Just powered up at the 48 hour mark. It didn't work either but instead of waiting another 3 days I tried some things and (inadvertantly) got the box running.
Here's exactly what I did:
1. Booted up normally & got the red light
2. Held the power button on front of the box until the light turned blue
3. Released the power button and although the light remained blue nothing appeared on the tv screen ("no signal" was bouncing around)
4. Unplugged & reconnected the power cable from behind the box within a 4 second time frame. Red light appeared immediately
5. Simultaneously held the power button on front of the box & the Upgrade button on bottom of the box for 30 seconds.
5b. Light turned blue while holding the buttons and remained blue after releasing them w/ "no signal" onscreen.
6. Unplugged & reconnected the power cable from behind the box within a 4 second time frame.
6b. Vidonme loaded normally w/ the previous mods/additions intact that I mentioned in my initial May 6th post.
All is going well at the moment.
I'm going to make sure to disconnect the power each time I turn off the machine to see if that's a possible workaround for the time being.
I'll post any significant info.
Hope this helps