Photo

3.1.3: Bricked/red light problems. And "VidOn.me desktop has stopped working" problems!

Hardware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

#41 WMConey

WMConey

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 14.2.0
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4
  • iPad:Air
  • iOS on iPad:8.1.0
  • Android Phone:OnePlus One

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

The Phoenix program immediately stops with an error message "Card Preprocess Failed !1034." What does this mean? How do I fix?

At two different points on this forum, two different image files are recommended. What is the EXACT name of the file I am supposed to use?

Please respond quickly. I am the end of my patience with this device.

#42 AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf

Non-VidOn Box User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNoord-Holland, Netherlands

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

The Phoenix program immediately stops with an error message "Card Preprocess Failed !1034." What does this mean? How do I fix?

At two different points on this forum, two different image files are recommended. What is the EXACT name of the file I am supposed to use?

Please respond quickly. I am the end of my patience with this device.

It can be your SD Card, the Phoenix program only like some SD Cards.

The SD Card i have used a view times is the Icidu MicroSDHC Class 10 32GB [SI-707236].

#43 WMConey

WMConey

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

It can be your SD Card, the Phoenix program only like some SD Cards.The SD Card i have used a view times is the Icidu MicroSDHC Class 10 32GB [SI-707236].

I tried two different cards, a Samsung 64G [class 10, BTW] and a 4G I found at a hardware store. Frankly, I'm not going to start a research project on SD cards without even knowing that's the issue. If VidOn.me really believed this would fix things, they could FedEx a 2G SD card with the firmware pre-burned. It would cost them less than US$10 which is less than the refund will cost them when I pack the box up tomorrow and ship it back.

EDIT: As described in other threads, my AV200 has corrupted its software and will not boot. The method described for burning a new image file does not work.I would like to ask for one of the following:1) Very detailed instructions that address the error message I receive when trying to burn an image. -OR-2) An SD card with the image file already burned -OR-3) An acknowledgement you are not going to support this device and I should give up and send it back.I would appreciate some communication from a VidOn.me staffer.

I tried two different cards, a Samsung 64G [class 10, BTW] and a 4G I found at a hardware store. Frankly, I'm not going to start a research project on SD cards without even knowing that's the issue. If VidOn.me really believed this would fix things, they could FedEx a 2G SD card with the firmware pre-burned. It would cost them less than US$10 which is less than the refund will cost them when I pack the box up tomorrow and ship it back.

Yes you are right, but MeLE has precise the same problems, also can read some SD Cards.

#44 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:56 AM

Yes you are right, but MeLE has precise the same problems, also can read some SD Cards.

You mean the MeLE's box also can not turn on?

Sorry for the trouble, WMConey. We'd like to replace a new box for you, please contact our CS (service@vidon.me). We need you send the box back to us, because the reason is still unknown, we need to collect some boxes to find out the reason.

#45 WMConey

WMConey

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:39 AM

Sorry for the trouble, WMConey. We'd like to replace a new box for you, please contact our CS ( service@vidon.me ). We need you send the box back to us, because the reason is still unknown, we need to collect some boxes to find out the reason.

Ok, that's a reasonable response.. It will be a day or two before I can pack it up, but I will send it to the attention of the Customer Service person who previously contacted me. Should I tell her that this is for failure analysis internally?

Regards.

#46 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:15 AM

Yes, you can tell her, thank you very much!

#47 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:22 AM

We have recognized the seriousness of the problem, and we are still looking for reasons.

We have received a few of faulty boxes, but after testing, they can start up normally, the issue didn't reappeared, we have tested the voltage of 110, 120 and 220, so it's weird. But all the boxes with this issue can get a replacement, please contact us via service@vidon.me .

#48 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

We have recognized the seriousness of the problem, and we are still looking for reasons. We have received a few of faulty boxes, but after testing, they can start up normally, the issue didn't reappeared, we have tested the voltage of 110, 120 and 220, so it's weird. But all the boxes with this issue can get a replacement, please contact us via service@vidon.me .

Wolly Xu, as you may remember, mine was one that bricked, you gave me a early firmware that fixed it but then started doing it again. I could not get the firmware to flash again so I sent it back. Do you know if mine still had a problem when you received it?

#49 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:48 AM

@Fuzzy, we tested your box, but the issue didn't happen, we tested it with different voltages, but it can start up normally, so i say it's weird.

#50 WMConey

WMConey

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

We have recognized the seriousness of the problem, and we are still looking for reasons.

We have received a few of faulty boxes, but after testing, they can start up normally, the issue didn't reappeared, we have tested the voltage of 110, 120 and 220, so it's weird. But all the boxes with this issue can get a replacement, please contact us via service@vidon.me .

Something's over- writing something else. Check what other apps each returned box has installed. Just a thought.

