot about it. When i came back, redlight.

I tried to flash it again, but this time i get this:

Also tried Phoenix 3.07 and it didnt work (like mentioned above).

Also the stuck splash screen method still works.

Is it bricked now for good?

As an IT System Engineer im pretty sure its a software issue.

And this thread is getting old..... so please dont mock me if i ask for frequent progress updates on this bug.

Newer firmware out yet?

And sending it back and getting a replacement is a little bit whacky because: i live in germany. Honkong is half way around the world, but thats not the point (postal fee isnt that high). German customs made me pay another 130€ taxes on top to my VidonMe purchase (what made it like 500$ total). Maybe ill have to pay another 130€ customs duty for getting the replacement, unless its properly declared as replacement (bill with no fee included). Or as pesent. Or whatever. If its bricked for good and VidonMe offers me a or any replacement xbmc box, im willing to take that adventure.

Any answers are much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ben

BW, South Germany

Edit: After keeping it off power for a day it works again, but reacting funny. It wont install the Gotham Update and hangs sometimes. Will try this:

Yeah, its the Red Light of Death (RLOD) Error.

Some People at the Mele Forums suggested a Power Supply Problem, others tried a bigger one with No Luck.

Mele itself does not seem to have any clue, but its definitive a Hardware Problem.

Maybe some Bad or not correctly dimensioned Caps are the Problem....

#132 phate

phate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.5 Beta
  • SDK:v 1.2

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:24 PM

Hi All.

After suffering with this locking up /start up issue (RLOD) for a while now, after reading all post and diagnosis, please find below my experiences and knowledge of this issue:

For me, I have noticed when the issue is occurring both the blue led as well as a dimly lit red led will light. 

I can tell when my AV200 unit will function as normal as only a clear blue LED will light on start up.

Once the issue occurs, I need to power down(unplug) the unit for several hours (up to 12hrs) in order to restart the unit successfully, however although after long power down cycles I sometimes need to restart the unit 2/3 times before its back to normal.. Again I can tell when the unit will work successfully as only the blue LED will light when booting.

In most cases the unit will operate OK for days/weeks prior to its reoccurrence, however as another user has described, this issue can almost be resolved by unplugging the unit when its not in use.

I do like my AV200 and hope this post may help the developers /someone with a fix opposed to returning the unit??

George
UK

#133 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:42 AM

And thats is it no help from Vidon.me any more they take your money then leave you high and dry with a unit that does not work .

Hello Thestoka, 

We pride ourselves on our customer service here at VidOn.me and I am sorry to hear you say this.

I have to ask though, since this is your first post, when did you purchase a VidOn.me product and what model is it? If you have had problems with your device have you ever contacted us previously and how so? Why have you waited until now to utilize our forums?

Thanks,

Joe

#134 kshawnc

kshawnc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:01 AM

Greetings all,

Quick question, I have read thru all of this and not found the issue I am seeing, if anyone has seen this please share.

-AV200-

Following all instructions I have tried to upgrade/reload firmware due to dreaded wont start up/bricked issue.

-I have tried SD card method with the following results; upon initiation I get red-blue alternating light at about 1 second flash rate, after about 10-15 seconds it starts flashing fast, like every 1/2 second and never stops (overnight).

-Have tried PhoenixSuit and after about 10 seconds it states "burn firmware failed! please ensure the firmware file is valid and device work out correctly!"

The file came straight from the webpage as the latest firmware!

Thanks

#135 Doubleshot

Doubleshot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:23 AM

Ive been following this thread since nearly the beginning because my av200 bricked. I never did get it working correctly. So now it sits in a plastic bag in a drawer waiting for a suitable garage sale event. I have since purchased an Xbox One for the family and am running Plex troublefree! I love dvdfab. Best tool out there. The av box was not ready for Primetime.
  • seave likes this

#136 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

Greetings all,

Quick question, I have read thru all of this and not found the issue I am seeing, if anyone has seen this please share.

-AV200-

Following all instructions I have tried to upgrade/reload firmware due to dreaded wont start up/bricked issue.

-I have tried SD card method with the following results; upon initiation I get red-blue alternating light at about 1 second flash rate, after about 10-15 seconds it starts flashing fast, like every 1/2 second and never stops (overnight).

-Have tried PhoenixSuit and after about 10 seconds it states "burn firmware failed! please ensure the firmware file is valid and device work out correctly!"

The file came straight from the webpage as the latest firmware!

Thanks

Ive been following this thread since nearly the beginning because my av200 bricked. I never did get it working correctly. So now it sits in a plastic bag in a drawer waiting for a suitable garage sale event. I have since purchased an Xbox One for the family and am running Plex troublefree! I love dvdfab. Best tool out there. The av box was not ready for Primetime.

Hey guys, 

Sorry to reply to you so late in the day, but other tasks drew from the message board unfortunately. Tomorrow morning as soon as I get in I will speak to developers on both of your behalves and see if I can get you more detailed instructions for unbricking your device.

I personally know what a pain it is to brick a device and how much it just sucks and I don't want to see you guys get stuck with a couple of expensive door stops. 

Joe

• VandylEyez likes this

#137 ewiz

ewiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

Hi All,

I have the AV200 for months but unfortunately had no chance to finish even one move before it got "bricked/red light" problems. And "VidOn.me desktop has stopped working" problems. :sad:

Now, it's steadily turned on with RED Light and I'm not able to re-flash the SDK at all...is there any clue that it can be fixed or it turns to non fixable brick as the RED light sign??~! Thanks for any advises!!

#138 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:37 AM

Hi All,

I have the AV200 for months but unfortunately had no chance to finish even one move before it got "bricked/red light" problems. And "VidOn.me desktop has stopped working" problems. :sad:

Now, it's steadily turned on with RED Light and I'm not able to re-flash the SDK at all...is there any clue that it can be fixed or it turns to non fixable brick as the RED light sign??~! Thanks for any advises!!

Hi, ewiz

I've sent you a pm, please check it out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hardware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users