Photo

3.1.3: Bricked/red light problems. And "VidOn.me desktop has stopped working" problems!

Hardware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

#1 misterp

misterp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNewport, UK

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

After some infrequent use it has stooped working the red light is on but that's it. I cant see where to put the SD card (I can use a pen drive?) tried using the remote no joy ... any ideas?
  • Hermanio likes this

#2 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

I cant see where to put the SD card (I can use a pen drive?)...

I'm confused. What are you trying to do? Re-install the firmware or something???

#3 misterp

misterp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNewport, UK

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

Ran the update program and was working ok. Came to use the box a couple of days later and can't switch on via remote or switch. Has a constant red light on front of box - not sure what to do now. Other user who unbrick their box talks about using an SD card - can't even see one can see 2 USB and 1 micro usb so confused.

#4 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

The SD card slot is located on the left side of the device: -

Posted Image

Cheers

#5 misterp

misterp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNewport, UK

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

Hurray - got it working (thanks to SeeMoreDigital) and I found the hidden reset button. Shame it can't default to XMBC rather than going through the 'droid interface I wonder what I can do with that? Thanks again

#6 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

Glad you hear you managed to get your box working again. With regard to XBMC, my preference is to completely remove the old version before installing the new version, which is currently 1.0.0.6 Cheers

#7 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Im having the same problem, sometime the red power light is lit up and sometimes its off, after the box sets for awhile the remote will no longer turn the unit on (light on front lights up blue) Sometimes holding the power button on the unit for 7-8 seconds turns it on, sometimes only unplugging the power and plugging back in will work. I did a full android reset, updated xbmc, turned it off, waiting 20 minutes and it still didn't fix the problem. The remote can turn off the unit and I can use it to turn the unit right back on after I shut it down.

#8 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:24 AM

So, my box becomes unresponsive when it sets for more then a couple hours http://forum.vidon.m...stopped-working so I am trying to install from scratch and the phoenixcard program gives me this when trying to load 20140222_200911_zpsf45b0cda.jpg 20140222_200918_zpsf7127355.jpg what am I missing?

#9 GregiBoy

GregiBoy

The Wizard of Oz

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia
  • Devices:VidOn Box, AV200
  • Devices:RT1186 Linux
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.6
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.7
  • SDK:v 1.3
  • Android Phone:Medion AP4
  • Android Pad:Medion Lifetab

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:44 AM

You need to have downloaded the sun6i_android_mars-ml220.img file which you use in the Pheonix Card software..

#10 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

• Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • SDK:v 1.4

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

How can I reinstall the firmware if the box becomes dead/bricked: http://vidon.me/faq/...about_operation

You can download the img file from here, and follow the steps to reinstall the firmware.

#11 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

thanks I found the file but the Phoenix software errors out when it burns.

#12 AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf

Non-VidOn Box User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNoord-Holland, Netherlands

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

Here is a rough translation, so that people can read it: Actually, you can also use wire brush, the method is as follows: 1 . Open PhoenixSuit, in the main interface status 2 , select a type brush, and select the ones you want to brush the IMG firmware image. (usually the XXX .img format) 2 , unplug the AV 200 body all of the cable. including the power cord 3 to USB small interface connected to the bodywork Micro USB interface. 4, and the toothpicks long press the bottom of the button to resume button, and do not release the 5 and at the same time will be USB line of another and access the above is already open PhoenixSuit Computer USB interface 6, the wait PhoenixSuit screen pops up to prompt, you can release the key recovery button and press OK to start the phone. 7, the brush is successful, and then disconnect the USB online, and then in the normal way to connect your player to the TV.

#13 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:18 AM

A better translation. Actually, you can reinstall the firmware via USB cable as follows: 1. Open PhoenixSuit and the main interface shows up. 2. Choose one-button-recovery function, and choose the IMG firmware pack you want to reinstall. (the regular format is XXX.img) 3. Unplug all the cables connected to AV200, including the power cable. 4. Plug the smaller end of the USB into the Micro USB port on AV200. 5. Use a toothpick to press the reset button on the underside of the box and hold there. 6. At the same time, plug the other end of the USB into the USB port of the computer on which the PhoenixSuit is running. 7. Now wait for the prompt on the interface of PhoenixSuit, then you can release the reset button, and press OK to start reinstalling process. 8. After it's finished, unplug the USB cable, then connect AV200 to your TV as the way it should be.

