Photo

Please tell us: Which VidOn XBMC add-ons are working/not working on the VidOn Box?

XBMC Addons

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

A/V Encoding Guru and Forum Moderator

• Honorary Closed Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNotts, UK
  • Devices:See Signature

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:05 AM

I had completely forgotten about this beta  :shame:

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear | Please post in-accordance with the Forum Rules

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

DEVICE: VidOn Box · SDK 1.4 · VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 (Gotham) and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (Kodi/Helix) · VMC (VidOn Media Center) 0.0.1.9 (Gotham)

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH I'M A FORUM MODERATOR, I'M NOT A 'VidOn.me' EMPLOYEE. AND AS SUCH, MY COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!

#62 andypriyantoko

andypriyantoko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:VidOn Box
  • VidOn XBMC:v 1.0.0.0
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.8
  • SDK:v 1.4
  • Android Phone:LG Nexus 4
  • Android Pad:Acer Iconia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:45 PM

No not yet. As the current beta does not include a full complement of features...

OK then. I think I will use Apple iTunes Trailer for this time, until the new update of Vidon XBMC release.

The main feature of XMBC that I use is to play HD movies (mkv files).

Thanks

#63 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • VidOn XBMC:v 15.2.2, v 14.2.1
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.9
  • iPhone:6
  • iOS on iPhone:9.3.2
  • iPad:3
  • iOS on iPad:9.3.2

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:25 PM

Using the latest (unstable) 14.1 VidOn XBMC. Genesis is not working, Football Today is not working. Youtube is working. Seinfeld add on is working. Those are the only add ons I use.

When can we expect add ons to work?

At this time I have some clients (5 boxes in total) which have bought their boxes because I recommended them, but I've had to install Kodi from the internet in order for them to use add ons.

I hardly use the add ons, but my clients do.

*What is really annoying for them is that I need Vidon XBMC for their movie library, because audio is better. So, they need two XBMC installed.

Edited by willynanita, 03 June 2015 - 12:36 PM.

#64 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:28 PM

Using the latest (unstable) 14.1 VidOn XBMC. Genesis is not working, Football Today is not working. Youtube is working. Seinfeld add on is working. Those are the only add ons I use.

When can we expect add ons to work?

At this time I have some clients (5 boxes in total) which have bought their boxes because I recommended them, but I've had to install Kodi from the internet in order for them to use add ons.

I hardly use the add ons, but my clients do.

*What is really annoying for them is that I need Vidon XBMC for their movie library, because audio is better. So, they need two XBMC installed.

Please?

#65 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing
  • VidOn XBMC:v 0.0.0.4 Beta
  • VMC:v 0.0.1.6
  • SDK:v 1.2
  • Android Phone:TY K-Touch E88
  • Android Pad:Kindle Fire 1

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:12 AM

Hey willynanita, 

What problems are you experiencing with the Genesis and Football Today add-ons? Are your selected videos loading at all? Is there an unwatchable amount of buffering? Are the installing properly?

I am talking to the developers and searching around the internet trying to find similar problems and come up with viable solutions. 

Let me know so we can work on solving this. 

Sorry about all the trouble, 

Joe

Here is a little of what I have found:

If buffering is the problem in Genesis this post may be of assistance: http://forums.tvaddo...751ec7f525cb1ce, the Genesis team themselves say that Genesis is only responsible for connecting you to a source, not for streaming quality. As well, they are not responsible if a source is removed for whatever reason. 

You can also try going to genesis>tools>hd priorities/sd priorities in Genesis and playing around with the settings until you find what is right for you. Also, try increasing the timeout setting so that the download/buffer does not timeout so quickly and interrupt your stream. 

If you can't stream a particular video in either add on try going to the settings and enabling all sources. 

Finally, from the looks of the add-ons forums, Lambda may have stopped supporting Football Today; people have been complaining of an inability to use it since the beginning of the year and no one, in particular the developers, have offered any assistance.

#66 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:08 AM

I am getting "no stream available" in Genesis.
There is no way to load a movie from the addon.

#67 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:14 AM

Ok, so what this means is that particular stream link has been removed, most likely due to some legal issues, I can't say what.

But if you are able to properly install and run Genesis, then it is not a problem with our box; if you are able to access a list of streams, then it is not a problem with Genesis. Try enabling all stream sources under settings, that is the best advice I can give. 

Otherwise even Genesis will tell you they are not responsible for streams, only the links to them.