#51 thomash

thomash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Devices:AV200
  • VidOn XBMC:v 1.1.0.2
  • SDK:v 3.1.3
  • iPhone:6
  • iPad:3

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Mine box did the same thing today. It wont start, and when i took the power off and reconnected it, the power led was red. I hold the power bottom for about 10 sec, the LED turned blue and the vidon.me logo showed on the screen. After 3-4 sec it disappeared and now there are only black screen. How can I reinstall the firmware if I'm on a MAC? New: I managed to get the SD card formatter, and ran the update process on the AV200. The LED blinked red/blue, and after about 10 minutes i removed the power cord and SD card. When I reconnect the power cord, the LED is still RED, and I cannot do anything - the box is dead.. What to do?

#52 thomash

thomash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

After several of hours rescuing, i finally succeeded and got the box up and running. I then updated the XMBC to the newest version, and added my shared folder via SMB. From time to time the box disconnects from the NAS, and tries to connect again. I need to restart XBMC to get the box connected to the shared drive again. I gave up testing the audio with the two files from the forum.

#53 VandylEyez

VandylEyez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

Hi,

I have no idea if this info is relevant or just a coincidence but I bought my AV200 in December 2013, used it briefly in January and found it was 'bricked' upon startup in late Feb. It had been almost a month and a half between uses. I followed the threads here for a while hoping for a fix. After leaving the box unplugged and untouched for a month I happened to uninstall the Vidonme remote control from my iphone 3S and later that day on a whim plugged in the AV200. It worked but had reset itself to factory. I waited through the initial startup process, updated to the latest version of XBMC and configured all my settings-adding Fusion repository. I backed up my settings to an external HD and haven't had an issue in over a week.

I'm still using v3.1.3 as the 2GB SD card I burned the 3.1.5 image to was apparently incompatible. Still waiting for an issue to arise and I'll post back if/when it does but wondering which, if any, of these variables had something to do w/ the (at least temporary) fix:
1) Leaving the device unplugged for an extended length of time
2) Uninstalling remote control from iphone 3S (remote control installed in Android OS on my Galaxy Proclaim appears harmless)
3) Updating to newest ver of XBMC

#54 Strascak

Strascak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:39 AM

SDK v 3.1.3 for AV200 Ever since the last online update for the AV200, I'm been having problems with the box freezing. I also have a problems after turning off the power with the remote, the Red power button stays lit and continues to power my hard drives. Each time I try and turn the AV200 back on, it won't turn on with the remote or the front power button. Tonight I tried to reinstall the firmware image from an SD card. I downloaded the image and the software to burn it to the SD card. The software said the burn completed correctly. When I try hold the power button and plug in the power, I first get a blue light, then a red light, and no matter how long I wait, the red light never turns off. If I then hold the power button the AV200 restarts and I get a blue light but it never starts up or puts out a signal to my TV. All of these problems happened since the last update. Before that update, I never had these issues. Any help would be appreciated, this is very frustrating as I've beta tested products for over 15 years and this has me stumped. Kevin

An update: Today, after sitting overnight with a red light on, the AV200 actually booted up. However I keep getting a message that "the AV200 has stopped working" and the box freezes. I also cannot shut the AV200 off. Pressing the power button on the remote or the AV200 won't turn off the box. The blue light stays on. If I hold the power button the AV200's power light will turn to red, but power is still going to my two USB 3TB HDD's. The HDD's continue to spin even though the AV200's power light is red. Thanks Kevin

#55 tarheeltater

tarheeltater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

I have the same problem. The device will not display anything. I have not used it for a month or so now it will not boot. I did the firmware, after the blinking red and blue lights I waited for the red light. I then pulled the SD card and tried to turn it on. If I press the power button nothing happens. I have to hold it before it turns blue. I still never get any picture or menu Any suggestions?

Small update, I moved it to another TV with another HDMI cable. I can see the firmware progress on this TV. I wait for it to finish, remove the SD card and then push the power button. I see the Vidon.me splash screen then it turns off. I am getting further on this tv but the AV200 will not stay on

#56 thomash

thomash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

After last time where my box died, and I succeeded to reinstall the firmware, it's now dead again. It's bin a little over a week since I used the box the last time, but when I wanted to use it today nothing happen when I press the Power button on the remote. I plugged the out the power and back again, after that the box started but only with the VidOn Me logo.. After a couple of minutes it was still there. I removed the power once again, now it will not start up. The LED on the box only turns red.. Im a little confused because I don't think it's cool that the box needs to be factory reset every month.. Is there a way to avoid this problem? Mfg Thomas.

#57 Chrish78

Chrish78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNiedersachsen, Germany

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. MFG Christian

#58 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

So sorry for the trouble, I suggest you contact us for a replacement.

#59 thomash

thomash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:00 PM