#14 Cornel

Cornel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBucuresti, Romania

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

I having the same problem, sometime the red power light is lit up and sometimes its off, after the box sets for awhile the remote will no longer turn the unit on (light on front lights up blue) Sometimes holding the power button on the unit for 7-8 seconds turns it on, sometimes only unplugging the power and plugging back in will work. The remote can turn ON the unit and I can use it to turn the unit right back on after I shut it down. I never thought I could be so tiring to start a machine .. I'm already sick of it ! I think I'll ship your machine back to the manufacturer and ask money back ! This device VidOn Android Blu-ray Box AV200 is a big disappointment for me !

#15 Hotzen

Hotzen

VidOn.me Staff

• Moderators
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCentral District, Hong Kong

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:17 AM

I having the same problem, sometime the red power light is lit up and sometimes its off, after the box sets for awhile the remote will no longer turn the unit on (light on front lights up blue) Sometimes holding the power button on the unit for 7-8 seconds turns it on, sometimes only unplugging the power and plugging back in will work. The remote can turn ON the unit and I can use it to turn the unit right back on after I shut it down.

I never thought I could be so tiring to start a machine .. I'm already sick of it !

I think I'll ship your machine back to the manufacturer and ask money back !

This device VidOn Android Blu-ray Box AV200 is a big disappointment for me !

Sorry for the SDK issue,we are connecting Mele to fix this problem,you can also try to reinstall the firmware if possible.
You can refer to this: http://www.vidon.me/...about_operation
Anyway,thanks for your support and we'll keep on working!

#16 Cornel

Cornel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBucuresti, Romania

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

I reinstalled the firmware SDK v 3.1.3 for AV200 (http://www.vidon.me/..._mars-ml220.img) and now is OK, the remote is working !
Let's see how long !

#17 sartanscorps

sartanscorps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

Here is what my situation is with my AV200 box.

I went on holiday for a week and now that I'm back my box is unresponsive. I've followed these steps. A) I checked the batteries in the remote, they tested fine. B) I unplugged the machine then tried power button on the front. The light on the front goes briefly to blue and then back to red. C) I jump onto the forums here and see this is a common problem. D) I reloaded the OS using the dead/brick instructions on the FAQ. The only version posted I have found is 3.1.3. This got the box working for exactly 1 power cycle. At that point it went back to the dreaded red light.

From some of the comments I've read on the forums here there is a beta 3.1.4 version that fixes this problem. What I haven't seen is a link to the image file so I can load it using the dead/brick procedure. I would like to request a direct download link or explicit instruction on where to obtain 3.1.4.

I've run beta and alpha software before. I know the risks of running bleeding edge. Since the machine isn't running at all with the current software, its not like there is anything to loose.

Thanks in advance.

#18 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

From some of the comments I've read on the forums here there is a beta 3.1.4 version that fixes this problem. What I haven't seen is a link to the image file so I can load it using the dead/brick procedure. I would like to request a direct download link or explicit instruction on where to obtain 3.1.4.

At the time of writing this, VidOn.me have not confirmed that SDK 3.1.4 is an official SDK release. Indeed, most of us are still running 3.1.3.

Perhaps you have a faulty box... It happens...

Cheers

#19 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:08 AM

Hi,

After some more testing, we found SDK 3.1.4 has some problems, so we closed the update.

We are addressing this problem with MeLE, and 3.1.4 will be skipped, let's wait the 3.1.5. As for the "RED LIGHT" problem, we will confirm with MeLE to see if it's a hardware problem or we can fix it through SDK updating.

If it's a hardware problem, you can contact our service (http://vidon.me/contact.htm) for a replacement.

Thank you!

#20 Leachys

Leachys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

I have the same problem. Went through all the steps and contacted CS. Right now it is a brick. Not sure how long to wait on this but patience is running low.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hardware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users