#68 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:39 AM

The thing is Genesis works fine on kodi installed from the web on the same box. Genesis doesn't work on vidon
xbmc.

#69 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:47 AM

Ok, I will talk to the developers about this now.

#70 Joe

Joe

Advanced Member

• VidOn.me Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationBeijing

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:07 AM

The thing is Genesis works fine on kodi installed from the web on the same box. Genesis doesn't work on vidon
xbmc.

Could you upload a zip file of the Genesis add on you are using so that we may test it? As well, could you walk me through the steps which you are undertaking to play a video file, as in open VidOn XBMC>open Genesis>select movies> select Avengers movie, etc. Finally, and only if you are comfortable conveying this information (maybe via PM is better), what movies or TV shows were you attempting to stream?

#71 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:03 PM

Could you upload a zip file of the Genesis add on you are using so that we may test it? As well, could you walk me through the steps which you are undertaking to play a video file, as in open VidOn XBMC>open Genesis>select movies> select Avengers movie, etc. Finally, and only if you are comfortable conveying this information (maybe via PM is better), what movies or TV shows were you attempting to stream?

I installed the addon using the Fusion source, then used the "addon installer" to search and install Genesis. I don't know how to extract the addon from the box.

Loading the addon, everything seems fine, it also updates if necessary. I search for a movie from popular movies or recent, select any movie and nothing happens, I only get a message that says no stream available. Same thing for all kinds of video I try to load.

I've seen other topics here regarding this problem, there's also a Genesis file I downloaded from this forum, but it didn't work either.

#72 Wolly Xu

Wolly Xu

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1792 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:50 AM

Hi Willy

You can copy the addon folder to an USB drive.

Go to Main Screen -> My Apps -> Filemanager -> Local Memory -> Android -> data -> org.vidonme.xbmc OR org.xbmc.kodi -> files -> .xbmc -> addons, find out the Genesis addon fold and press Menu button on your remote, choose "Copy" then back to the first level, select the USB drive then "Paste" it into your USB drive.

#73 cherry73

cherry73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDevon, U.K
  • VidOn XBMC:v 14.1.0
  • Android Pad:Kobo Arc 7HD

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:51 PM

xbmc.

Hi guys.

I have been scouring this Forum for a while now to get the "Genesis fix", and have tried lots of combinations of software /firmware options with my VidOn box and have finally found my answer.

I did a full HARD RESET.

After the box loaded, i updated everything from scratch OTA

I am currently running

LATEST SDK 1.4

LATEST VMC 0.0.1.9

and finally downloaded VIDON XBMC 14.1.0

i left the option to download VIDON XBMC 1.0.0.0 (13.2)  alone

after starting up vidonxbmc  14.1, i added FUSION as a SOURCE and used their ADDON INSTALLER to install GENESIS, PHEONIX, EARTH CAM etc etc individually.

I am pleased to say that it ALL works perfectly, and the audio sync output is also spot on.

After nearly a week it is still perfect  :smile:

Thanks guys and i hope this helps a lot of other people with similar problems as above

With a bit of patience and having  great developers as yourself this box has great potential  :tootha:

Keep up the great work :vidon-good:

• Joe likes this

#74 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:19 PM

I was about to ask how to do a hard reset on the box...?

#75 cherry73

cherry73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDevon, U.K
  • VidOn XBMC:v 14.1.0
  • Android Pad:Kobo Arc 7HD

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:30 AM

I was about to ask how to do a hard reset on the box...?

Try this link 

http://forum.vidon.m...n-box/?hl=reset

#76 willynanita

willynanita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

I tried Cherry73 suggestion to no avail. Genesis is not working.

Things are worst though. I now get pauses in the video and audio when loading a movie from my library.

I did as instructed by Cherry and before that I cleared the VidOn XBMC, then the hard reset, then all the updates, then installed 14.1 and added my tv shows and addons.

#77 dinglepost

dinglepost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:20 PM

Since my vidon box updated 2/3 weeks ago it continually freezes that at this moment I have nothing to look at no matter which addon I try.

Tried clearing cache, rebooting nothing works I am just a newbie trying to sort this out so could do with some help.

PS: box was working ok up to the update.

Dinglepost

Vidon XBMC 14.2 Git:2015-07-09-c57ad35 [compiled:July10 2015
BlurayLib: 1.0.3.0
DvdLib: 1.0.0.7
VDM Player: 2.0.1.5

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBMC Addons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users